Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Apologies! this confused me

"Doubtful. You cant educate pork."

I didn't realise you were making a Pig of yourself!
Silly me!

Please feel free to do so whenever the urge comes on:D
(But perhaps a little prior warning wouldn't go amiss!)
Its called self deprecation OG, a new concept for you perhaps. You should try it sometime...but dont over do it, you,ll end up like Tom...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
European Parliament President Antonio Tajani has once again demonstrated thinking in Brussels, insisting that the European Union needs to double its budget to €280 billion a year with the introduction of EU taxes so that the bloc has its “own resources”.

He has said: “We need…€280 billion instead of €140 billion a year.”

“This will require new EU own resources, such as a financial transaction tax on stock exchanges.”

It comes as the European Union continues to push for increasing military capability, sure to cost plenty of money.

With such lofty fiscal ambitions, it is clearer now why the EU are so keen to milk the British cash cow on the way out.

Looks like our resident old codgers will be checking down the sofa now.. lol!

Greece, Portugal, Spain and R.O.I. must be thrilled at the news :D

btw who divvys up in place of the UK`s contribution when we leave?

They are doing nothing of the sort, just asking for the Money we have already agreed to pay, don't you pay any attention to what is going on?

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Its called self deprecation OG, a new concept for you perhaps. You should try it sometime...but dont over do it, you,ll end up like Tom...
Since this is the meaning of deprecation

"In general English usage, the infinitive "to deprecate" means "to express disapproval of (something)". It derives from the Latin verb deprecare, meaning "to ward off (a disaster) by prayer""
Imposter Syndrome | Social Anxiety

SELF-DEPRECATION is one of seven basic character flaws or “dark” personality traits. We all have the potential for some self-doubt and social anxiety, but in people with a deep sense of personal inadequacy, Self-Deprecation can become a dominant pattern.

I don't think I'll bother, but I can see why you would find the idea attractive.
Since I can do this for you, why not leave it in my expert hands?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Then why did you vote for the Conservatives? strange thing to do if you feel that way.
Wow - with this you have, as far as I am concerned, completely turned Liberal and Conservative principles on their head. Let me qualify that, and on this we might just agree: I sincerely believe in local government and do believe that National government should be light touch and more or less confined to national matters, defence, transport and the like.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Wow - with this you have, as far as I am concerned, completely turned Liberal and Conservative principles on their head.
Conservatives have principles? My goodness" when did that revolution take place, I just saw them as a sort of home grown branch of the Mafia.
Do tell me about these "Principles"

Reactions: oldtom

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
The first one seems to indicate £10B p.a. so where does £60B come from - we need to know! In fact whilst agreeing that we should, indeed must, pay our dues/commitments they do need to be spelt out. No doubt they are haggling over just that at the moment, and I'm not convinced the EU are playing totally fair - doubt we are either...

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Wow - with this you have, as far as I am concerned, completely turned Liberal and Conservative principles on their head. Let me qualify that, and on this we might just agree: I sincerely believe in local government and do believe that National government should be light touch and more or less confined to national matters, defence, transport and the like.
And no doubt you want these things too
The national Government shouldnt
Cut back on The Armed Forces
Wage wars to suit the Americans
Cut the Coastguard so our shores are unprotected
Not rob the poor to enrich the Elite and cover up the swindles of the Bankers
Not have Crown Territories used as Money Laundering centres?
And Not have the most intensive surveillance on the public on the Planet?
Plus a Gestapo trying to prevent the deserving and ill being paid their benefits?
And shouldn't n't perecute the out of work into none jobs to keep the costs down
And doesn't cut funds to the NHS, Defence and Infrastructure?

My goodness you have backed the wrong horse haven't you?
What the heck does this Government actually do except get us into this nightmare Brexit senario because they fight among themselves like Rats in a sack?
Meanwhile the country is not being run by anybody is it?
If we locked them out of the HOC we would probably get along better without them.
It staggers me that you an come out with the absolute nonsense about Conservatism as you do.
Lets put it simply
It's a Curse

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
LOL!!!

I think it`s best to give the ole groaner a fools pardon in this instance!!

Nothing there to back up your assertion i`m afraid,

but do try again, you maybe have an outdated version of Google? :)
Tommie if any fools pardon is due, it's to you.
The amount is debatable but the Debt is not, is it?
And do lay off the smart alec comments, we have experts at doing that on here, and an amateur isn't needed.

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
European Parliament President Antonio Tajani has once again demonstrated thinking in Brussels, insisting that the European Union needs to double its budget to €280 billion a year with the introduction of EU taxes so that the bloc has its “own resources”.

“This will require new EU own resources, such as a financial transaction tax on stock exchanges.”

It comes as the European Union continues to push for increasing military capability, sure to cost plenty of money.

With such lofty fiscal ambitions, it is clearer now why the EU are so keen to milk the British cash cow on the way out.

THE DUP

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Tommie if any fools pardon is due, it's to you.
The amount is debatable but the Debt is not, is it?
And do lay off the smart alec comments, we have experts at doing that on here, and an amateur isn't needed.
cut to the chase here and stop babbling on, you couldn`t find what you were looking for on Google,.... right

so wind yer neck in and get yer facts right in future!

got it?

Good.....

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Goodness me..6000 plus assessments with emojies and Robdon posts a single word..I suppose its a start.. Nice to see you post Robdon..( apologies 2 words)

You do seem in rather a worse mood lately OG..Hope you are ok...you,d normally admire my self deprecation.. not to worry..
Dont abuse it.

Last edited:

Advertisers