Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
More Comedy from the Express
"
BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Britain can expect £135 BILLION windfall after EU divorce, experts say
BRITAIN can look forward to a post-Brexit windfall worth a staggering £135billion after leaving the European Union, according to a new report.
The Economists for Free Trade (EFT) group said Brexit will be "overwhelmingly positive" for the British economy provided the Government adopts the right policies.

The findings are sharply at odds with most mainstream economists who have warned the UK faces lower growth and more pressure on the public finances as a result of the vote to leave.

But at the report's launch on Tuesday, the pro-Brexit Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg will say official forecasts are based on "false assumptions" of the Treasury and that the outlook for the public finances is "much better" than the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) is predicting.

One problem with this apparently wonderful news
The Economists for Free Trade (EFT) group said Brexit will be "overwhelmingly positive" for the British economy provided the Government adopts the right policies.

The findings are sharply at odds with most mainstream economists who have warned the UK faces lower growth and more pressure on the public finances as a result of the vote to leave.

But at the report's launch on Tuesday, the pro-Brexit Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg will say official forecasts are based on "false assumptions" of the Treasury and that the outlook for the public finances is "much better" than the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) is predicting.

The EFT - headed by Professor Patrick Minford

Which rather puts it in the category of Fiction of the worst sort
And you have to wonder why the Treasury who should after all be the Experts in this matter should be criticised in the following fashion
"

These Conservative controlled Government Departments are according to Jackass amateurs?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And something from the Daily Mail

And then no doubt the Shareholders put their Dividends in offshore havens too.
And this country doesn't rig everything to Favour the rich?
And we once owned these utilities till the Government sold them off!
No wonder they backed Brexit before the EU smoked them out!

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: Zlatan and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Guardian"
One in five European NHS doctors plans to quit UK, survey reveals
BMA report raises fears of Brexit medical brain drain as half of European Economic Area medics also consider leaving"
In September NHS figures showed that more than 10,000 staff from EU countries had quit since the Brexit vote. And the number of EU nurses coming to Britain has dropped by 89% in the last year, Nursing and Midwifery Council figures released this month showed.

And this
"
John Redwood criticised over advice to pull money out of UK
Labour criticises Eurosceptic MP for telling investors to ‘look further afield’ because of the state of the UK economy

Follow the Money...

• Dislike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
this government is more interested in its internal fight than negotiating with the EU. It is paralysed, unable to make up its mind what future it is looking for. Soon, sometime around March, it will be forced into accepting what the EU is willing to offer: a Canada CETA type deal, no tariff for manufactured goods and agricultural and fishery products which will aggravate even further the current trade imbalance with the EU, does nothing to stop the flight of FDI from the UK to the Eurozone, the city of London will get nothing significant in return.
Talking about own goal.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
this government is more interested in its internal fight than negotiating with the EU. It is paralysed, unable to make up its mind what future it is looking for. Soon, sometime around March, it will be forced into accepting what the EU is willing to offer: a Canada CETA type deal, no tariff for manufactured goods and agricultural and fishery products which will aggravate even further the current trade imbalance with the EU, does nothing to stop the flight of FDI from the UK to the Eurozone, the city of London will get nothing significant in return.
Talking about own goal.
I fear you are correct on all points there Woosh!

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer

'Adopts the right policies'....eh! That would be a whole new venture for a tory government so it must fall into the category of 'fake news', aka a lie since it has been promulgated by a creature completely devoid of empathy for the common man.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
And something from the Daily Mail

And then no doubt the Shareholders put their Dividends in offshore havens too.
And this country doesn't rig everything to Favour the rich?
And we once owned these utilities till the Government sold them off!
No wonder they backed Brexit before the EU smoked them out!
There are two ways to prevent this kind of behaviour in the future: The first is to identify the people responsible and put them in jail till they are old and infirm, as a warning to others. The second, more cost efficient remedy, would be to line them up against a wall and shoot them.

These methods have proven very effective in the past and the proof is there in Russia, as no-one has applied for the job of Tsar since 1917. Ahem!

