Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
We went on Black River tour in Jamaica.. It starts at estuary mouth and goes upstream to visit Croc sites etc. Guide would often say to"white"folk... Don't you put your hands in... Then wait for inevitable question..
"Charlie thinks your hands are chicken"...
Charlie was a 15ft Croc..
He wouldn't need to say that to me!

Do we taste like chicken to crocodiles?

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
RIP King Phillip.

I always liked his one-liners and abrasive quick witted remarks.

I remember fondly doing the Duke of Edinburgh awards scheme too. Great fun in the summer holidays.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
RIP King Phillip.

I remember fondly doing the Duke of Edinburgh awards scheme too. Great fun in the summer holidays.
I'm pleased for him that he has release at last. I think the palace and medics were trying far too hard to get him past 100 at the cost of additional suffering.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
RIP King Phillip.

And a sad blow for the Queen indeed
I hope for both his and the Queen's sake, he really did pass away peacefully.
This is the way I would like to go, and I feel sure we all do.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Apparently Philip said a few years ago if he was reincarnated he wanted to come back as a virus and help over population..??!! Rather timely...
I liked his none PC attitude..

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Just watched this entire video. The man is an inspiration. An ex-policeman.
How little I knew before this....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The BBC do annoy me, they've done exactly the same for Prince Phillips death as they did for Diana's death.

They've turned over BBC1, BBC2, The BBC News Channel and BBC Radio 4 to a non stop special news program through to dawn tomorrow about Phillips death.

That is totally over the top and unnecessary. One of those channels non-stop and the news on the other channels maybe, but the whole lot doing the identical thing with non-stop repetition through to tomorrow is ridiculous.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I hope we aren’t heading for soppy days involving a public outpouring of grief for King Phillip. The man was 99, he’s had a very long life. I don’t think I can tolerate a week of Images of people blubbering on every news bulletin.
Fully agree, it was bad enough with Diana..

It seems he nearly made it, actually 99 years and 10 months at death. Maybe in view of his record of service we should consider that as officially a 100 years life for the records, showing the remaining two months as a sabbatical.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
The BBC do annoy me, they've done exactly the same for Prince Phillips death as they did for Diana's death.

They've turned over BBC1, BBC2, The BBC News Channel and BBC Radio 4 to a non stop special news program through to dawn tomorrow about Phillips death.

That is totally over the top and unnecessary. One of those channels non-stop and the news on the other channels maybe, but the whole lot doing the identical thing with non-stop repetition through to tomorrow is ridiculous.
It wouldn’t be so bad if the coverage was autobiographical. The news channels just focus on the irrational emotions of the public.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

ITV is also scheduling lots of related programming.

Pretty bad when you have to start thinking "Thank goodness for Dave"...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apparently Philip said a few years ago if he was reincarnated he wanted to come back as a virus and help over population..??!! Rather timely...
I liked his none PC attitude..
Actually he was prone to saying the first thing that came into his head

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/04/prince-philip-most-famous-comments-and-clangers

Perhaps his attitude was due to dementia?
This lovely quote rather suggests that

"“I declare this thing open, whatever it is.” (on a visit to Canada in 1969)
This one even Boris couldn't do, but Jesus will love it
“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.” (at a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
EMA investigates J&J covid vaccine link to blood clots.
The J&J vaccine uses also an adenovirus (ad26) as a vector.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I suggested above that in view of his life of service and having lived for 99 years and 10 months that Prince Philip could be officially regarded as making it to 100.

There's a neat way this could be achieved, especially as his actual date of birth is muddled:

"Prince Philip of Greece was born on 10 June 1921 on the island of Corfu. His birth certificate shows the date as 28 May 1921, as Greece had not then adopted the Gregorian calendar."

If he were to be posthumously given an official birthday like the Queen has, and that made 9th April, his official age at death would then be 100 years.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I hope we aren’t heading for soppy days involving a public outpouring of grief for King Phillip. The man was 99, he’s had a very long life. I don’t think I can tolerate a week of Images of people blubbering on every news bulletin.
Excellent timing for Johnson and NI though! better than a Royal Sprog

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I suggested above that in view of his life of service and having lived for 99 years and 10 months that Prince Phillip could be officially regarded as making it to 100.

There's a neat way this coiuld be achieved, especially as his actual date of birth is muddled:

"Prince Philip of Greece was born on 10 June 1921 on the island of Corfu. His birth certificate shows the date as 28 May 1921, as Greece had not then adopted the Gregorian calendar."

If he were to be posthumously given an official birthday like the Queen has, and that made 9th May, his official age at death would then be 100 years.
She could send him a telegram
I'm not going to say how

Advertisers