Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What is it that you think that an isolated & lone U.K. has to offer the world? What do we have that is going to generate trade and wealth? If a hard Brexit happens, who has proven themselves capable of turning things around and leading us towards better times?

No one ever answers these questions and there is a very good reason for it, no one has the foggiest idea. To base the future on such flimsy faith is beyond reckless.
To make Brexit a success is the equivalent of expecting the rats to sail the ship of state after the crew raided the liquour cabinet and the strong box and went over the side
Which is the clear intent of the leave campaigners.
When they have got their loot it's somebody elses problem
Farage said it himself
"If Brexit isn't a success, I'll go and live in another country"
Note the lack of offering his help with the project!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
No, not for one, minute would I claim all remain supporters, nor all non-tories, are squeaky clean. Of course, "innocent until proved guilty", but...

MP Owen Paterson lobbied government for firm he worked for
Former environment secretary faces possibility he may have broken parliamentary rules
A former cabinet minister helped to lobby the government to seek contracts for a multinational firm he is paid to advise.

Owen Paterson, a former environment secretary and leading pro-Brexit campaigner, is paid nearly £100,000 a year by Randox, a private forensic testing firm, to act as a consultant.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/07/mp-owen-paterson-lobbied-government-for-firm-he-worked-for

I wonder who will test for his DNA. ;)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Have you been to London recently?

If Brexit fails then we win. So much property is owned by the world.

We just reboot.

We are in a win win state.

We are one of the cleverest nations in the world.

Have faith brother.
This line in particular
"We are one of the cleverest nations in the world."
Rather typifies the leaver mindset.
Implying as it does the notion
"Somebody else will save the day
but it's no good looking at me guv"
Here's some news for you fingers
The clever ones don't want Brexit

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Have you been to London recently?

If Brexit fails then we win. So much property is owned by the world.

We just reboot.

We are in a win win state.

We are one of the cleverest nations in the world.

Have faith brother.
Just picking the bones out of this we have:

1) A lot of property, which is owned by foreign investors.

2) We just re-booot. (I have no idea what that means)

3)We are clever. (Not seen much evidence over the last 3 years).

4) We must have blind faith.

Fingers, you know 1 to 4 equates to FA and FA is what we have. Brexit will therefore lead to FA.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Let’s hope that TM gets sensible at the eleventh hour and revokes Art 50.
I have just read that milk producers on April 13 will not legally be able to ship milk from the U.K. to EU,this is particularly critical at the N.Ireland to Eire border, this will send farmers bust over night....is that true?
KudosDave

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I'd hate to be such a worrier.

Everything is fine. It's just a news cycle.

If it's not brexit then it's ISIS. If it's not ISIS it's saddam.

Relax.

We got this.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
That’s a very valid point and it’s one which needs addressing.

Imagine after the race it was discovered that the organisers were monumental idiots incapable of organising the most simple and basic events. The race stewards were also discovered to be incompetent and had made false claims regarding how the race was run. Due to the steward’s incompetence and a complete cock-up on the start line, the horse that won set of a full minute before the rest of the field. To make matters worse, some of the stewards had backed the winning horse and made a nice little earner!

The above, describes the Brexit process so far, and there is irrefutable evidence to back up that statement.

So in answer to your question, if the Grand National had been run in a similar manner to Brexit, it would be entirely appropriate to re run it on 27 April. In fact, during the history of the race, I believe there have been instances of it being abandoned and re run again. As should the Brexit vote.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Express
"
BRING IT ON!’ Nigel Farage vows ‘big shock’ for Tories in EU election after Brexit ‘lies’
NIGEL FARAGE warned Tories are in “for a big shock” in the upcoming EU elections if the UK is forced to take part in the vote due to a long Brexit delay.

Brexit lies? well he is the acknowledged master of those!

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If it's not brexit then it's ISIS. If it's not ISIS it's saddam.

Relax. We got this.
The James Callaghan approach, though you may be too young, Fingers, to appreciate the below, so more for OG and my generation with good memories.

I can just imagine Callaghan stepping off a plane and saying:

"ISIS. What ISIS?

• Agree

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
The James Callaghan approach, though you may be too young, Fingers, to appreciate the below, so more for OG and my generation with good memories.

I can just imagine Callaghan stepping off a plane and saying:

"ISIS. What ISIS?
Of course he never did step off a plane and say "Crisis, what crisis?"
It was that erstwhile news organ "The Sun" that came up with that line.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This might be of interest, a Radio 4 program in the series The Briefing Room, titled "Britain's Future".

A sobering listen for those who still think Brexit and No Deal are good ideas:

I-player link

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This might be of interest, a Radio 4 program in the series The Briefing Room, titled "Britain's Future".

A sobering listen for those who still think Brexit and No Deal are good ideas:

I-player link
that program contains too many long words like 'rule based economy', 'regulatory alignment', 'economic growth', 'economy of the future', 'technology space' etc which do not mean much the the average person in the street.
To win the brexiters over, I think a direct experience is worth a thousand words.

Advertisers