oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Has the chlorination of our water supply changed? Obviously, I'm not expecting you to know anything about what comes out of the taps in our house. But two things make me wonder. First, my hands are suffering like they used to when I lived in England - and the water supply there was definitely more highly chlorinated. Second, since moving I have never until now noticed any smell of chlorine when running a tap. I do now.

It appears that adequate chlorination does prevent water supply being a vector of CV transmission - in mains water or swimming pools. But I'd not be surprised if someone thought that an increase in the levels used might be sensible. Possibly only areas which were at the lower end of the scale would need any change.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Has the chlorination of our water supply changed? Obviously, I'm not expecting you to know anything about what comes out of the taps in our house. But two things make me wonder. First, my hands are suffering like they used to when I lived in England - and the water supply there was definitely more highly chlorinated. Second, since moving I have never until now noticed any smell of chlorine when running a tap. I do now.

It appears that adequate chlorination does prevent water supply being a vector of CV transmission - in mains water or swimming pools. But I'd not be surprised if someone thought that an increase in the levels used might be sensible. Possibly only areas which were at the lower end of the scale would need any change.
Where are you?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Coronavirus: UK deaths rise by more than 100 in a day

on average 1400 ppl die per day in the uk anyway fact.

The death toll has risen from 475 to 578, health officials have confirmed, with 11,658 confirmed cases.

so 39200 ppl die in the uk in 1 month, +578 are dead from cv with other health related problems bar 1.

now if you dont care that how many ppl die what is this going to cost? becose some one is going to have pay for it and it will be all of us with higher taxes for the next 20 years.

it is cheaper to just let them die but every country wants to use this as a excuse to destroy the economy because it was going to crash anyway.

resistance is futile.gov.org

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Taste of what's to come in a lot of areas - its like hard brexit bonus has unfortunately come ealier than expected - tricky now the pensioners they were looking to recruit are in lock down or on ventilators...

"...find Britons to fill some of the 90,000 seasonal agricultural jobs traditionally taken by overseas workers.

'On a nice day, when the sun is on your back, it's a lovely job, but when the rain's coming down and there's mud up to your knees, well. . .'

...workers must be able to cope with early starts (around 5am is typical in the summer) and occasionally long hours.

Will today's young Britons, increasingly dismissed as snowflakes or couch potatoes, respond to this call?"

Maybe just the job for SW ;-)

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and Woosh

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

The death toll has risen from 475 to 578, health officials have confirmed, with 11,658 confirmed cases.

so 39200 ppl die in the uk in 1 month, +578 are dead from cv with other health related problems bar 1.

now if you dont care that how many ppl die what is this going to cost? becose some one is going to have pay for it and it will be all of us with higher taxes for the next 20 years.

it is cheaper to just let them die but every country wants to use this as a excuse to destroy the economy because it was going to crash anyway.

Funnily enough the Brazilian President Bolsonaro shares your sentiment SW

In a televised address on Tuesday, he called on mayors and governors to roll back restrictions they have introduced to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Bolsonaro added that people aged over 60 were at risk, but that most people - including himself - had nothing to fear.
"With my history as an athlete, if I were infected with the virus I would have no reason to worry. I would feel nothing, or it would be at most just a little flu."

Very Trumpian - With POTUS wanting to cram his believers into church at Easter and back to work .

“Our lives have to go on. Jobs must be kept... We must, yes, get back to normal,” Mr Bolsonaro said, in a speech that sparked protests across the country.

Meanwhile

Drug traffickers in one of Rio de Janeiro’s best-known favelas have imposed a coronavirus curfew, amid growing fears over the impact the virus could have on some of Brazil’s poorest citizens.

“The traffickers are doing this because the government is absent. The authorities are blind to us,” one resident told the Guardian.

A report in the Rio newspaper Extra said gang members with loudhailers were moving around City of God telling its 40,000 residents: “We are imposing a curfew because nobody is taking [coronavirus] seriously. It’s best to stay at home and chill. The message has been given.”

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

View attachment 34505

Look at the numbers a little more closely. 60 million have the potential to be infected in the UK. 20% of them will need hospital care. ..so 80% don't ... Sounds good?. ..
But that's 12 million people in need of hospital beds for this complaint alone. ..Let alone all the other conditions which needs beds, hearts, anurysims , child birth, . Those conditions don't just go away...
With good care, adaquete ventilators , oxygen , maybe 10% of the 20% ,will die. With less good care it might be 20% of the 20% ...Somewhere north of 1.2 million ,maybe 3 million.
Since the normal death rate is about 0.75 million per year, ,that trebling it or even Six fold increases.. Do you think that is sustainable?.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we follow the same path as Italy and Spain.
Do you want to see the NHS on its knees in just 10 days time? 15% of their staff may contract the disease while caring for others plus 10% in self isolation, 4% may die of it.
Life will slowly get back to normal in a few months when people can be tested for antibodies.
I know somebody who works as an ICU nurse in Southend General. They are ready but she is very scared for herself and her family.

Advertisers