Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Apply the term to yourself. You don't know what will happen. Nobody knows because it's not been done before. Do you seriously think that all the farmers and producers in Europe will be happy to see their businesses destroyed just to satisfy the ruling elite in Brussels. You will see what's happening in France, in Spain Portugal and all the other major exporters. When it comes down to it there will be some disruption for a while and then it will settle down. The people responsible for this mess are the remainers who weakened the government's hand and showed a divided front to the EU which they fully exploited. BTW. Why are they not being accused of breaking the law. Didn't they pass an act of parliament to leave the EU on 30 March. Or was that just advisory
Obviously you will believe that rubbish about not showing your hand. Consolidated statistics about EVERY EU country, including your beloved country are available. Its there in the VAT receipts, the money transfers and there are decades of it around. Those damned..in your opinion Beurocrats in Brussels know how many sheep are wandering the hills of Wales . The TV and Radio signals make their way into Euroland..even before being linked to the Astra Satellite chain.
I made comments months ago about the UKs position relative to the EU as akin to that of the Irish Free State taking on the UK in the years 1923 to 1936..A time called the Economic War . The relative sizes of the population base is similar, and the results equally predictable. I leave it as an excercise for you.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Obviously you will believe that rubbish about not showing your hand. Consolidated statistics about EVERY EU country, including your beloved country are available. Its there in the VAT receipts, the money transfers and there are decades of it around. Those damned..in your opinion Beurocrats in Brussels know how many sheep are wandering the hills of Wales . The TV and Radio signals make their way into Euroland..even before being linked to the Astra Satellite chain.
I made comments months ago about the UKs position relative to the EU as akin to that of the Irish Free State taking on the UK in the years 1923 to 1936..A time called the Economic War . The relative sizes of the population base is similar, and the results equally predictable. I leave it as an excercise for you.
Yes/no

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Cheap yes Irrelevant no. This is a man who has been screaming for a GE for the last 3 years. He is using any excuse to not have one because he knows he'll lose. They keep spouting about. The good of the country!! But are quite happy to stagnate the country to frustrate what we voted for. I hope you don't think that the people cannot see through him, because I think you may be in for a shock. The legal position is that we leave on 31/10 and I don't see it being stopped.
Unlike you ,I don't have to have an opinion about Mr Corbyns suitability. But I can see infantile goading for what it is. Yes the legal position AS FAR AS the EU is concerned,that the UK crashes out in six weeks.
It is obvious that tactically ensuring that the BJ circus retains responsibility for the chaos they created when it happens,is a smart call. Napoleon was no eejit!..and neither apparently is Corbyn. When November comes ,and the shortages appear and people are grumbling ..it wouldn't be at Labour. Then he will go for his election.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Unlike you ,I don't have to have an opinion about Mr Corbyns suitability. But I can see infantile goading for what it is. Yes the legal position AS FAR AS the EU is concerned,that the UK crashes out in six weeks.
It is obvious that tactically ensuring that the BJ circus retains responsibility for the chaos they created when it happens,is a smart call. Napoleon was no eejit!..and neither apparently is Corbyn. When November comes ,and the shortages appear and people are grumbling ..it wouldn't be at Labour. Then he will go for his election.
On a policy of remaining out, probably.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
You have an opinion about Boris??

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
It is obvious that tactically ensuring that the BJ circus retains responsibility for the chaos they created when it happens,is a smart call. Napoleon was no eejit
What if it's not as bad as you seem to hope for. He will have missed his chance for glory

Reactions: Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What if it's not as bad as you seem to hope for. He will have missed his chance for glory
glory? brexit makes some people feel good but almost everyone poorer.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Even if its a disaster JC wont benefit. He will be held partly responsible for not offering remain in last GE and folk will never see him as being an economic saviour. He still wont know which horse to back and whichever he does voters will think why on earth didnt he do it earlier. He, s already too late. He has blown his opportunity.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apply the term to yourself. You don't know what will happen. Nobody knows because it's not been done before. Do you seriously think that all the farmers and producers in Europe will be happy to see their businesses destroyed just to satisfy the ruling elite in Brussels. You will see what's happening in France, in Spain Portugal and all the other major exporters. When it comes down to it there will be some disruption for a while and then it will settle down. The people responsible for this mess are the remainers who weakened the government's hand and showed a divided front to the EU which they fully exploited. BTW. Why are they not being accused of breaking the law. Didn't they pass an act of parliament to leave the EU on 30 March. Or was that just advisory
Not another old trope! The farmers in Europe have plenty of markets for their goods and will soon adapt, surely you can't believe this rot?
And then this
"people responsible for this mess are the remainers who weakened the government's hand and showed a divided front to the EU which they fully exploited. "
The people responsible for this mess are those that voted for it.
The remainers did not negotiate with the EU, May did and incidentally actually got the best deal liable to be offered.

