Broke downBafang 250w 36v rear Hub

Fahadisback

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Hi,
I have electric bike Bafang 36v 250w rear hub, but hub's bearing is broken and I can't find new bearing
I tried to find new motor too but not successful
Right now I am getting same 250w 36v motor but its front wheel not the rear wheel.
My question is
Can I put motor in front wheel with the same old wiring, would that work?
Also I see some other companies hub motors with same wiring(9 pin face), so can I put another companies hub to this existing controller?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can use any motor with the 9-pin connector. AFAIK, all 9-pin connectors are wired with the same phase and hall wire sequence. Some controllers look for a specific connection sequence that isn't standard, though they're not so common these days. In the worst case, you have to adjust the connection sequence by cutting and joining the wires.

Which bearing do you need? the designation will be written on it. I've always found them on Ebay for a very low price. The last one I replaced was a 6901RS.

Fahadisback

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2019
I don't know which one will fit to the motor.
My motor is Bafang rear wheel 28 700c
I don't know how to check the bearing size as old one is completely broken.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How do you know that the bearing is broken?

It's very easy to replace bearings. Show us some photos of your motor if you want to know how.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't know which one will fit to the motor.
My motor is Bafang rear wheel 28 700c
I don't know how to check the bearing size as old one is completely broken.
Bearings are easy to replace once you have the right one. The bearing casing has a seal on both sides and it has the bearing size embossed, use a magnifying glass to read it.
Which bearing is it and a pictures of the bearing /location and hub motor.
I have replaced bearings in my Bafang hubs, a front BPM and a rear CST.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bafang SWX02 hub that's the easy bit.
You need to remove the face plate if it is the end plate bearing that is worn or rough.
Once the bearing can clearly bee seen wipe the face clean and there should be a part number embossed on the seal.
It will read somewhere along the lines like 6002rs or 6904rs, it has to be correct so just don't buy anyone, once you know the number order from ebay.