Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I exist for the moment, and not too much longer.

And as for 2), as well as the occasional error I post inaccurate information in here at times deliberately.

As for example when I expressed the oft used water analogy to explain something electrical to a member who admitted to being a complete dunce in the subject. A scientist member immediately posted that the analogy was inaccurate which of course I knew. What he didn't appreciate that being somewhat wrong was to serve a purpose to give someone sufficient information to understand within their abilities.

And Danidl's mention of vinyl above is another example of my being wrong, in that case technically by saying vinyl was superior to digital CDs. Of course the CD is technically more accurate. What Danidl and many like him cannot grasp is that the aurally received music from vinyl can be superior to those who can hear that superiority. I'm genuinely sorry that they cannot hear that, since they are missing something in life.
The vinyl dig was in jest!. There is another site where I attack the pretensions of audiophiles. I fully respect the right of others to enjoy any music they like, and to embellish it in any way they like.

Reactions: robdon and flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I have a partial eidetic memory, often useful but can cause huge embarassment to others.

Thats one way of spelling Asspergers I spose.

You could use that affliction for the betterment of your life.

Oh well. Maybe you will remember this conversation in 11 years. What a great super power!

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Seems like lots of people are whispering about BJ. And I really don't think it is all co-ordinated by JH and his supporters.

Boris Johnson as PM would be 'catastrophe' for UK, say Scottish Tories
Fears that Tory frontrunner’s zeal for Brexit would boost support for independence
Senior Scottish Conservatives fear Boris Johnson’s election as Tory leader could be a “catastrophe” for the UK, because it is likely to turbo-charge the campaign for Scottish independence.

Senior Tories believe Johnson’s zeal for Brexit will immediately boost support for a fresh referendum – a view echoed by Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, on Sunday. Johnson as prime minister would be “devastating, disastrous” for the party and make the case for independence stronger than ever, she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/23/boris-johnson-as-pm-would-be-catastrophe-for-uk-say-scottish-tories

Also, has anyone seen anything about Carrie Symonds since the row? Has she been seen? Said anything? Tweeted?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oh well. Maybe you will remember this conversation in 11 years. What a great super power!
That won't be a problem. I recently stunned a friend by repeating the first four words he ever spoke to me when we first met in 1974.

He wasn't certain I was accurate, so remembering something I knew he'd well remember I repeated an exact six word sentence he spoke to me at 9.50 pm on Saturday 27th August 1994.

His expression was priceless!

I think you'll appreciate what it was he'd said :):

"Oh you think you know everything."

My reply was "For every one thing I know, the number of things I don't know is almost infinite".

Reactions: Fingers and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Lest we forget, BJ has now had to make entries in the register of interests which are highlighted as being late, no less than ten times.

Anyone know why The Bristol Port Company would want to give him twenty-five grand just the other week? As in this recent entry:

Name of donor: First Corporate Shipping Limited trading as The Bristol Port Company
Address of donor: Level 8, 71 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4AY
Amount of donation: £25,000
Date received: 22 May 2019
Date accepted: 22 May 2019
Donor status: company, registration 2542406 (Registered 17 June 2019)

ADDED:

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s largest donation was £25,000 on May 22 from First Corporate Shipping, according to the register of MPs’ interests. First Corporate Shipping is the trading name of Bristol Port, which is co-owned by Tory donors Terence Mordaunt and Sir David Ord.

I see! Buy the influence whoever wins.
Why that's just an example of Honest Graft!

Reactions: oyster and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Seems like lots of people are whispering about BJ. And I really don't think it is all co-ordinated by JH and his supporters.

Boris Johnson as PM would be 'catastrophe' for UK, say Scottish Tories
Fears that Tory frontrunner’s zeal for Brexit would boost support for independence
Senior Scottish Conservatives fear Boris Johnson’s election as Tory leader could be a “catastrophe” for the UK, because it is likely to turbo-charge the campaign for Scottish independence.

Senior Tories believe Johnson’s zeal for Brexit will immediately boost support for a fresh referendum – a view echoed by Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, on Sunday. Johnson as prime minister would be “devastating, disastrous” for the party and make the case for independence stronger than ever, she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/23/boris-johnson-as-pm-would-be-catastrophe-for-uk-say-scottish-tories

Also, has anyone seen anything about Carrie Symonds since the row? Has she been seen? Said anything? Tweeted?
Fàilte gu Alba Boris! keep up the good work!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just what are the Daily Mail up to?

