Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Works for Park authority...(allotment experience?) And yes plenty of misdeeds along way.

Seen reports Charlie Drake has banned the words"Brexit" and "Her Majesty"..
Could make this thread awkward.. If the insanity spreads to England.. Could be lies to discredit Charlie I suppose.
What does banning the words, Brexit and Her Majesty mean? If the words are banned there must be a penalty for saying them. What’s the **** going to do? Thrash people with leeks and daffodils? Although I agree with some of his past covid policies, he’s starting to act like a **** now.

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Works for Park authority...(allotment experience?) And yes plenty of misdeeds along way.

Seen reports Charlie Drake has banned the words"Brexit" and "Her Majesty"..
Could make this thread awkward.. If the insanity spreads to England.. Could be lies to discredit Charlie I suppose.
Helping or harming anyone leaves you vulnerable to attack... Sun Tzu (I think), from his mass-scrollback bestseller.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What does banning the words, Brexit and Her Majesty mean? If the words are banned there must be a penalty for saying them. What’s the **** going to do? Thrash people with leeks and daffodils? Although I agree with some of his past covid policies, he’s starting to act like a **** now.
At least last I read, NI, S & W all have tests available, while E has severe supply issues. The NYE events that require tests might yet be undermined in E.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
At least last I read, NI, S & W all have tests available, while E has severe supply issues. The NYE events that require tests might yet be undermined in E.
It’a not only testing kits that are missing, the Prime Minister has gone missing too. Has anyone seen him?

I’ve got grave doubts about shortening isolation to five days. I think the Prime Minister needs to explain what new medical evidence has emerged. It sounds like a mill owner’s charter to abuse staff.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
For info only..
Just returned from grandson's football tournament. Indoor but plastic grass pitch on soil substitute. About 10 local teams. (Xmas fun tournament) No checks on way in, no limit on spectators, no spectators in masks, no distancing.
Went to same event last year, had to down load NHS app with Tand T details, get a code from organisers (RUFC), check in, 1 Spectator per child. Mask compulsory and areas clearly marked for social distancing with a steward(in a mask) checking rules followed...?
Bit different to this year. Absolutely nothing.
He scored his penalty and team came second. Great event for kids. Real education. (he got hit in face with ball, very hard, made his nose bleed. Never moaned once, just kept going, ran to me for a tissue a few moments later. Bit different to premiere league players. They, d lay down for 10 mins.. Kids often show us adults up.
It's not just football kids learn at football.

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
For info only..
Just returned from grandson s fottball tournament. Indoor but plastic grass pitch on soil substitute. About 10 local teams. (Xmas fun tournament) No checks on way in, no limit on spectators, no spectators in masks, no distancing.
Went to same event last year, had to down load NHS app with Tand T details, get a code from organisers (RUFC), check in, 1 Spectator per child. Mask compulsory and areas clearly marked for social distancing with a steward(in a mask) checking rules followed...?
Bit different to this year. Absolutely nothing.
I'm pleased to learn this, very sensible. Some might pick up omicron but it won't do them any of them harm especially not the children.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I'm pleased to learn this, very sensible. Some might pick up omicron but it won't do them any of them harm especially not the children.
Was reading yesterday, can't remember where, that over half of current covid infections are folk hospitalised for other issues but hospital screens for Covid... And picks them up.
Unfortunately, I wonder if the old adage about first casualty of war is truth applies tho. We, ve been at war with Covid for approaching 3 years now. Seems truth and accurate reporting we're infected and died months ago.???
I do agree tho Flecc, we really should get on with things now but make sure investment in NHS reaches point we could cope whatever threats materialise. SW did have a point, are many of our measures against Covid to hide inherent frailties within NHS? Shouldn't be like that.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
SW did have a point, are many of our measures against Covid to hide inherent frailties within NHS? Shouldn't be like that.
I've been making the same point. That the exaggerations of both Covid seriousness and the OTT protection measures are just selling us the line that Covid is to blame, when in truth it's running the NHS down to a parlous state that has caused our medical capacity problems.

It's politically a handy line since it also helps hide the truth of the damage that Brexit has caused us, again letting Covid share the blame.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I've been making the same point. That the exaggerations of both Covid seriousness and the OTT protection measures are just selling us the line that Covid is to blame, when in truth it's running the NHS down to a parlous state that has caused our medical capacity problems.