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
One in five European NHS doctors plans to quit UK, survey reveals
BMA report raises fears of Brexit medical brain drain as half of European Economic Area medics also consider leaving"
In September NHS figures showed that more than 10,000 staff from EU countries had quit since the Brexit vote. And the number of EU nurses coming to Britain has dropped by 89% in the last year, Nursing and Midwifery Council figures released this month showed.
What? Just when I'm embarking on a new round of investigative procedures and bits of surgery by the body mechanics......how long will I have to wait to be seen?...... and have you seen how much they charge to park your car in some of these hospital car parks!

Tom

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
John Redwood criticised over advice to pull money out of UK
It's one thing to be grateful for a few crumbs off the master's table but when the master has sold the table.....along with the roof and doors, leaving just a shell; terminated the kitchen staff's zero hours contracts and now eats out every day with friends, I think I'm going to have a cold, miserable winter down at the soup kitchen.

Perhaps Israel and the USA will send aid soon.

Tom

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Keep your chin up OG. I have considerable experience in what you are going through at the present time and you have my sympathy. Tomorrow, I begin another gruelling saga of hospital appointments, scans, cancelled appts, repeated tests, scans, interspersed with consultants' appointments.....I'm sure you know the drill!

If you're only a little fazed, then you must have an incredibly strong constitution! Bless you mate.

Tom
Thanks Tom

• Agree
  • Dislike

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Thank you for asking, this is a difficult time, my Wife had a CT scan on 2nd August, after a four month wait, suffering Cluster headaches and attended an appointment with a Neurologist last Tuesday, a letter was supposed to be sent to our GP, so this morning I went in to organise an appointment for a new Medications Regime to be told that not only has the letter not arrived, even though the place we attended the appointment was only three miles away, it could take up to three weeks to arrive!
And so far they had not even received the CT scan. At least at my insistence they downloaded that from the Hospital Website.
I asked why In these days of electronic communications could they not communicate and was told they are on different systems.
Good God!
Is this a world record, a letter takes a week to travel one mile?
Sorry if I seem a little fazed, I shall try not to be...
good luck, I wish you all the best, the nhs is in an increasingly worrying state at the moment, it can feel a matter of surviving it rather than being helped by it (I have a struggle with long term health issues too and am beginning to conclude I have to take care of things myself)

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ok 'Danidl', clearly you are saying that Kerr is wrong. I listened to every word of his speech and A50 apparently requires no action on the part of the 27. If a country decides to abort a stated intention to secede, it seems that is the end of it.

Tom
We, the learned Lord, and this bumbling fool must agree to disagree... As I read it the text is clear. I see no conditions in it.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
good luck, I wish you all the best, the nhs is in an increasingly worrying state at the moment, it can feel a matter of surviving it rather than being helped by it (I have a struggle with long term health issues too and am beginning to conclude I have to take care of things myself)
thank you fo your kind thoughts!

• Agree
  • Dislike

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
With all these sexual harassment allegations emerging, almost on a daily basis, concerning powerful figures in the media and in government, perhaps it's time to introduce some guidance for MPs and indeed all males where they necessarily have to intermingle with the female gender.

This old film clip might be a good start:
Tom

• :D
Reactions: Wicky and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
With all these sexual harassment allegations emerging, almost on a daily basis, concerning powerful figures in the media and in government, perhaps it's time to introduce some guidance for MPs and indeed all males where they necessarily have to intermingle with the female gender.

This old film clip might be a good start:
Tom
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse I see that Boris is going to Moscow
May I wish you all the best of luck?
It was nice knowing you.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
What? Just when I'm embarking on a new round of investigative procedures and bits of surgery by the body mechanics......how long will I have to wait to be seen?...... and have you seen how much they charge to park your car in some of these hospital car parks!

Tom
At last something we can agree on,

had to take the wife to our local A&E, suspected poisoning in the knee joint, fobbed off by a junior doctor at our local surgery who hadn`t `seen this` condition before. Spent over 5 grueling hours sitting around with 40 others, many in obvious pain, waiting on blood test results

There must be a better way than this??! Whatever happened to the old NHS?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
At last something we can agree on,

had to take the wife to our local A&E, suspected poisoning in the knee joint, fobbed off by a junior doctor at our local surgery who hadn`t `seen this` condition before. Spent over 5 grueling hours sitting around with 40 others, many in obvious pain, waiting on blood test results

There must be a better way than this??! Whatever happened to the old NHS?
Politicians I believe!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Agree
  • Dislike

Advertisers