Farage in secret meeting with Tories at exclusive Mayfair club as Brexit Party leader discusses secret pact to keep Labour out of No. 10
  • Nigel Farage held secret summit to discuss the forging of an electoral pact
  • He met pro-Boris MP Priti Patel at exclusive Mayfair club earlier this month
  • News of talks comes as electoral strategists for both Mr Johnson and Mr Farage work out how to maximise support for Brexit in a General Election
By Glen Owen for The Mail on Sunday
Published: 00:53, 23 June 2019 | Updated: 08:19, 23 June 2019

Nigel Farage has held a secret summit with Boris Johnson supporters at a £1,500-a-year private members’ club to discuss the forging of an electoral pact to keep Jeremy Corbyn out of Downing Street.
The Brexit Party leader, whose surge in the polls since Theresa May delayed the UK’s departure from the EU has sent shockwaves through the Tories, met pro-Boris MP Priti Patel at the exclusive 5 Hertford Street club in Mayfair earlier this month.
He was joined by his ally, the insurance tycoon Arron Banks, and the DUP MP Ian Paisley Jr. Discussions are understood to have focused on a deal under which MPs in an administration formed by Mr Johnson would agree to stand aside in certain seats in favour of Farage’s party to avoid splitting the pro-Brexit vote.

This is interesting
"
The most recent poll by Survation, taken last week, put Labour on 26 per cent, the Tories on 24 per cent and the Brexit Party on 20 per cent, highlighting the difficulties the next Tory leader will face.

A result based on those figures would leave Mr Corbyn in a strong position to enter Downing Street – unless the two other parties could agree on a Brexit alliance.

Nigel seems to be losing ground......Labour climbing...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Britain gets ready for Brexit ;)

Today the last steam train ran on the London Underground after running since the start of this year. Signalling upgrades mean the District Line is no longer compatible with steam locomotives:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just what are the Daily Mail up to?

Farage in secret meeting with Tories at exclusive Mayfair club as Brexit Party leader discusses secret pact to keep Labour out of No. 10
  • Nigel Farage held secret summit to discuss the forging of an electoral pact
  • He met pro-Boris MP Priti Patel at exclusive Mayfair club earlier this month
  • News of talks comes as electoral strategists for both Mr Johnson and Mr Farage work out how to maximise support for Brexit in a General Election
By Glen Owen for The Mail on Sunday
Published: 00:53, 23 June 2019 | Updated: 08:19, 23 June 2019

Nigel Farage has held a secret summit with Boris Johnson supporters at a £1,500-a-year private members’ club to discuss the forging of an electoral pact to keep Jeremy Corbyn out of Downing Street.
The Brexit Party leader, whose surge in the polls since Theresa May delayed the UK’s departure from the EU has sent shockwaves through the Tories, met pro-Boris MP Priti Patel at the exclusive 5 Hertford Street club in Mayfair earlier this month.
He was joined by his ally, the insurance tycoon Arron Banks, and the DUP MP Ian Paisley Jr. Discussions are understood to have focused on a deal under which MPs in an administration formed by Mr Johnson would agree to stand aside in certain seats in favour of Farage’s party to avoid splitting the pro-Brexit vote.

This is interesting
"
The most recent poll by Survation, taken last week, put Labour on 26 per cent, the Tories on 24 per cent and the Brexit Party on 20 per cent, highlighting the difficulties the next Tory leader will face.

A result based on those figures would leave Mr Corbyn in a strong position to enter Downing Street – unless the two other parties could agree on a Brexit alliance.

Nigel seems to be losing ground......Labour climbing...
1500 as a yearly sub for an exclusive private members club ,seems very low to me. How can they keep the riff raff out ?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Sometimes the symbolism of the light in images are strikingly true

A creature from the right where I am a creature from the left, mind you he should be behind those bars

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Sitting in the corner of a darkened rooms somewhere, deeply regretting ever getting involved with BJ.
There probably are not enough darkened rooms for all those who feel that way.

(I'd probably have more sympathy for her if there hadn't been so much obvious and public BJ history right out there to act as a warning.)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales

Advertisers