It's politically a handy line since it also helps hide the truth of the damage that Brexit has caused us, again letting Covid share the blame.
Flecc. The word Brexit is banned. Totally agreed tho...but it does make you wonder how big NHS as got to be to be totally fit for purpose. Not sure I believe its already Europe's biggest employer... (but don't quote me, was half listening to some programme yesterday)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc. The word Brexit is banned. Totally agreed tho...but it does make you wonder how big NHS as got to be to be totally fit for purpose. Not sure I believe its already Europe's biggest employer... (but don't quote me, was half listening to some programme yesterday)
It's true, it is the biggest employer in Europe with 1.3 million employees, almost 2% of the entire UK population of any age.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You are being lied to

There was the example of the video about Liverpool Primary Care ICU being full of young Covid patients who hadn't been vaccinated. I immediately condemned that as an obviously constructed lying propaganda film.

There is no such ICU, no Liverpool hospital having an ICU of that name. The name Liverpool Primary Care belongs to a group of nine GP surgeries providing the usual doctor's services. The clues were obvious in the video, the emotively expressed commentary while showing doctors looking at records, clearly trying to influence expectations before showing the beds. Then the images of the patients in beds so heavily fuzzed out they could have been window dummies or pigs carcases. All previous videos we've seen of ICUs have clearly shown patients with masking and ventilators, so why not this one? See above, to hide the lie.

We are also being subjected to vague statements of ICUs in general being entirely or 80% occupied by people who are unvaccinated, none of them giving any verifiable evidence. But now we do have a verifiable case. Yorkshire's hospitals have issued data showing that 42.9 % of their Omicron occupied ICU beds are occupied by unvaccinated patients. Of course that means that 57.1% are occupied by vaccinated patients. So much for vaccination preventing hospitalisation.

And of course there is all the scaremongering about ICUs about to be overwhelmed. Strange that only yesterday the news announced that London's hardest hit area with Omicron and the worst in the country was well within their ICU capacity. That of course is very inconvenient since London has a very low vaccination rate, far, far lower than the rest of the country so hardly selling the line that the vaccines are saving us, especially since London's Covid death rate is lower.

So why the lies? I've spelt it out once before but here it is again. From bringing us Brexit, through his spell as foreign secretary to his premiership, Boris Johnson has been an unmitigated disaster, and he knows it. The only thing he might have going for him to save his skin is the vaccines being a great success.

Trouble is that in truth, they haven't been. Up until Covid we all knew that we had vaccinations to prevent us catching the diseases in question, but of course the Covid vaccines still leave us liable to catch Covid and spread it. So that inconvenient fact triggered the first lie, that the main purpose of a vaccine was to prevent us suffering as badly if we did catch Covid.

As the vaccine coverage expanded, that's been often followed by easing lockdowns to emphasis how well the vaccine are doing, such as now with a refusal to lockdown before the new year. And of course the booster campaign is another way of convincing that it's the vaccines that are saving us. This despite clear evidence that the current Omicron variant is now dominant and nothing like the threat that the original Covid-19 or Delta variant were, plus the fact that the vaccines don't even begin to prevent us catching Omicron.

I am not an anti-vaxxer and have had both jabs and the booster, so I firmly believe we all should do the same. But we should all also have a healthy degree of scepticism regarding anything this government or even their experts say. Even their own data tools show that they lie when it suits. It's what politicians and their minions do, and not just for parties.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You are being lied to

There was the example of the video about Liverpool Primary Care ICU being full of young Covid patients who hadn't been vaccinated. I immediately condemned that as an obviously constructed lying propaganda film.

There is no such ICU, no Liverpool hospital having an ICU of that name. The name Liverpool Primary Care belongs to a group of nine GP surgeries providing the usual doctor's services. The clues were obvious in the video, the emotively expressed commentary while showing doctors looking at records, clearly trying to influence expectations before showing the beds. Then the images of the patients in beds so heavily fuzzed out they could have been window dummies or pigs carcases. All previous videos we've seen of ICUs have clearly shown patients with masking and ventilators, so why not this one? See above, to hide the lie.

We are also being subjected to vague statements of ICUs in general being entirely or 80% occupied by people who are unvaccinated, none of them giving any verifiable evidence. But now we do have a verifiable case. Yorkshire's hospitals have issued data showing that 42.9 % of their Omicron occupied ICU beds are occupied by unvaccinated patients. Of course that means that 57.1% are occupied by vaccinated patients. So much for vaccination preventing hospitalisation.