The truth is Brexit is a disaster, and needs to be cancelled before even more damage is done by this ploy of the rich to protect their Tax Dodges.

What's in it for you? some mad notions about "Control" and "Sovereignty"?
We never lost either of them, what we have lost is the one thing you wanted

We have lost control of events, and are in the hands of reckless idiots, and all for the result of a popularity contest that was only advisory, the winners of which are terrified of another public vote now the consequences of this rash action are clear, because they are certain they will lose.
And for your information it has all been done before, going alone that is, and it was a disaster that led us into relying on IMF loans and having to beg to join the EEC.
We know only too well what will happen and we don't want to go back there.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Even if its a disaster JC wont benefit.
he might.
if Bojo takes us out on no deal, JC and the rebel will control parliament. They will choose the timing of the GE, delay it until everyone starts to regret brexit.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
he might.
if Bojo takes us out on no deal, JC and the rebel will control parliament. They will choose the timing of the GE, delay it until everyone starts to regret brexit.
The more they regret Brexit the more blame he, ll get. He has supported Leave, refused to have remain in his last manifesto and people will neither forget that or think his tax regime, support for unions or his (McDonnell's) support of 4,day week as a way forward. His policies are for a 50's Manifesto. Electorate has changed. A labour party capable of getting in no 10 would have done so by now.
JC has always been part of our current problem and doesnt offer anyone a future solution.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Yeah. But the difference is we are still the fifth or sixth biggest economy in the world.

Your biggest export then was probably peat.

We lead the world innovative tech and have a history of overcoming anything that comes our way.

You are comparing computers with potatoes.

It's a ridiculous analogy.

• :D
Reactions: wheeler

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You misunderstand. I have no hopes that the Crashout will be bad. I do not want my family and relations living in the UK to suffer, or indeed the broad mass of UK people, who I respect, I FEAR it will be so.

• :D
Reactions: daveboy and Fingers

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yeah. But the difference is we are still the fifth or sixth biggest economy in the world.

We lead the world innovative tech and have a history of overcoming anything that comes our way.

The analogy is ridiculous ,I agree, but let's see, who is making the major amount of microprocessors for export? Is it the UK or the little old Intel plant in Leixlip or the Apple plant in Cork ? . Not a good call to challenge me on hi tech electronics. Ireland has been on numerous occasions the World's leading exporter of computer systems. We are also big in Pharma and BioPharma,and Aircraft Leasing.
The UK had a world beating ARM technologies ,but sold it immediately the sterling started slipping to the Japanese.
You might want to look again at your "biggest economy " listing again. The difference between 5th and 11th is not very big

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The analogy is ridiculous ,I agree, but let's see, who is making the major amount of microprocessors for export? Is it the UK or the little old Intel plant in Leixlip or the Apple plant in Cork ? . Not a good call to challenge me on hi tech electronics. Ireland has been on numerous occasions the World's leading exporter of computer systems. We are also big in Pharma and BioPharma,and Aircraft Leasing.
The UK had a world beating ARM technologies ,but sold it immediately the sterling started slipping to the Japanese.
You might want to look again at your "biggest economy " listing again. The difference between 5th and 11th is not very big
My very basic understanding in such matters is basically Ireland is a warehouse that makes zero percent tax income from Apple.

Your government went to court to stop the EU making Apple Pay you a paltry 10 million in token tax.

It’s hardly Silicon Valley.

Very low wages for what the jobs actually are and zero tax revenue.

It’s not a long term plan.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

There is a little truth there. Economic prosperity was centred around Belfast ,because Dublin had been allowed to be run down. NI had linen,shipyards, and the South mainly agricultural produce.. leather, beef, shoes, alcohol,

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
My very basic understanding in such matters is basically Ireland is a warehouse that makes zero percent tax income from Apple.

Your government went to court to stop the EU making Apple Pay you a paltry 10 million in token tax.

It’s hardly Silicon Valley.

Very low wages for what the jobs actually are and zero tax revenue.

It’s not a long term plan.
As you say your understanding is very basic.

Advertisers