Brexit, for once some facts.

Mar 9, 2016
And you denying you'll get wet when it's raining since when the rain hits you under the tree where you are you will shelter under the next one?
ROFLMAO
Remember this gaping flaw in your argument, There wasn't a sick patient needing treatment till the referendum was there?
Tell me Flud after voting for remain, what else can I do to stop the looneys burning down the Asylum?
Your advice would be appreciatedo_O
Good question OG.
You can either,
A) Listen to Lord King, George Osboure, Hargreaves Labsdown,, Woodruff and Mark Carney. Keep calm and carry on.
Or
B) You can buy into hysteria, propoganda and work yourself into a heart attack and cause much resentment in process.

Lord King has jus t this moment said
" In 20 years time this event will be looked on as barely significant."

I,m fairly sure you,ll choose B so I,m going sailing. ( near you actually. Fraisthorpe)
Ps . Don't have heart attack..calm down, drink tea and carry on...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I was trying to recall from History lessons at school the worst political blunders on a par with this one and I found a worthy Candidate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme
It was organised by a bunch of incompetent cretins, just like now and ended in utter disaster
which cost Scotland it's independence when that was the opposite of what they wanted.

"We're bought and sold for English Gold,
Such a Parcel of Rogues in a Nation."
Just Substitute the villain of your choice for English, my starter for ten is "Murdochs"

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Good question OG.
You can either,
A) Listen to Lord King, George Osboure, Hargreaves Labsdown,, Woodruff and Mark Carney. Keep calm and carry on.
Or
B) You can buy into hysteria, propoganda and work yourself into a heart attack and cause much resentment in process.

I,m fairly sure you,ll choose B so I,m going sailing. ( near you actually. Fraisthorpe)
A) And why should these people be trusted? let me respond with
"In 20 years time the United Kingdom will have separated at the internal borders and be barely significant"

B) I didn't, you did....

Are you sailing out of Bridlington Yacht compound? I used to crew a pal at works Tornado Cat out of there, good sailing in the bay.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Good question OG.
You can either,
Or

Ps . Don't have heart attack..calm down, drink tea and carry on...
it wont matter then as part of distant history (in which there was a united kingdom, back in the mist of time, who's population took a turn into a Darwinian cul de sac, as a result of myopia brought on by having it too easy for too long)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You can always rely on the Daily Mail to reverse lies and claim they are the truth
"'Project Fear is over,' declares Boris Johnson as he tells Britain: 'Pensions are safe, the pound and markets are stable - it's all very good news'"

Isn't it reassuring that this idiot is likely to be the next prime minister?
He's like Saddam's information minister Comical Ali

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Porky of the day from the Express
"
European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit
EUROPEAN political chiefs are to take advantage of Brexit by unveiling their long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one GIANT SUPERSTATE, it has emerged today.
The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.
Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.
The public broadcaster reports that the bombshell proposal will be presented to a meeting of the Visegrad group of countries - made up of Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia - by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier later today.

Excerpts of the nine-page report were published today as the leaders of Germany, France and Italy met in Berlin for Brexit crisis talks.

In the preamble to the text the two ministers write: "Our countries share a common destiny and a common set of values ??that give rise to an even closer union between our citizens. We will therefore strive for a political union in Europe and invite the next Europeans to participate in this venture."
Sorry Express this is just another of you long list of lies, how even if this proposal exists, are the going to get all 27 nations to agree to it without years of discussions and a new Treaty?
And the source?
A claim from a nut case
"The public broadcaster reports"
Does he indeed!
Absolute Rot!
And the "post Brexit " bit is hilarious, as it appears to claim that despite (according to the Express)us having no say in the way the EU was run, we somehow prevented them implementing this dastardly plan?
How stupid can that paper get? they don't know what a so called proposal is from an agreed policy? they'll be claiming Europeans are Vampires next because it is EU policy to genetically change children.

