Brexit, for once some facts.

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Th

That was an exciting last five minutes... I kinda hoped Wales would do the business. It would have blunted France's chance of a grand slam... Now if Ireland can do the business tomorrow, the final match in the season will be a cracker.
It was a good game, I enjoyed it regardless of the outcome.

I reckoned after 20 minutes it wasn’t going to be so close but massive effort from a position that most would not have come back from

Interesting tomorrow and not sure how it will go.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Who needs Parliament anyway, we have a "Glorious Leader" now, or rather "TWO"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/22/pentagon-gaffe-reveals-uk-deal-replace-trident-nuclear-weapon?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Ps dismayed after US d
MPs dismayed after US defence officials leak news of nuclear weapons deal before parliament is told

Britain has committed itself to buying a new generation of nuclear warheads to replace Trident, which will be based on US technology. The decision was revealed by Pentagon officials who disclosed it before an official announcement has been made by the government.

They are simply taking the mickey out of democracy

As I said previously the best thing the opposition parties can do is boycott the house of commons, the Conservatives are merely using them as a decoy to hide the fact we have become a dictatorship.
The only way forward is to disengage from the Parliamentary process and leave the Boris regime exposed for what they are.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Trouble seems to be that there are few, if any, hints as to who is most at risk.
For fatalities - elderly folk with pre-existing health conditions, COPD lung disease.

Super spreaders can be health workers, shop workers i.e anyone who comes into contact with a lot of folk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
For fatalities - elderly folk with pre-existing health conditions, COPD lung disease.

Super spreaders can be health workers, shop workers i.e anyone who comes into contact with a lot of folk

I have a cunning plan
I'm going to lie about my age!

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
isn't it true that there is no cure to viruses, especially the cold and flu viruses?
Millions die every year of them and still no cure.
There's different viruses - some diseases have almost been errdaicated but then there's a fashion for folk not to take up vaccinations. And cold and flu viruses mutate quicker than new vaccines can be developed. The flu jab is basically a best guess of what previous years flu strains is likely to mutate and spread - and it won't prevent it just lessen the severity somewhat and knock off a couple of days to take to recover.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Looks pretty clear from that... :(

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Looks pretty clear from that... :(
And when the word gets out a lot of people will start stocking up and withdrawing from public contact, not a very pleasant prospect, the government needs to come out of hiding and do something positive to control the situation, Boris will find the Hiding in the nearest fridge won’t help him

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It's been a mild winter and the logs I was going to burn this winter. spruce and ash dropped in June 2018, will be even drier than last year.

I'm thinking of buying some seasoned logs and trying to measure the moisture content by checking the insulation resistance drilling two holes in the log and using a megger to measure the insulation resistance between the two. Only a starting point and we shall see.
This is highly subjective, but how about moving to Puglia? One can pick up a small farm a few miles from the beach for 100k euro, its invariably got tons of very dry olive logs lying around, one never have to measure the humidity because its always as low as the italian sunrise is light blue

Reactions: PeterPi

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
This is highly subjective, but how about moving to Puglia? One can pick up a small farm a few miles from the beach for 100k euro, its invariably got tons of very dry olive logs lying around, one never have to measure the humidity because its always as low as the italian sunrise is light blue
The weather is more cycling friendly, but don't they drive on the right there? Will my bike be compatible. :p

Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Reactions: PeterPi and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
This is the real "Invisible man"
The obvious answer has been missed. Send everything to him on a PM twitter account. Perhaps tweets are short enough? (No links allowed, of course.)

So he doesn't just appear to be out of touch and poorly briefed...

By the way, is that two A4 sides double-spaced?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Will Hutton can be convoluted towards the unreadable end of the scale. But in this article, he is very straightforward:

Last week, an unelected special adviser delivered one of the most political and controversial speeches made by a British public official in recent times. It claimed, in justifying Brexit, that 19th-century political notions – the nation state with absolute sovereignty and wholesale independence of action – extended unchanged into the 21st century and were supported wholeheartedly in Britain. This betrayed a combination of ignorance, self-deception and vainglory that will ill serve our country.

What counts is the thinking in the court of King Boris. The musings of one of his most obsequious courtiers last week were not comforting. Prepare for a very hard Brexit and careless insouciance from those delivering it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/23/johnson-brexit-flunkey-sums-up-all-thats-wrong-with-his-masters-trade-fantasies-david-frost

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
If you can't say something nice about a person, try the truth. :)

Veteran broadcaster David Dimbleby brands Boris Johnson a 'liar' that nobody trusts
Veteran BBC broadcaster David Dimbleby has told German media that Boris Johnson is a liar that nobody trusts, who has become 'arrogant with power' following the general election result.
The Daily Mail reported that Dimbleby told Germany's ARD state TV channel that the prime minister might be forced to start listening more if Brexit starts to go wrong, and he will have to explain why things have not gone as promised.

Attacking the politician he claimed the politician was only interested in being prime minister and does not care what people think.

He said: "Nobody trusts Boris Johnson. Who could trust Boris Johnson? He lies everywhere to everyone. He lies to his family. He just makes it up, you know.

"Boris Johnson, above all politicians, does it his way. He doesn't take any notice of what people say. He doesn't care what people think. He just wants to be prime minister."

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/david-dimbleby-on-boris-johnson-and-the-bbc-1-6526991

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
As exams used to say, compare and contrast:

How will brexit impact flat earth?
I think after brexit the truth that the earth is flat will finally come out. The british economy will collapse and they won't have the funds to continue the cover up and it will slowly start to unravel. This is one of the reasons why I voted for Brexit.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=79550.0

A US daredevil pilot has been killed during an attempted launch of a homemade rocket in the Californian desert.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, 64, crash-landed his steam-powered rocket shortly after take-off near Barstow on Saturday.

A video on social media shows a rocket being fired into the sky before plummeting to the ground nearby.

Hughes was well-known for his belief that the Earth was flat. He hoped to prove his theory by going to space.

Meanwhile, "Mad" Dominic Cummings and "Mad" Boris Johnson continue to screw us all up. (Do I need quotes there? :) )

Reactions: flecc

Advertisers