Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Corbyn does not see Brexit as good or bad for country merely as an opportunity to push onto country his own views of politics, views which in reality only a tiny demented few idiots support. Its a very dangerous situation because he could inherit power, and the irony of it is he would have done so were his policies more moderate and him not such an extremist.

Corbyn just wants to build his Communist Theme Park and then play with it.

Reactions: Zlatan and gray198

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As post-war Prime Minister, Attlee presided over the creation of Nato and Britain's independent nuclear deterrent, both of which Corbyn despises.
And much as I admire Attlee's achievements, I've come to despise those too, through experience of the huge harm they've done to this country.

Like Corbyn, I don't blindly accept those two American creations are good for this country, they aren't.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is undoubtedly good news.

It’s essentially a different power plant and transmission in an existing model. That’s not a big deal I’m terms of investment. Compared to gearing up a production line for an entirely new model, this electrification is a lightweight investment. BMW have done the same with the mini.

If the electric version were to be built in another country, it would mean moving an entire and existing car production line to that country. This would be more expensive, with or without BREXIT.

I wonder what wil happen when the time arrives for new model investment if we BREXIT. From a business sense, it would make financial sense to build the new production line within the EU. Why would you want it in the UK making your product uncompetitive due to tariffs? As they say, it’s a no brainier.
In fact as I 've previously posted, Jaguar have joined forces with BMW on the mainland EU with battery research for vehicles, even setting up a small design workforce there. The warning writing is on the wall.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nice to see that the EU have appointed two world class disappointments to the top jobs.

The president is widely regarded as the most incompetent and ineffective minister in global history.

The head of finance is a lawyer who has admitted to gross incompetence in order to save her arse from a 12 month prison sentence for dodgy dealings.

But more importantly, we have a great gender balance. F the rest of the issues.
But don't you think we have our fair share of those? We are hardly in a position to criticise given our record of MP's incompetence and criminality.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
But don't you think we have our fair share of those? We are hardly in a position to criticise given our record of MP's incompetence and criminality.
Yes, but it was a chance to do something different, set a higher standard, make people think the EU has more integrity. Instead we have incompetence and criminal behaviour in our leaders in own country and more of the same in our European Union. What’s the point?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, but it was a chance to do something different, set a higher standard, make people think the EU has more integrity. Instead we have incompetence and criminal behaviour in our leaders in own country and more of the same in our European Union. What’s the point?
So politics is corrupt. Tell me something new.

It's the way of the world, in the UK, the USA, Russia, the EU and China, everywhere that matters. The Italians have turned it into an art form.

I just shrug.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

It's the way of the world, in the UK, the USA, Russia, the EU and China, everywhere that matters. The Italians have turned it into an art form.

I just shrug.
So do I, but the EU is needs to be attractive, you aren’t compelled to be a member like you are a member of a nation. So if the EU is serious about expansion and ever closer links, it needs to be something people want to be members of, not just put up with.

With the corrupt and the incompetent holding senior positions, are they likely to act in a fair and unbiased way which serves the wider EU community? No, they will favour their own interests, their track record suggests so. That interest is likely to be their own nation at the expense of others.

I still think the EU is the lesser of the two evils we face in the U.K. I basically hate all of them, but the EU slightly less :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So if the EU is serious about expansion and ever closer links, it needs to be something people want to be members of, not just put up with.
As an aside and as someone who was strongly opposed to the EU expansion into the former Warsaw Pact countries, I don't want it to expand.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But I have to ask if you voted for Brexit, why does his stance bother you?
possibly for the same reason I despair at the idea that conservatives are going to elect BJ to be our next PM.
I would have preferred Hilary Benn or Yvette Cooper to be leader of the opposition. Even Liz 3% Kendall is more credible than JC.
You can have your heart at the right place but the country needs brains more than heart.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Protectionism 1.0
Not protectionism at all, just an awareness of the missed opportunity of a much better future for both the Warsaw Pact countries, the EU, and a more stable peace in future.

Instead we got the US inspired model of the potential for warfare they love so much. But this time with Europe doing the dirty work and at most risk. It's happening right now.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
possibly for the same reason I despair at the idea that conservatives are going to elect BJ to be our next PM.
I would have preferred Hilary Benn or Yvette Cooper to be leader of the opposition. Even Liz 3% Kendall is more credible than JC.
You can have your heart at the right place but the country needs brains more than heart.

The problem was everyone of those was a signed up Blairite and the labour supporters were sick to the back teeth of them. Miliband was in many ways the best bet as he could straddle both camps. Just got done by a vicious media and a bacon roll.

I like Kendall too btw. But not in the same way as you I’m guessing.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
So we are going to get Boris as PM...looks like if you are a Tory Toff who went to Eton,have retired to the shires on £80k per year,love junk food determined to drink or smoke yourself to death and love killing foxes for sport you have got the right man.!!!!
I suppose that pretty much defines most Tory party members.
KudosDave,back from holiday.
Still selling Kudos bikes,not many left now.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So we are going to get Boris as PM...looks like if you are a Tory Toff who went to Eton,have retired to the shires on £80k per year,love junk food determined to drink or smoke yourself to death and love killing foxes for sport you have got the right man.!!!!
I suppose that pretty much defines most Tory party members.
KudosDave,back from holiday.
Still selling Kudos bikes,not many left now.
Welcome back Dave, I hope you had a very enjoyable holiday.

On the boat or public transport?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
My remark was addressed at Zlatan, woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So do I, but the EU is needs to be attractive, you aren’t compelled to be a member like you are a member of a nation. So if the EU is serious about expansion and ever closer links, it needs to be something people want to be members of, not just put up with.

With the corrupt and the incompetent holding senior positions, are they likely to act in a fair and unbiased way which serves the wider EU community? No, they will favour their own interests, their track record suggests so. That interest is likely to be their own nation at the expense of others.

I still think the EU is the lesser of the two evils we face in the U.K. I basically hate all of them, but the EU slightly less :)
And do demonstrate what the lesser of two evils do, after the tour de force of the Brexit Debacle, how about this, Brexit Fans?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9441101/tory-dinner-boris-johnson-jeremy-hunt/
"PM 'PIMPED OUT' Tories sell £300k Prime Minister’s dinner with Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt BEFORE new party leader has been chosen

Money will buy you love it seems!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

I just shrug.
Actually wasn't it in Book form too? ( and widely studied) :cool:

Reactions: flecc

Advertisers