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
when the next Chancellor presents his first budget, the UK will realize the cost of Brexit. The 9.1% drop in the value of the Pound on Friday will make very few people happy

I am not at all worried about the ex rate or the stock market, and is far to soon to judge what they will stabilise at
As far as stock market its monopoly money anyway and currently just a play thing of the investors as they try to make a quick buck, dont also forget the European countries, far east and US are also down. It will get over it
The currency is now back to levels seen in 2014 so not really dramatic when you look over 1 year or more movements. Of course in a few days it looks shocking, which is exactly just that "a shock" but it will recover from the shock
And if it settles lower than before then we've been there before and it helps exports.
Ironic by the way at current levels would more than negate the duties we would pay to EU in case we are just operating to WTO rules. So all a big fuss over nothing which is what I expected
Be very clear these range of changes of ex rates are over a normal year entirely within any companies normal range that they would plan for or at least respond to as "Normal business"

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
one possible outcome is for Scotland to become independent and to remain in the EU but not to join Schengen and to have their own currency, NI reunited with Ireland, the city of London relocated to Edinburgh.
I for one would vote for Scotland and the city to sail off into the sunset together.

Reactions: mike killay

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
I think we were kept out for 10 years by De Gaulle for whatever reason. Maybe if we had been let in earlier we may have been more committed and involved
What would have made a big difference was if we had stayed in the erms and gone on to full Euro conversion, but that battle was lost when Germany refused to cut us some slack re Interest rates. National interest forced us out and is still the problem in the EU. I cannot see that changing now but instead of a Federal future it might even manage to be a union of states. Heh, they could even call it something like the "European Union", think it might catch on?
Anyone for Nuking Brussels to help them along

Last edited:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I am not at all worried about the ex rate or the stock market, and is far to soon to judge what they will stabilise at
As far as stock market its monopoly money anyway and currently just a play thing of the investors as they try to make a quick buck, dont also forget the European countries, far east and US are also down. It will get over it
The currency is now back to levels seen in 2014 so not really dramatic when you look over 1 year or more movements. Of course in a few days it looks shocking, which is exactly just that "a shock" but it will recover from the shock
And if it settles lower than before then we've been there before and it helps exports.
Ironic by the way at current levels would more than negate the duties we would pay to EU in case we are just operating to WTO rules. So all a big fuss over nothing which is what I expected
Be very clear these range of changes of ex rates are over a normal year entirely within any companies normal range that they would plan for or at least respond to as "Normal business"
here's a realistic best case scenario - the pound devalues 35% overall by next year, imports/fuel/everything are that much more expensive, inflation goes up to 4% as a result, BoE increases rates to the same level to make the pound more attractive, and curb inflation, house prices devalue by around 35%. Oh yes and Scotland leaves and the union ends.To be honest i dont mind either. But I'm a bromptoneering vegan who's only really bad habit is annual trips to the carribean, all of which will still be iminently affordable. All those low income brexiteers in the midlands, on the other hand, are in for a rocky ride.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
they'll be claiming Europeans are Vampires next because it is EU policy to genetically change children.
Oh damn! Now the cat is out of the bag, you weren't supposed to know that! We do still have the intention to move the seat of EU government to Transylvania... :p

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I would like to propose that you get to host the Calais camp on your side for a year. We could do a one year in Dover - one year in Calais kind of calendar. Much better than you paying us for keeping them here. Looking at camp conditions maybe you aren't paying enough anyway?

Another thought I had was getting a small sailing boat and sailing a couple of refugees over at a time for 500€ a pop. Keep it nice and discreet rather than those big inflatables with 250 hp motors on the back with 50 or 60 on board like they do in Gibraltar (now there is a messy situation, Gibraltar...)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What would have made a big difference was if we had stayed in the erms and gone on to full Euro conversion, but that battle was lost when Germany refused to cut us some slack re Interest rates. National interest forced us out and is still the problem in the EU. I cannot see that changing now but instead of a Federal future it might even manage to be a union of states. Heh, they could even call it something like the "European Union", think it might catch on?
Anyone for Nuking Brussels to help them along
Steady there Big Brother might be watching!:eek:

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I would like to propose that you get to host the Calais camp on your side for a year. We could do a one year in Dover - one year in Calais kind of calendar. Much better than you paying us for keeping them here. Looking at camp conditions maybe you aren't paying enough anyway?

Another thought I had was getting a small sailing boat and sailing a couple of refugees over at a time for 500€ a pop. Keep it nice and discreet rather than those big inflatables with 250 hp motors on the back with 50 or 60 on board like they do in Gibraltar (now there is a messy situation, Gibraltar...)
Why should we have to pay. You all got rid of your borders.

Advertisers