Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Yes!. Don't take my word for it. There were other bits added about being outside NATO, that the RN shipyards and submarine bases would have to close and come south, and they would be thrown out of the sterling area.

Other bits! Lol! That is priceless. Proper made me chuckle.

How blinded by the EU are you?

Other bits.....

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Could May be influenced by USA? The HoC is darned near shut down - though the USA version is based on no funding of actual services.

Donald Trump has said he’ll shut down the government if Democrats won’t agree to $5bn to pay for his proposed border wall.
Does make one wonder exactly what they did before we had brexit to argue about...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As Corbyn initiated a No Confidence vote or not. BBC said he had, reports on Web suggest he has withdrawn it??
Come on flecc... Pop round and ask them what's going on. Corbyn said he was initiating a NC vote but will he have time before 14th Jan..??
He's just being consistent.

Neither declaring a Remainer or Leaver.

Neither declaring pro EU or anti EU.

Neither accepting or rejecting the full text of the UN description of anti-semitism.

Neither bringing or not bringing a vote of no confidence.

So everyone can support him according to what they think he represents.

i.e. He's a politician.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
There's a super quote from JRM on that Sky News page in which he expresses his regained confidence in May. That's the political equivalent of a major football club chairman giving the manager a vote of confidence even though the team has been in the bottom three in the league for the last 10 games - they usually don't last more than a month after that!

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
There's a super quote from JRM on that Sky News page in which he expresses his regained confidence in May. That's the political equivalent of a major football club chairman giving the manager a vote of confidence even though the team has been in the bottom three in the league for the last 10 games - they usually don't last more than a month after that!

Tom

No it’s not. That’s a terrible analogy.

A very silly comment.

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Does make one wonder exactly what they did before we had brexit to argue about...
If you mean MPs, well they had expense claims to fill out. Then they had to ensure they received the money and kept it out of sight of HMRC. Then they had to spend some of it, takes time, since paying the mistress has to be kept from the missus.
Then in the little time left they popped into the House of Commons to say "Aye" to EU measures being read into law each week and the lobbying for interests who were slipping them cash on the side.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Other bits! Lol! That is priceless. Proper made me chuckle.

How blinded by the EU are you?

Other bits.....
I did suggest not to take my word for it... Read any of the newspaper articles of the time. But it was widely acknowledged that the killer punch was the threat of no EU access.

Oh and welcome back Tommie!.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I did suggest not to take my word for it... Read any of the newspaper articles of the time. But it was widely acknowledged that the killer punch was the threat of no EU access.

Oh and welcome back Tommie!.
Confirmation bias is strong in this one.

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Perhaps you will be happy to see the union break up?

Not particularly happy to see the Union break up, but having come to the inescapable conclusion that the Westminster government is incurably incompetent, it is difficult to believe that a progressive Scottish government, of whatever colour, would not make a better job of governing an independent Scotland

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Evenin` Loooosers :)

What a bitter and increasingly rancorous little cabal you`ve all become, .... heh - heh -heh..

do i detect the smell of fear and panic as we head towards the possibility of a `No Deal` ?!!

Anyhow as an aside and somewhat brexit related may i encourage you all to register here

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

as it`s the season of `goodwill to all men` i`ve made a gesture of already registering OT, OG and Nobdon the keyboardless one, (yes, i`m all heart)

sorry Dan, no foreigners can register, UK only

Have a Nice Day Y`all ;)

• Offensive Language
Reactions: oldtom and Fingers

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Evenin` Loooosers :)

What a bitter and increasingly rancorous little cabal you`ve all become, .... heh - heh -heh..

do i detect the smell of fear and panic as we head towards the possibility of a `No Deal` ?!!

Anyhow as an aside and somewhat brexit related may i encourage you all to register here

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

as it`s the season of `goodwill to all men` i`ve made a gesture of already registering OT, OG and Nobdon the keyboardless one, (yes, i`m all heart)

sorry Dan, no foreigners can register, UK only

Have a Nice Day Y`all ;)

Very thoughtful Tommie.

I hope your kindness rubs off on this motley crew of deniers and a liar.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You really are confused. There isn't a single remainer here who considers that a possibility now, nor does parliament.

The trend is inexorably towards the possibility of a final referendum on the deal on offer, something that really scares the Brexiters as they see their dream receding still further than it already has.

So it's a referendum, May's deal or Norway plus, both the latter being BRINO with losses.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Neither accepting or rejecting the full text of the UN description of anti-semitism.

Neither bringing or not bringing a vote of no confidence.View attachment 28176

i.e. He's a politician.
That might be your take on it flecc..
View attachment 28176

Does anyone actually think any of them have a fecking clue what they are doing..

Attachments

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Neither bringing or not bringing a vote of no confidence.View attachment 28176

i.e. He's a politician.
That might be your take on it flecc..

IMG_20181217_200122.jpg
Does anyone actually think any of them have a fecking clue what they are doing..

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/trade-brexit-gravity/

A really good article. To summarise (read it to the end)...
Trading with distant emerging markets will not replace lost markers within EU but with massive changes in transport /delivery etc the efficiency losses will not be as detrimental assumed in past. (difficulties in trade have historically followed very similar relationship to that within gravity and massive bodies, but read article for better explanation)
Basically the losses in markets associated with Brexit by remainers will NOT be as detrimental as they assume, but like wise, they will not be as easy as many leavers assume. As normal the "truth" is somewhere between the two camps..
Having read article it does assume trading with geographically close and culturally similar is easier... to be fair that has not been my general experience.. But perhaps its the exception that proves the rule and I, m sure OG would argue problems I have faced (in Spain, France Greece) are more my doing than theirs.
Our project in BVI was up and running with fewer rules, problems etc than those in med. (Pre hurricanes) So far so good re Goa and off on another inspection/recce to Langebaan 14th Jan..
Having said all that firm I used to work for owned 10% of all yachts in med... They won't be bothering with Goa, Langebaan and such but have massive presence in Carribean. But there is little prospect of massive growth in med... Which is sort of a problem for my current industry. ( med growth is all around massive yachts, elsewhere its about getting bigger numbers involved) Does that say something generally about EU? (to be fair Europe)
India will soon have a richer / bigger middle class than UK...
The article doesn't really look into speficics. Its quite possible in some instances the only potential for new trade is outside EU... ( Try taking a yacht out in Port Grimaud/St Maxine /St Tropez this August, you can walk a cross bay, its already packed)
None of it is as simple as either side make out. I do think the deliberating is more danaging than staying or leaving.
Fingers and 02 James..
Leavers posting on here is like a Utd fan posting on a Liverpool forum. You are wasting your time. You can't educate pork but good luck trying...
Perhaps your odd attitude rather reinforces your point that you can't educate pork?
Your post gives a good indication that you are in fact totally disconnected with the general public , employed as you are , conning the rich with expensive toys they pay to loan so they can pose and boast about.
Not hard to see what side your bread is buttered is it?

And I recall earlier on you saying that Brexit gave the opportunities to do some "neat deals"

What you do for a living is actually of no social value whatsoever is it? you just rob the rich and really contribute very little to society it cannot do without.
You can't run a country on the basis of a boat rental business, you need people who actually produce something that profits the country , not just themselves.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Tom
Corporal Jones to Captain Manwaring
"I want you to know Sir I have every faith in you!"
Captain Manwaring
"Thank you!"
Corporal Jones
"Even if nobody else has!"

Advertisers