Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No , its site that must be mad for allowing it. Poster made an excellent point. This thread has damaged the image of cycling ...its already in a poor place with Wiggins and Brailsford , this thread certainly has not helped...far from it. Its actually appalling, gives a terrible impression of cyclists, for the dozen or so that actually bother to read it...
Actually this thread is providing a useful area for debate, and even as an unfortunate spin off is amusing someone who's only interest seems to be to act as judge and jury as to how other people should behave, and think, without feeling any need to act with some regard to the rights of others to freely debate.
That by the way is you.
And now you are casting the net of your ire at sporting personalities as somehow justifying your nonsense?
Now you are insulting the sport of Cycling itself?
Here's a book for you

Come back after a year or so when you have read it

As an example of how far off the mark your so called facts are you state
"gives a terrible impression of cyclists, for the dozen or so that actually bother to read it."

They must be terribly keen to have viewed the thread 128,179 times!

And today we seem to have encountered a second specimen of the genus.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Sadly my brother in law was rushed into hospital yesterday with suspected Sepsis,needing urgent treatment.
He was rushed through A and E,immediate blood tests and onto a ward being pumped with antibiotics,all within one hour.
The doctor in A and E,the registrar,doctor and nurses on the ward,were all from India.....all on New Year's Eve....are we still keen to turn our backs on these highly capable and caring people?
He was looking a lot better today.
My sincerest best wishes for his rapid recovery, I have had this same situation happen to me when a Biopsy for Prostate Cancer went terribly wrong and I ended up in intensive care and was in Hospital for nine days.
The ironic thing is the assurance I was given before the procedure was that there were only serious side effects from the Biopsy in one in 15,000 cases.

• Informative
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I've understood you to already have a terrible impression of cyclists, posting as you've done that we must be mad to cycle in traffic. So it appears Admin are being consistent in aligning with what constitutes madness in your warped opinion.

In fact I'm rather proud of this thread that I started. It's given a voice to the remainers, revealed the considerable depth of political and international knowledge that some of them have, exposed the odd trolls, bigots and racists. All of this while breaking records by having well over four times the number of web pages of any thread in this site and generating substantial viewing traffic.

On this first of January I'd normally wish you a Happy New Pedelecing Year, but of course you don't and won't ride bicycles so you have no legitimate presence in this web site.
That isn't fair flecc he is keen on powering a submarine with an Ebike hub motor, so perhaps he is recreating the first Confederate Submarine "Hunley"
That was indeed powered by pedals? (Actually hand cranks) but that's being picky.

That would be the first Underwater Pedelec.:rolleyes:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I set up an off topic chat area visible only to signed in members on a forum of which I was administrator. It was much, MUCH worse than the brexit thread. Guess what? I never read that part of the forum!

hint... :rolleyes:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is utter Fantasy
"Theresa May has used her new year message to reassure those who voted for Britain to stay in the European Union that she will fight for their interests “around the negotiating table in Europe this year”.

That can only mean that Brexit is cancelled.But we know it isn't

That is clearly the first Lie of the New Year, for how can she possibly please both the leave and the remain camps?

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Are you mad? ;) That will never happen! Why? See below:

Replies:
Views:

Sites depend on advertising and advertising revenues depend of traffic. No other thread in here comes vaguely close to generating such traffic.
Well I'm blowed! I have often wondered why an eighty-year-old non-cyclist, living in a tiny one-bedroomed flat in the back-end of London, continues to hold stewardship of a forum dedicated to electrically assisted bicycles.

I think I now know the answer.

Mr. Flecchia, perhaps the time has arrived when you should declare your vested interest in the continued existence of this site.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Could you share that answer then 'Blew it'? I certainly don't understand why you have raised this and although I'm occasionally slow on the uptake, I suspect there are other readers of these pages who will be as intrigued as I am.

Tom
Perhaps it was intended to be humorous?

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Well I'm blowed! I have often wondered why an eighty-year-old non-cyclist, living in a tiny one-bedroomed flat in the back-end of London, continues to hold stewardship of a forum dedicated to electrically assisted bicycles.

Mr. Flecchia, perhaps the time has arrived when you should declare your vested interest in the continued existence of this site.
Nobody is perfect blew it. Flecc and I have disagreed and insulted one another but his intentions are honourable...I believe...We all need a bit of slack cutting now and again.
Seriously , happy and peaceful new year. Everybody.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

And yours for implying flecc "owns it" ?

• Agree

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Theresa May in her New Year speech has asked us to forget about the 52/48 vote,we should all now unite and grasp the opportunities that Brexit will offer.
I am happy to consider Brexit if only we are told what Brexit means and indicate what direction we should be looking to grasp these opportunities.
Happy New Year.
KudosDave

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

I have and have never had any vested interest in this pedelecs website.

