Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Come on now trex cheer up.
There is no such thing as problems, only challenges
The trouble is the number of challenges is becoming a problem.

(That should get a smile from Brendan):D

• :D
Reactions: BrendanJ

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Her Majesty has made a statement
"
Queen says 'well, I’m still alive anyway' when asked how she is by Northern Ireland’s deputy first minister"
Well said your Majesty! I couldn't have put it better myself.:)
I shall treasure her wise words, and when asked "How do you view the referendum result"
I have the perfect answer, don't I?
Do I get a smile Brendan?:D

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Daily Express this morning
"Nigel Farage warns Boris may be BACK-PEDALLING on EU immigration promises made in campaign"

And today for the first time in History i managed to among the majority in a Daily Express Poll !
The poll asked
Has Boris back-pedalled on his immigration promises?
And 90% had finally switched on their single brain cell and agreed with me that he had!
Halleluya!
Big smile from me, and from Brendan too.

Reactions: robdon and BrendanJ

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Question time was fun
Question Time audience member puts down Diane Abbott as she attacks Farage for NHS 'lies'
Farage has nothing to do with Vote Leave he cries!
(Forgetting he was happy to be seen in front of the bus!)
And one of the comments was the rather amusing
"
"Farage is not Vote Leave" is a distinction without a difference. Both wanted the same thing, a brexit. And we never heard neither of them deny the 350 million sloganeeing. So this bitter-clingy, angry shouty, disgruntled guy with his Hitler Youth face is a BIG FAT LIAR

He sounds like a Maffia thug, who says: "We never beat up that guy with iron rods, we only had baseball bats""
Give us a smile Brendan:D

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I love the Daily Express;

Honest Boris should be PM after leading us to Brexit victory, says CHRIS ROYCROFT-DAVIS
THE party’s over but the malady lingers on. David Cameron may have had the decency to resign, George Osborne may have had the good sense to go into hiding, but the arrogance that has detached the Conservative Party from so many of its followers won’t go away.

Honest Boris???? (laughs hysterically!)
England, where lies rule and liars become Prime Minister.
Still why not, after all the last one was, wasn't he?:D

btw: great line "The party’s over but the malady lingers on."

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2016
Every cloud ? Something I,m sure we can all agree on. Fat interfering sod "who et all the pies" Oliver says he,s leaving UK ( the U is under review whilst OG thinks of an alternative) post Brexit. We can eat our chips in peace then..
He,s off to USA on another crusade. Rawmarsh was a bit more than he could chew.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Come on now trex cheer up.
There is no such thing as problems, only challenges
The trouble is the number of challenges is becoming a problem.

(That should get a smile from Brendan):D
oldgroaner, nothing in the world is ever free, there is always a price to pay. I think people who voted out knew that there would be a cost, whether that be political turmoil, strained relationships with our European friends, the pound losing value, stock market volatility or many other factors.

What I don't understand is your apparent glee when hearing this news. The vignette that you portray is that of a man, sitting in front of his computer, privately rejoicing in the difficulties that his country now faces for his own titillation and gratification. It really does demonstrate a total lack of grace.

You dismissal of the 52% of the country who voted out as lacking in intelligence and being gullible is particularly grotesque. I agree that there will be some who voted out for the wrong reasons and will have been influenced by erroneous information. The same will be true for some of those who voted in, but I can assure you that there will be out voters who are far more intelligent than you or I.

Please, make you points in future, but try to do it with a little less hand-wringing relish and mean spiritedness.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Who are France and Germany going to blame in the future when things go wrong now that we have left?

http://static.presspublica.pl/red/rp/pdf/DokumentUE.pdf
the many levels of irony in this post was just too hard too ignore: here we are, a small xenophobic little island of self-evidently inbred intellectually impaired (to put it very mildly) voters who have completely rogered themselves economically (probably for the next fifty years) because they blamed a few immigrants for their own un-industrious, unenlightened self interest and laziness. Yes, even without brexit, the UK would have had problems with its fat, unproductive, benefit cheating, entitled day time tv watching, thick native population. Brexit was really just the icing on the cake, the logical conclusion to that.

• Agree
Reactions: Croxden and flecc

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
I voted purely to regain control over our right to govern ourselves, something you have conveniently omitted from your post.

Reactions: trex

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
oldgroaner, nothing in the world is ever free, there is always a price to pay. I think people who voted out knew that there would be a cost, whether that be political turmoil, strained relationships with our European friends, the pound losing value, stock market volatility or many other factors.

What I don't understand is your apparent glee when hearing this news. The vignette that you portray is that of a man, sitting in front of his computer, privately rejoicing in the difficulties that his country now faces for his own titillation and gratification. It really does demonstrate a total lack of grace.

