Burisch offroad electric bike, new for £649 on ebay

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Good question, which deserves a good answer. Here it is:

You adjust the current by taking the end-plate off the controller, and adding a bit of solder to the shunt. Without a wattmeter, about 30% of the length of the shunt will give a 30% increase in the current from 15 to 20 amps, which gives a corresponding increase in climbing torque at the expense of running out your battery more quickly. You can decrease the current by filing or crimping groves in the shunt. Both methods are often used by the factories. It's very common to see that your shunt has already been altered.

Here's one I did earlier:

Before

After

Now that is what I call a good answer!

Thanks Davey/David/Dave.

I'm wondering if the controller I have on there at the moment is subject to such modifications. Me thinks I will get my screwdriver out and see if I can see a shunt-looking thing like that inside it. And if I do next I will go searching for my soldering iron.

As I was saying to the GF last week if you dont use a metal file at least weekly you need to get a life (which is sort of similar to using a screwdriver AND a soldering iron in the same day).

She gave me one of those looks and tottered off to make some tea if memory serves me right.

Reactions: bigroy

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
Hi just wanted to say hello... I just purchased a Burisch 250 from Ryan through my C2W Scheme and it arrived today :)
It is a great bit of kit but I must warn you I have not ridden a bike for 20 years!!! I just took it for it's first run and managed 3 miles without even breaking a sweat oh and I weight well above the MAX 100Kg limit ha-ha

I had the bike delivered to my local shop and be warned with the 10% C2W take you won't get much change from a grand :(

I just done a mixture of steep hills and flats and it coped pretty well the throttle works flat out to 15mph easy on a flat but obviously will not power me up hills, you have to remove the white wire underneath the bike like others have said for the throttle to work otherwise it's limited to walking pace, but it can shift my 110kg so I'm happy.

I have taken a few pictures and it is a very nice looking bike, and feels pretty sturdy, only time will tell but just wanted to say I am in the club now lol.

If you want me to put some pics on just yell..

flapajack

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2013
Hi just wanted to say hello... I just purchased a Burisch 250 from Ryan through my C2W Scheme and it arrived today :)
It is a great bit of kit but I must warn you I have not ridden a bike for 20 years!!! I just took it for it's first run and managed 3 miles without even breaking a sweat oh and I weight well above the MAX 100Kg limit ha-ha

I had the bike delivered to my local shop and be warned with the 10% C2W take you won't get much change from a grand :(
Which C2W scheme did you use? My company uses Cyclescheme and the last time I enquired was told that they do not accept C2W vouchers.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
Hi Flapjack, my company uses the normal C2W Scheme but Ryan <Burisch> is not able to send the bike out as it can only be sold by shops, so I asked Ryan to find me a local shop who would buy the bike and I worked out a price with the shop. Obviously the cost is more as C2W want 10% of the price plus the shop need a little profit and money for setting the bike up so I managed to get the Bike plus setup which was pretty thorough and a Kryptonite D Lock for a grand.

flapajack

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2013
Ah ok. That is a nice way round the problem.

I initially look at a few makes and most would not accept Cyclescheme. Not surprising really considering they want a % of the sale price with no upper limit. 10% on a couple of hundred £ is reasonable but on a £1000 this can be most (if not all) of the profit margins. Someone really should be having discussion with these C2W schemes as they are effectively killing off ebikes as an options under C2W, which could do wonders for the image and usage.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
Ah ok. That is a nice way round the problem.

I initially look at a few makes and most would not accept Cyclescheme. Not surprising really considering they want a % of the sale price with no upper limit. 10% on a couple of hundred £ is reasonable but on a £1000 this can be most (if not all) of the profit margins. Someone really should be having discussion with these C2W schemes as they are effectively killing off ebikes as an options under C2W, which could do wonders for the image and usage.
You are right.. I think it's terrible taking 10% as the bikes are already expensive. I really wanted the Burisch so as I am paying for it monthly I don't mind the extra but it will hinder others who really want a bike :(

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Well boys and girls............ I just bought one! :) So far........ I like it lots!

Main points are as follows:

1) Its light - on my scales its 20.5kg including battery
2) Its fast! Not sure how fast as I dont have a speedo on it but it feels way over 15mph......
3) Quality is good and bad. Brakes look cheap - the levers I mean - I may well swap them - otherwise the paint is a beautiful white and everything works very well.
4) Geering is too low - I already just put a 44T chain ring on the front - it comes with a 42T - that may not be enough and I may have to go up to 46 or 48? We shall see.
5) Battery is charging right now - it came with only a bit of juice but still got me about 8 miles - I am expecting 25-30 once its charged fully - will report about this.

So......... compared with my Oxygen (I have an e-mate which I really like btw) you can see how come its half the price (btw I did check with people here who promised me you are allowed to have more than one electric bike - Flecc and others confirmed this in fact it would appear that some here have even more than two! So this is my number 2 and there may be more) - back to the comparison...