I'm sure administrators Russell Scott or Helen will be happy to confirm that is the case.

In late 2006 after Russell, a pedelec commuter on an Ezee Torq, had just started this site, he invited me to join as a member. I did and also publicised the presence of his new site on my private non-commercial Giant Lafree support website. That still has a button connecting to here as you can see on this link.

But that was and is purely goodwill in the interests of e-biking. I only ever met Russell once, in 2007 at an e-bike show at New Milton in the New Forest. The nearest to any reward from pedelecs that I've received is that, in common with some other members, I have a pedelecs "jacket", but the pedelecs logo on mine says "Member number 1", since I was the first to join.

Your accusation shows a total misunderstanding of what I'm about. Money and property don't interest me as my home shows, I've helped other commercial interests in e-biking, both here and overseas,but have never asked for nor received any reward for doing so. You could for example ask David Miall of Wisper, now AMPS, whether I received anything for the past help I've given. Similarly you could ask Tim or Scott Snaith of 50 cycles likewise. Or Wai Won Ching of Ezee Kinetics who I tested a battery for long term. That was due to go back at the end of the term, but he left it with me, though since it was nearly spent that wasn't much reward.

And I don't know where you get non-cyclist from? Though not all years, I've cycled through much of my life, even doing that during my six years of army service which hardly any soldiers did. I haven't renewed my e-bike battery now so don't ride it any more, but that's as much due to lack of time as anything else, other interests that involve much walking fully occupying me.

For example on the following link you can see the project in my local nature reserve which has been occupying me during this last quarter. As you scroll down you'll see my name repeatedly on all the work reports, all of it voluntary work, as is my work on the Natural History Museum website and other natural history sites and physical functions.

FSW Projects

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here's a little something that appeared in Both the Sun and the Daily Mail. much of it word for word.
The Sun had it as a leader on the Front page!

Welcome to the UK’s Capital of Culture: Hull descends into drunken carnage just hours before it marked its new status as Britain’s ‘art city’
Hull was filled with drunken revellers falling about and flashing their underwear
Party-goers sparked New Year chaos in scenes that overshadowed celebrations

And here are two reader comments from people who were actually there.

What a pack of lies from the Mail - always ready, as usual, to destroy anything that looks as if it might be at all positive. I was actually there yesterday (unlike any of your reporters, clearly), for several hours, with the rest of the family, enjoying the city, everything it has to offer, and the incredible fireworks display (better than London's in fact). We walked around the whole city in total safety (compare that with London!) and encountered nothing whatever to confirm one single negative comment in your entire fictional story aimed at creating a bad impression. There's more of this behaviour in Tunbridge Wells than there is in Hull!
0 incidents, 0 arrests as reported by Humberside Police. Pathetic journalism.

Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Express printed this
"
'Bow down to Britain' Iain Duncan Smith warns EU over Brexit negotiations
IAIN DUNCAN SMITH has insisted the EU will bow down to the UK during Brexit negotiations, calling any possible “kick at the UK” from within Europe “a kick at themselves”.

My god! I find myself sticking up for IDS, as he never said that at all, his comments were much more measured and contained no warnings whatsoever, nor did he say the EU would bow down to the EU, he acttully said they and we would come to an agreement.

The Murdoch Press is a liability to us all.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here's a little something that appeared in Both the Sun and the Daily Mail. much of it word for word.
The Sun had it as a leader on the Front page!

Welcome to the UK’s Capital of Culture: Hull descends into drunken carnage just hours before it marked its new status as Britain’s ‘art city’
Hull was filled with drunken revellers falling about and flashing their underwear
Party-goers sparked New Year chaos in scenes that overshadowed celebrations

And here are two reader comments from people who were actually there.

What a pack of lies from the Mail - always ready, as usual, to destroy anything that looks as if it might be at all positive. I was actually there yesterday (unlike any of your reporters, clearly), for several hours, with the rest of the family, enjoying the city, everything it has to offer, and the incredible fireworks display (better than London's in fact). We walked around the whole city in total safety (compare that with London!) and encountered nothing whatever to confirm one single negative comment in your entire fictional story aimed at creating a bad impression. There's more of this behaviour in Tunbridge Wells than there is in Hull!
0 incidents, 0 arrests as reported by Humberside Police. Pathetic journalism.
And this is how it was reported in the Hull Daily Mail
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sun-s-scrapital-of-culture-aims-cheap-shot-at-hull-as-2017-launches/story-30024623-detail/story.html

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And now for something unexpected in the Daily Mirror
"
Orkney Islands considering break from UK and Scotland to become independent after Brexit
The Scottish islanders backed staying in UK and European Union and are now looking into the option of exercising 'self-determination'

Advertisers