Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Now, now, the two of you can't abandon us like that.
People reveal themselves when stressed: I get the distinct impression Zlatan is a well brought up gentleman seeking truth.

I was chatting with the wife the other day about the recent discovery that leprosy, which is hosted in the livers of armadillos, help the organism to regenerate new, healthy, functional liver. To of course consume, so not entirely altruistically. But from a scientific point of view it puts regenerating ones organs, eternal life, within reach. If we can unravel the mechanism (a big if). Then we realised we were also talking about relationships, the way they can be ambiguous, ambivalent. Just saying, one never know where things might take one..
It's too darn cold to go slow jogging... even while wearing merino wool thermal underwear. Arteries are narrower when starting out cold, in the cold. I'd only do it after thoroughly warming the core first. Weirdly, the weather is forecast to become warm again in about three days. It's a long growing season this year, which I wish I'd planned for...

Your analogy juxstaposing leprosy and marriage, positively wrapped within the context of regeneration, I have no idea what to make of, but's it's certainly true that parts of relationships do tend to rot and drop off unexpectedly. Which reminds me of a joke: What did the leper say to the prostitute?

Keep the tip.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
latest brexit polls: 32% brexit was right, 56% brexit was wrong, 12% undecided. That's the largest margin I've seen since the vote.
Over the last weekend, some government insiders claimed that government is considering a swiss style deal with the EU. By Sunday, the rumours were squashed, so brexiters are still running this government. Starmer can relax.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Over the last weekend, some government insiders claimed that government is considering a swiss style deal with the EU.
I don't know how anyone got that crackpot idea, obviously ignorance. The Swiss deal was totally dependent on them accepting complete freedom of movement. When they tried to duck out of that committment the EU gave them a nasty shock when they told them it would lose their whole deal, all 120 trade agreements.

The short bit of a radio program detailing that was what I opened this long thread with:

Here's the link

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
latest brexit polls: 32% brexit was right, 56% brexit was wrong, 12% undecided. That's the largest margin I've seen since the vote.
Over the last weekend, some government insiders claimed that government is considering a swiss style deal with the EU. By Sunday, the rumours were squashed, so brexiters are still running this government. Starmer can relax.
The Director General or something in the CBI gave an opening speech on Sky this morning...he was setting the scene for Sunak ... . Well it's a long time since I heard such a well structured argument

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
@oyster - what did your neighbours think about their wall restructuring and garden makeover by loose-cannon car? They must have returned by now.
They had been contacted so knew all about it. Work is planned but all through them - they have spokenw ith me. But the person who did still not!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
They had been contacted so knew all about it. Work is planned but all through them - they have spokenw ith me. But the person who did still not!
I wondered where you'd got to - perhaps monitoring the car and as a wise precaution, letting down the tyres whenever they were seen inflated.

But the person who did still not!
You lot dreamt it all of course. Invisible Welsh dragons strike again. :eek:

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Regulation will kill crypto - I know a few people depending upon and (previously) living off it's rising value. Most seem to be holding on.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Most seem to be holding on.
that's very risky. It's like a falling knife. You don't have to catch it rightaway if your pockets are very deep.
Crypto relies on cheap money. While money is cheap, financial institutions may put large sums into them but that is no longer true for at least a decade.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0312_03.JPG

as soon as i started prying the batt out and bent it i smelt the electrolyte and fkn ripped it out of there asap as still trying to explode lol took me a fkn hr to cut he fkn back off with no damage but at leat all the screws are the same size :p

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The Daily Fail has hit a new level of idiocy today with their headline “a bleak glimpse of what life could be like under Labour” when reporting on the forthcoming rail strikes.

So the Fail is trying to convince us that precisely what is happening now, under a Conservative government that actually is in power, is what would happen if the party who aren’t in power were in power.

That newspaper is dangerous because a big chunk of the U.K. population is thick enough to buy into this horseshit.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Those polls count for nothing. Little people aren’t allowed to reconsider a situation by assessing fresh evidence. That’s a job for our betters. Now remove your cap, bow you head and get back in line.

Who do you think you are coming on here with facts and hard evidence? That’s not how it works in the UK. If someone with a plumby voice, like Jacob Rees Mogg’s, tells you Brexit is going to deliver a goodness filled wonderful future, you believe it, regardless of what your eyes and ears are telling you.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
View attachment 49589

as soon as i started prying the batt out and bent it i smelt the electrolyte and fkn ripped it out of there asap as still trying to explode lol took me a fkn hr to cut he fkn back off with no damage but at leat all the screws are the same size :p
I often don't get full advertised capacity of a replacement phone battery, until charging and fully discharging first time.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I often don't get full advertised capacity of a replacement phone battery, until charging and fully discharging first time.
Took my Giant Fathom (500wh) about a dozen charges before I saw it hit 100%..Initially took it back saying it wouldn't charge above 97%,they did diagnostics and insisted it was fine. I didn't believe them but they have been proven correct. It reads 100% after charging now. (that first 1% lasts about 2 mins on bike tho, but bike's range is fine. (about 10% better in summer months tho)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i had to charge and drain my new 500w bosch batt to get the most out of it but after 7 years that phone batt was ready to let rip :p

and pat is on strike so no batt till Monday :rolleyes:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Wilko Johnson, guitarist, died today age 75. He regularly popped into PMT (professional music technology) next door to us.
RiP.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney and tillson

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Wilko Johnson, guitarist, died today age 75. He regularly popped into PMT (professional music technology) next door to us.
RiP.

Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers