Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You misunderstand. I have no hopes that the Crashout will be bad. I do not want my family and relations living in the UK to suffer, or indeed the broad mass of UK people, who I respect, I FEAR it will be so.
Thanks for your care Danidl.

Reactions: Fingers

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He has supported Leave,
yes, that's true but not getting out of the SM and CU.
If brexit were done by JC, then brexit would be accepted by parliament and we would have been out by now and the cost would be less.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think all the spirit and independent thinking has been leached out of us while in the EU. We have become a notion of subservient worker drones kowtowing to Europe. Saw a little cartoon that I enjoyed which I think sums up our elite.. MP's boarding the Eurostar, with the comment. Ahh Bisto. All aboard the gravy train
Have you any reason for that belief, and if you do, what difference is leaving the EU going to make?
Worker drones kowtowing to Europe? where on Earth did you get that one from?
What a load of tripe! the EU does not interfere in the running of companies here, the mismanagement is all homegrown.

Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I, m sorry you will have to be banned for a while. Optimism is totally outlawed on this thread. Its purely worse case scenario or feck off.( for your own sake I recommend feck off, you, ll have that odious little Captain bog salesman Manwering writing another tome about you soon.)
If you have to resort to insults because you are incapable of rational debate, do yourself a favour and at least use names you know how to spell, unless of course you are trying to prove what many suspect that you are in fact a fool.

If you are actually being optimistic about Brexit being a success, seek professional help.
Delusion is not a good state to be in.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I see that 5 new Navy ships are going to be built in British shipyards saving thousands of jobs and possibly a big help to Harland and Wolf in Belfast. Hardly received a mention on BBC news. They don't want to broadcast good news
So now the BBC are against you too?? dear oh dear this will disappoint you
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49673817
Harland and Wolff part of Royal Navy warship order
  • 12 September 2019
A consortium which includes Harland and Wolff has won a £1.25bn contract to build five warships for the Royal Navy.

Harland and Wolff, the shipyard best known for building the Titanic, is in administration and up for sale.

The consortium is led by defence firm Babcock, who last month insisted Harland and Wolff's financial difficulties would not affect its bid.

Work on the Type 31e frigates is due to begin by the end of 2019, with the first ships delivered in 2023.

With a price ceiling of £250m per ship, the aim is to maintain the size of the Navy's surface fleet and generate export orders.

The deal secures hundreds of jobs at Rosyth in Fife, where the ships will be assembled, with construction work spread between yards across the UK.

It is expected to sustain five to six years of work at the Belfast shipyard through steel fabrication alone.
Analysis by BBC News NI Economics and Business Editor John Campbell
It is undoubtedly positive news for the yard but there are still a number of steps to take.

Firstly the administrator needs to find a buyer and secondly that buyer will need to make their intentions clear.

What will their vision be, what sort of marine engineering work will they intend to do in Belfast?

Remember that last month, Babcock insisted Harland's financial difficulties would not affect its bid because its "flexible build approach" could accommodate "a range of delivery sites".

What a rotten Remainer trick of the BBC to disappoint you in this way! :cool:

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
If you have to resort to insults because you are incapable of rational debate, do yourself a favour and at least use names you know how to spell, unless of course you are trying to prove what many suspect that you are in fact a fool.

If you are actually being optimistic about Brexit being a success, seek professional help.
Delusion is not a good state to be in.

Please don’t be rude.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Fascinating, what for, and when did you achieve them?

Editing Mr Bell. End of the day I'm not going to publish my honours on here as it is the internet and I do not wish my personal information to be harvested as if it were a simple crop of potatoes.

I care nothing if you believe me or not.

But the one thing I am not is a liar.

If only everyone was like that.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Editing Mr Bell. End of the day I'm not going to publish my honours on here as it is the internet and I do not wish my personal information to be harvested as if it were a simple crop of potatoes.

I care nothing if you believe me or not.

But the one think I am not is a liar.

If only everyone was like that.
Actually Fingers I believe you and your reasons... What their significance is I can only guess, because it is not my world

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Actually Fingers I believe you and your reasons... What their significance is I can only guess, because it is not my world

Not a lot truth be told.

But it was fun at the time.

And it's funny to bring it up every now and again. For whatever reason people know what that industry award is. Whether its more important than toilet salesman of the year is up for debate.

And one I would not wish to get involved in. I generally think most if not all honours are a big **** unless it's military or health based. Science too actually.

Advertisers