Brexit, for once some facts.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
See my links above which don't show what this Raven le Maven is claiming (unsourced screenshots), also what leads me to doubt them is they have a screenshot of an info pane on a .rtf file on their mac computer showing creation time / modication time and claiming it is somehow related to domain registration ?!?.

All very conspiracy theory and doubtful - when the info is easily checked (see above)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
By what measure can not having a referendum be a good idea?
May has reverted to repetitious soundbite politics in the hope that somebody might believe her.

Meanwhile, as many people feared, the whole 'Brexit' charade might bring ridicule on the UK and its incompetent government. It seems that over last weekend, that was amply demonstrated on American TV so yes, it's official now - the UK is a laughing stock among other nations:

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2018/12/16/after-theresa-mays-begging-bowl-tour-of-europe-the-world-is-laughing-at-her/?fbclid=IwAR3EOC0TKntS1NICQfP2dwy6xPEStNtPKl4c5tExHyWYTYMXd8IBIiK86Lc

Tom

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
See my links above which don't show what this Raven le Maven is claiming (unsourced screenshots), also what leads me to doubt them is they have a screenshot of an info pane on a .rtf file on their mac computer showing creation time / modication time and claiming it is somehow related to domain registration ?!?.

All very conspiracy theory and doubtful - when the info is easily checked (see above)
As you say no wonder finding out the truth is so difficult when there are lots of fake conspiracies about as well.

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
In France, the poor have protested against being robbed by the rich while in the UK, the poor have been conned into supporting the rich in their ambition to subjugate further the lower classes for their own personal wealth expansion purposes.

Fortunately, not all the poor of the UK are so gullible that the con-trick became universally accepted and that is why the government of multi-millionaires is struggling to survive in the face of the opposition from decent people.

While the UK is laughed at today around the world, especially in the USA, a country that many UK multi-millionaires would love to see as an even closer 'friend', it is worth remembering the wise words of one of the smartest Americans to ever gain international recognition:

48395882_941291296070912_9098891437801472000_n.jpg

The British poor have much to learn from history!

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
This summary depicts exactly where we are today on the path towards economic and social devastation brought upon the nation by mega-rich charlatans and their low-intellect supporters:

Theresa May’s key message now is not ‘back my deal’ but ‘don’t back a Peoples’ Vote’.

Things are changing.

Tom

• Agree

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
5B0B94A6-F067-4ADA-9476-AF9F18B4B2BB.jpg

https://uokhun.uk/2018/12/16/tim-martin-a-pair-of-feckin-womens-knickers/

The owner of Wetherspoons Tim Martin launched into a bizarre tirade during a televised Brexit debate today when he just blurted out, ‘A pair of feckin’ women’s knickers’ when asked about what the Brexit Dividend will be.

When questioned about this further, he said, ‘Knickers.’

After a brief pause, he added, ‘Women’s knickers.’

Host David Dimbleby then demanded an apology, and he said, ‘I’m so … so … sorry.’

When asked what he thought about the benefits of WTO rules, he replied, ‘That would be an ecumenical matter.’

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
View attachment 28163

https://uokhun.uk/2018/12/16/tim-martin-a-pair-of-feckin-womens-knickers/

The owner of Wetherspoons Tim Martin launched into a bizarre tirade during a televised Brexit debate today when he just blurted out, ‘A pair of feckin’ women’s knickers’ when asked about what the Brexit Dividend will be.

When questioned about this further, he said, ‘Knickers.’

After a brief pause, he added, ‘Women’s knickers.’

Host David Dimbleby then demanded an apology, and he said, ‘I’m so … so … sorry.’

When asked what he thought about the benefits of WTO rules, he replied, ‘That would be an ecumenical matter.’
Yet another example of how Brexit supporters are losing it as the truth dawns of how fundamentally bad Brexit is and always has been. This is also very evident in this thread as Brexiters get ever more rattled by events.

But they'd rather destroy this country's future and their children's future than admit they are wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Yet another example of how Brexit supporters are losing it as the truth dawns of how fundamentally bad Brexit is and always has been. This is also very evident in this thread as Brexiters get ever more rattled by events.

But they'd rather destroy this country's future and their children's future than admit they are wrong.

It’s not real snowflecc. It’s a rather poor joke. Although the picture is amusing.

I actually think it’s cruel what the media is doing to you guys. It amounts to mental torture I think and it’s not fair.

There isn’t going to be a a second referendum but just to sell a few extra papers they play with your hopes and dreams.

I would remember who these papers and media outlets are and boycott them if I were you.

Keep your dignity.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
In France, the poor have protested against being robbed by the rich while in the UK, the poor have been conned into supporting the rich in their ambition to subjugate further the lower classes for their own personal wealth expansion purposes.

Fortunately, not all the poor of the UK are so gullible that the con-trick became universally accepted and that is why the government of multi-millionaires is struggling to survive in the face of the opposition from decent people.

While the UK is laughed at today around the world, especially in the USA, a country that many UK multi-millionaires would love to see as an even closer 'friend', it is worth remembering the wise words of one of the smartest Americans to ever gain international recognition:

View attachment 28160

The British poor have much to learn from history!

Tom

More lies.

We held a referendum. Your side lost. Lying about it says more about you than anything else.

You are a serial liar.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There isn’t going to be a a second referendum but just to sell a few extra papers they play with your hopes and dreams.
Wrong again, you really make a habit of it.

The last time I read a newspaper was in 1972, having abandoned them through being sick of their distorting agendas. Even that was an evening paper, I'd abandoned the dailys three years earlier.

You cannot say there wont be a referendum since, as you posted yourself, we can't know the future. Or were you wrong on that too?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Boris getting rightly criticised re garden bridge.

Gross was critical of the charity’s trustees and Boris Johnson, who as London mayor was supportive of the garden bridge. Johnson has struggled to defend decisions he made, which critics say contributed to the scale of public losses.

“Boris has got a big mouth but he doesn’t deliver,” Gross said. “There should be a parliamentary inquiry and a criminal inquiry as well – the amount of money lost demands it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/17/garden-bridge-donors-sue-failed-london-scheme

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
We ALL lost. Even if there were a sudden turnaround and we remain, even if very well-supported in doing so, we have overall already lost a huge amount that cannot readily be recouped.

I don’t accept that. Obviously, because in a referendum one side wins and one loses.

And anyway it’s only money. We can print more of that easily.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Wrong again, you really make a habit of it.

The last time I read a newspaper was in 1972, having abandoned them through being sick of their distorting agendas. Even that was an evening paper, I'd abandoned the dailys three years earlier.

You cannot say there wont be a referendum since, as you posted yourself, we can't know the future. Or were you wrong on that too?

You are very easily influenced flex. It’s obvious by what you post. We all are tbh.

And you’re right no one can predict the future anything could happen. Including aliens. But a second referendum would shatter this country. The Scots nats would scream for a second referendum and they would get it and they may well win. That would make Brexit seem fun.

It can’t happen so it won’t happen. With the caveat of Aliens etc.

Advertisers