The Oxygen reeks of quality - and its solid - this Burisch you must remember is indeed half the price - so you cant be too critical of things like lower quality parts - but it does show in places - but boy does it go!

Oh another thing - the Oxygen's sensor/controller really does take note of how hard you're peddaling and help you appropriate to that - the Busisch seems to give you full speed ahead no matter how little you peddle! Like even peddaling very gently it suddenly comes in all full power and shoosh you're flying! Plus the power seems to come in a little later too (on the B) - I think the Oxygen system is more refined - but I'm not complaining - I had a Yamaha R1 before this (which I am no longer allowed to ride please dont ask) - so anything with lots of oomph is good for me.

The guy who sells them - Ryan - nice guy - South African straight up kind of guy - met him at his house in Borhamwood (you can go to the warehouse in Luton but that was further for me) and he built it up for me - looks like he's running a decent business and I felt I could trust him right off - anything goes wrong he says no problem we will sort it out.

Not sure what else to say - the battery is on charge - I have not tried it yet with the 44T chain ring but will report when I do - I have a feeling I will have to go even higher but we shall see.

James.
Hello James,

I hope that all is good with you, but please let me give you one good piece of advice, always remember this, just because someone invites you to their house/home does not always mean that there are a nice or genuine person.

James I am not undermining your way or level of judgement, but always be a step ahead of the game there are lots of dishonest people out there. Hope that you'll enjoy riding your new bike. We need more good updates from you. I hate thieves and crooks, very tiny white lies once in a while are not too bad, providing that it doesn't cause any harm on the recipient.:)

MS.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
Hello James,

I hope that all is good with you, but please let me give you one good piece of advice, always remember this, just because someone invites you to their house/home does not always mean that there are a nice or genuine person.

James I am not undermining your way or level of judgement, but always be a step ahead of the game there are lots of dishonest people out there. Hope that you'll enjoy riding your new bike. We need more good updates from you. I hate thieves and crooks, very tiny white lies once in a while are not too bad, providing that it doesn't cause any harm on the recipient.:)

MS.
Is this a joke post? ....?

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Wondering why you are questioning his judgement? and is this thread the place to be doing it?
Wondering why you are questioning his judgement? and is this thread the place to be doing it?
Listen here why are you taking this to heart and personal as if I was directly attacking you. Is James a son of yours, can he not speak for himself or have I just hit upon a good nerve or something? Don't you dare jump on to me again and telling me what to write and where to go. If you had manners like flapajack we will not be having this unpleasant conversation. So please think properly first before you jump into the deep end. Now, this case is closed so lets move on from this.

MS.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
Listen here why are you taking this to heart and personal as if I was directly attacking you. Is James a son of yours, can he not speak for himself or have I just hit upon a good nerve or something? Don't you dare jump on to me again and telling me what to write and where to go. If you had manners like flapajack we will not be having this unpleasant conversation. So please think properly first before you jump into the deep end. Now, this case is closed so lets move on from this.

MS.
You are not contributing nothing towards the discussion regarding the topic of this thread, which is the Burisch Synergy 250 E Bike, have you had problems with Burisch in the past? if so please contribute... otherwise find another thread to TROLL your crap.. Maybe use a private message to explain to James your concerns with him visiting Ryan Burisch's house.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Did you had some bad experience with the Burisch bike/dealer?
Thanks for asking flapajack, I've not had one bad experience with the Burisch ebike or any Burisch dealer of any kind. For a matter of fact I have not even seen this lovely looking bike up and close but only via pictures on here or on Ebay. I am also curious to find out what this bike is about and how it performs.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
You are not contributing nothing towards the discussion regarding the topic of this thread, which is the Burisch Synergy 250 E Bike, have you had problems with Burisch in the past? if so please contribute... otherwise find another thread to TROLL your crap.. Maybe use a private message to explain to James your concerns with him visiting Ryan Burisch's house.
Listen, i would have respected you much more if you came back to me and said that you were James' father and also told me that you where actually Ryan.
Am i hitting a second nerve now? Relax and take it easy my dare friend it's not worth it.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I am not after your respect, this isn't parliament, all I would like is a decent discussion about the Bike the op created this thread for.
I don't care if you respect me or not, to be honest I still have no respect for the way you are behaving, if you like to have a decent discussion with someone let me give you one piece of advice think before you attack like a bully. I also hate bullies. Please try not to hit a third nerve now.

MS.

Willber G

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2014
Southampton
I don't care if you respect me or not, to be honest I still have no respect for the way you are behaving, if you like to have a decent discussion with someone let me give you one piece of advice think before you attack like a bully. I also hate bullies. Please try not to hit a third nerve now.

MS.
Good grief, give it a rest.