And of course there is all the scaremongering about ICUs about to be overwhelmed. Strange that only yesterday the news announced that London's hardest hit area with Omicron and the worst in the country was well within their ICU capacity. That of course is very inconvenient since London has a very low vaccination rate, far, far lower than the rest of the country so hardly selling the line that the vaccines are saving us, especially since London's Covid death rate is lower.

So why the lies? I've spelt it out once before but here it is again. From bringing us Brexit, through his spell as foreign secretary to his premiership, Boris Johnson has been an unmitigated disaster, and he knows it. The only thing he might have going for him to save his skin is the vaccines being a great success.

Trouble is that in truth, they haven't been. Up until Covid we all knew that we had vaccinations to prevent us catching the diseases in question, but of course the Covid vaccines still leave us liable to catch Covid and spread it. So that inconvenient fact triggered the first lie, that the main purpose of a vaccine was to prevent us suffering as badly if we did catch Covid.

As the vaccine coverage expanded, that's been often followed by easing lockdowns to emphasis how well the vaccine are doing, such as now with a refusal to lockdown before the new year. And of course the booster campaign is another way of convincing that it's the vaccines that are saving us. This despite clear evidence that the current Omicron variant is now dominant and nothing like the threat that the original Covid-19 or Delta variant were, plus the fact that the vaccines don't even begin to prevent us catching Omicron.

I am not an anti-vaxxer and have had both jabs and the booster, so I firmly believe we all should do the same. But we should all also have a healthy degree of scepticism regarding anything this government of even their experts say. Even their own data tools show that they lie when it suits. It's what politicians and their minions do, and not just for parties.
In a roundabout way think you, ll find I was saying a similar thing, in that Boris' saving proclamation would be his Booster programme's victory over Omicron.
Weeks ago, and I said as such on here, all reports including data and word of mouth from front line in SA was that Omicron simply wasn't the disease Delta was. Average stay in hospital was way down, death rate well down and ICU occupation for Omicron rare.
The narritive here was UK was an older population with less exposure to Delta infection,arguing we were somehow in a worse situation than SA was with its lower standard of living, poorer diet, cramped living, high social deprivation, high HIV, fewer hospitals, fewer doctors etc etc etc.. And a 90% black population, whom we have been told all along suffer more seriously..Seemed rather an admission we had done terribly if we were in a worse position than SA to face Omicron. But that was never questioned by Labour, Starmer, Media or even us??? There was simply an assumption Omicron would be terrible and by nearly every one.
Said at time our medics had to play safe, err on safe side... But Tories played oldest trick in book.
Build up the enemies strength to such a point when subdued the Victor recieves credit way beyond that deserved.
Now, 3 weeks later our UK data is saying exactly same.. Surprise, surprise.
Media, Labour and much of public went along with it. Boris' saves day by not locking down. Boris' boosters save the day..
I, m not sure it's worked. Suspect many have seen through it.
On the Liverpool ICU, think I gave it name Liverpool Primary care. Saw video and wasn't sure of which hospital it was. Assumed it came under primary care. (ours does in Rotherham)
I do suspect ICUs are stretched tho, and predominantly unvaccinated... But also suspect that would be case with or without Omicron.
As I said earlier, first casualty of war???

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
i have plenty of them not like you spending 247 posting on here only flecc has more posts than you, do you even own a ebike lol.
I realise that you aren't very bright, but in fact I have TWO Ebikes a converted Brompton and an Excellent "Big Bear" bought from Woosh over a year ago, which I ride every day.

When you grow up, remember to put you name on the list for an implant.
By then they will have conquered the immense problems associated with Brain Implants, and the good news, in your case, you can retain the present one in a corner somewhere, it can't be occupying a large volume. :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I realise that you aren't very bright, but in fact I have TWO Ebikes a converted Brompton and an Excellent "Big Bear" bought from Woosh over a year ago, which I ride every day.

When you grow up, remember to put you name on the list for an implant.
By then they will have conquered the immense problems associated with Brain Implants, and the good news, in your case, you can retain the present one in a corner somewhere, it can't be occupying a large volume. :D
i dont need one as i have not been brain washed to take something i do not need or ever will and to stay in my box as i am told, and im still not dead :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
You have SW... Just by a different group..
i follow the guidance set buy science from the start and it says.

Status of COVID-19
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK. There are many diseases which can cause serious illness which are not classified as HCIDs.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

British
brainwashing
corporation

now go and get some more boost or you end up in icu! :p

Advertisers