You dismissal of the 52% of the country who voted out as lacking in intelligence and being gullible is particularly grotesque. I agree that there will be some who voted out for the wrong reasons and will have been influenced by erroneous information. The same will be true for some of those who voted in, but I can assure you that there will be out voters who are far more intelligent than you or I.

Please, make you points in future, but try to do it with a little less hand-wringing relish and mean spiritedness.
So I should rejoice and meekly accept this result? no thank you, better that the Brexit camp start proving their case my friend.
So far there is little hope of that is there?
I don't rejoice in the state this foolish decision has placed the country in, Dismay is nearer the mark.
We didn't have any of these difficulties till you forced them on us did we?
Why on earth did you choose to do that?
Sovereignty? we never lost it
Inflluence? We had that and you've thrown it away
Friends: now we have a huge market no longer on our side
Prospects: they were good, can you say that now?
Free from the EU's mailign power?: it never existed did it? we only ever lost 2% of the votes and signed off all laws that we agree with them?
We paid too much: perhaps we did but lied as if we got no rebate.
Industrial prospects; we have no idea what they are do we?
Where was intelligence employed in making such a rash decision?
No Tillson you will have to do better than adopt a holier than though approach, such as Construct a positive plan to get us out of this mess.
So you don't like being reminded of the folly of what is going on?
How unfortunate for you.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I voted purely to regain control over our right to govern ourselves, something you have conveniently omitted from your post.
Not omitted it as I thought you knew the facts already, but since not I'll explain.
We have never lost the right to Govern ourselves as all EU laws were agreed by our Government, and they not only proposed many, but had the right to veto any they didn't like.
There you are now you know that our right to Govern ourselves was never challenged.
Now what do you say? deny it? fine, go and look up the EU constitution and how laws are made, bit late mind you should have done so before the referendum.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Time for me to listen to the wise words of Tillson (No , I am serious now)
He is right!
All will be well in the end
Boris the pillar of truth and wisdom will negotiate a great deal with the EU that achieved four things.
  1. We will victoriously declare we are back in the common market and paying our membership fees.
  2. We will no longer have to pay for Meps to represent us at great expense or have to worry about fighting for better deals and rebates
  3. The Europeans will be ecstatic that at last we have no say and must accept the rules
  4. We will be free to carry on Blaming the EU as we have no option than to submit to their tyranny.
You see? I can be very positive regarding the future when I try
Come on Brendan, that's worth two smiles surely? :D

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Time for me to listen to the wise words of Tillson (No , I am serious now)
He is right!
All will be well in the end
Boris the pillar of truth and wisdom will negotiate a great deal with the EU that achieved four things.
  1. We will victoriously declare we are back in the common market and paying our membership fees.
  2. We will no longer have to pay for Meps to represent us at great expense or have to worry about fighting for better deals and rebates
  3. The Europeans will be ecstatic that at last we have no say and must accept the rules
  4. We will be free to carry on Blaming the EU as we have no option than to submit to their tyranny.
You see? I can be very positive regarding the future when I try
Come on Brendan, that's worth two smiles surely? :D
You really are a sad little old man. I look at people like you and hope that I don't end up like that.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Not omitted it as I thought you knew the facts already, but since not I'll explain.
We have never lost the right to Govern ourselves as all EU laws were agreed by our Government, and they not only proposed many, but had the right to veto any they didn't like.
There you are now you know that our right to Govern ourselves was never challenged.
Now what do you say? deny it? fine, go and look up the EU constitution and how laws are made, bit late mind you should have done so before the referendum.
We were asked if we wanted to remain, we voted no, we will be leaving if the Government do the honourable thing and accept the wishes of the people.

EU laws will now only be acknowledged or accepted if the UK think they are in the interest of the UK - big difference.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We were asked if we wanted to remain, we voted no, we will be leaving if the Government do the honourable thing and accept the wishes of the people.

EU laws will now only be acknowledged or accepted if the UK think they are in the interest of the UK - big difference.
Do you realise what you just said? that the Government doesn't represent the people?
I totally and absolutely agree!
Just one problem, we don't usually rule by referendum, so after making the point plainly enough (agreed) but shooting yourself in the foot in the process, have you thought how we are going to keep telling the Government to govern in our name and not just go back to its old ways?
Already Boris is, as he has said backed off from promises and wants to be back in the market, and there's only one way to do that.
How are we going to make it work in between the five yearly general elections?
Your thoughts?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Well at least your football team did the decent thing and got out quickly... (someone had to make a bad football joke)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well at least your football team did the decent thing and got out quickly... (someone had to make a bad football joke)
As whatsisname said sadly on good morning britain.
I can't believe it , beaten by a team from a country with less population than Croydon! o_O

Reactions: robdon

Advertisers