Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is that how you read it? how does it comply with this?

"MPs voted 311 to 302 in favour of a so-called "humble address" compelling the government to publish all of the Yellowhammer documents seen by the cabinet or a cabinet committee since 23 July, when Boris Johnson was appointed prime minister.

Frankly I don't think it does....
no, but who is going to sue Bojo?

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Confirmation of the Government flouting the law
Anna Soubry MP
@Anna_Soubry

So called #Yellowhammer papers are not what the Govt has to publish. Not the detailed & frank assessments of preparedness or otherwise for #NoDeal nor the detail of the consequences. I know those papers exist because I saw them in March & the updated versions must be published.

And this too

Stuart Budd

#UniteToRemain

@StuartBudd1
· 1h
Replying to @MollyMEP
Documents released yesturday called #YellowHammer aren't the #YellowHammer documents @MollyMEP We saw a version earlier in the year and they were 37 pages long. There was a story in the Times that said Gove was making the document more "user friendly"

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here is an article from August 11 th in the Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7345427/Michael-Goves-Brexit-war-Cabinet-draws-secret-plan.html
"
Mr Gove has chaired a dozen meetings of the Brexit war Cabinet – known as XO – which meets in a room in the basement of the Cabinet Office every weekday at 10.30am.
Ministers who are away can use video or phone links, as Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab did throughout last week during his visit to the US, Canada and Mexico to explore new trade deals after Brexit.
Cabinet Secretary Sir Mark Sedwill and Mr Johnson's powerful aide Dominic Cummings sit in on XO meetings, with Revenue & Customs chief Sir Jonathan Thompson the only mandarin with a full-time position.
Four large screens are updated throughout the meeting and display 'actions' for departments and Ministers to take.
One committee member said: 'It's pacy stuff. We are running through a lot of detail, with decisions made very quickly. We have sorted out more in two weeks than in the whole previous year. Before, the Treasury was blocking everything, demanding to know what the business case of every tiny thing was, whereas things are serious now and ten to 15 actions are agreed every day.'
The MoS can also reveal that the central tenets of the Government's No Deal planning have been agreed by XO. A source who attends the meetings said: 'All decisions are framed through protecting security, flow and revenue, in that order.'
The avian code words were drawn at random by a Whitehall computer and they have now been joined by another – Black Swan – for worst-case scenarios.
Last week, Mr Cummings and Mr Johnson's policy adviser Oliver Lewis summoned all department aides to No 10 and gave them 48 hours to unearth every potential 'Black Swan' problem.
Mr Cummings said he did not care 'how bad the problems are as long as you tell us'. And he warned that if major issues were unearthed later, he would sack the special advisers and ministerial aides responsible. He warned them not to allow the Civil Service to cause difficulties, saying: 'You have been personally authorised by the office of the Prime Minister to undertake this work, and if anyone has a problem with that, tell them to call me.'"

Here we have an unelected individual controlling and directing government policy and deciding to keep thousands of man hours of planning for dealing with a crisis that could lead to civil unrest and even the death of vulnerable members of the public as his personal property to be concealed from both parliament and the public?
And they release just five pages of nonsense at the end of the process, with no plans revealed?

Is this the country that leave voters "knew what they were voting for?"

• :D
Reactions: Fingers

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is this the country that leave voters "knew what they were voting for?"
now they know.
Would they change their mind about voting for the tories next time though?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I wonder when corbyn is going to publish his " yellowstripe " documents regarding a GE
the right wing press has tried to paint JC as unelectable for as long as I can remember.
I think that has reached saturation, it's now hitting a phase of diminishing return.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I wonder when corbyn is going to publish his " yellowstripe " documents regarding a GE
If Corbyn has agreed to an election , Johnson would have shut down parliament and moved the GE date back in an instant.

Corbyn has seen Johnson for the filthy lying scum-bag that he is and has acted to thwart his deceit. It’s nothing to do with cowardice. It’s the newspapers which have reduced you to thinking in that way.

By the way, I think Corbyn is as big a potential disaster as Brexit.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Cheap, irrelevant shot.. if a 10 year old in a prep school came out with that there would be condescending smiles. You must realise that Mr Corbyn is not currently the PM, nor RUNNING a Government.
THat Mr Corbyn had the sense to listen to Mr Blair,and not rush into precipitated action , actually suggests prudence. As Napoleon said, it is bad manners to interrupt your enemies when they are making mistakes.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I wonder what the outcome of the referendum would have been if the Leave side had campaigned on the basis of their own beliefs contained within the Yellowhammer document, and not on the lies?

Do we need another chance to reconsider Brexit now that the truth has been revealed? Of course we do.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I wonder what the outcome of the referendum would have been if the Leave side had campaigned on the basis of their own beliefs contained within the Yellowhammer document, and not on the lies?

Do we need another chance to reconsider Brexit now that the truth has been revealed? Of course we do.
They were not lies ..they were predictions..a significant fraction came true.20% devaluation of currency is serious. Others were actually flagged up,and dismissed as Project Fear, and some were just realised later

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Cheap, irrelevant shot.. if a 10 year old in a prep school came out with that there would be condescending smiles. You must realise that Mr Corbyn is not currently the PM, nor RUNNING a Government.
THat Mr Corbyn had the sense to listen to Mr Blair,and not rush into precipitated action , actually suggests prudence. As Napoleon said, it is bad manners to interrupt your enemies when they are making mistakes.
Cheap yes Irrelevant no. This is a man who has been screaming for a GE for the last 3 years. He is using any excuse to not have one because he knows he'll lose. They keep spouting about. The good of the country!! But are quite happy to stagnate the country to frustrate what we voted for. I hope you don't think that the people cannot see through him, because I think you may be in for a shock. The legal position is that we leave on 31/10 and I don't see it being stopped.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
It will be fine.

Although for personal reasons I hope it drags on for three more months.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Is say that was a pretty good jibe for a ten year old.

I'd make him head boy and mark him down as going places.

Maybe all the way to number 10

Reactions: gray198

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Cheap yes Irrelevant no. This is a man who has been screaming for a GE for the last 3 years. He is using any excuse to not have one because he knows he'll lose. They keep spouting about. The good of the country!! But are quite happy to stagnate the country to frustrate what we voted for. I hope you don't think that the people cannot see through him, because I think you may be in for a shock. The legal position is that we leave on 31/10 and I don't see it being stopped.
Oh for goodness sake: you are making excuses, and you still keep trotting out the outdated "Will of the people" nonsense.
And you are the one running scared: the country is faced with a crisis brought about by a marginal win in a referendum where there is no way you can claim you knew what you voted for, when no one did, and the leave campaign made such glowing promises, and they now released a document proving it was all lies!

With the best will in the world the leave vote was only 34% of the voting public
The simple fact is the question needs to be put to the voting public again now they have a better idea of the cost, and you are afraid your precious leave notion will be thrown out.

And amazingly you call Corbyn Chicken while being one yourself?
And how does your theory fit in with the other political parties who also backed a delay?

The simple fact is they don't trust Boris and the other leave plotters not to pull a fast one.
And you should be ashamed of backing people who are so untrustworthy , even going so far as to say they will disobey the law.

Show some guts and demand a confirmatory referendum when Boris gets a deal, or more likely tries to pass May's deal off as something new.

By the way I don't see Corbyn winning either, there are still plenty of masochists who will vote Tory and of course even vote for a pig in a poke called Farage.

Reactions: Fingers

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
An
They were not lies ..they were predictions..a significant fraction came true.20% devaluation of currency is serious. Others were actually flagged up,and dismissed as Project Fear, and some were just realised later
d now the leave Goverment is trying to pass of the risks as someone elses Project Fear... so where is their version?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is what you get when "You know what you are voting for"
BREXIT DISASTER CAPITALISM
£8 Billion Bet on No Deal Crash-Out by Boris Johnson's Leave Backers

Byline Times Team
11 September 2019
https://bylinetimes.com/2019/09/11/brexit-disaster-capitalism-8-billion-bet-on-no-deal-crash-out-by-boris-johnsons-leave-backers/

From the financial data publicly available, Byline Times can reveal that currently £4,563,350,000 (£4.6 billion) of aggregate short positions on a ‘no deal’ Brexit have been taken out by hedge funds that directly or indirectly bankrolled Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign.
Most of these firms also donated to Vote Leave and took out short positions on the EU Referendum result. The ones which didn’t typically didn’t exist at that time but are invariably connected via directorships to companies that did.
Another £3,711,000,000 (£3.7 billion) of these short positions have been taken out by firms that donated to the Vote Leave campaign, but did not donate directly to the Johnson leadership campaign.
Currently, £8,274,350,000 (£8.3 billion) of aggregate short positions has been taken out by hedge funds connected to the Prime Minister and his Vote Leave campaign, run by his advisor Dominic Cummings, on a ‘no deal’ Brexit.
Under the Ministerial Code, Government ministers must have “no actual or perceived conflicts of interest”. But what could be a bigger conflict of interest than those bankrolling the Prime Minister also having a vast financial interest in a catastrophe for Britain?
Byline Times has approached Boris Johnson and the Cabinet Office for a response, but has yet to receive a reply.
By voting for leave you simply put your name down to be mugged! :cool:

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
The redacted section apparently said:

15. Facing EU tariffs makes petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability but UK Government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans.
This leads to significant financial losses and announcement of two refinery closures (and transition to import terminals) and direct job losses (about 2000).
Resulting strike action at refineries would lead to disruptions to fuel availability for 1-2 weeks in the regions directly supplied by the refineries.
15. The public will be advised not to hunt rats which are fast moving & difficult to catch, but instead conserve their energy by hunting the sick, the elderly & the disabled (all of which are less challenging to catch) for sustenance.

Reactions: oldgroaner

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Excuse me, “what we voted for” ????

Did we vote for a shortage of medicine s?

Did we vice for shortages of certain fresh food products?

Did we vote for an increase in food Prices?

Did you vote for an increase in fuel duty?

Did we vote to have goods stuck for 3 days + at ports?

Did we vote for civil unrest?

And don’t forget, the government didn’t want you to see this information. They went to great lengths to hide these facts from you and only disclosed them under duress. That’s why Johnson had closed down parliament, he doesn’t want to face the questions which this disclosure brings. That’s why Johnson also wants an election, he wants to double cross parliament by initially saying the GE will be held in October and once he gets approval, pushing the date back to November, thus stifling parliament further. Corbyn has rumbled him, that’s all.

These are just a few of the things which, by the “leave government’s” own admission are likely outcomes. Of course, the hardest hit will be the poorest. Can you honestly say that is what you voted for?

I never liked the term Brexidiot, but I’ve come to realise it is a perfect description. It fits so well because despite all of the lies and now the disclosure of the true implications of Brexit, people still want it and they have no effing idea why or what benefits they want. That is the very purest definition of an idiot.

Advertisers