Can anyone point me in the direction unlock a oxygen s cross mk11 mtb

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Wonder if some one can help and either by pm if better , yes I understand the laws and restrictions regards 15.5mph but I’d like to unlock the power increase that il use for off road usage only or on private land many thanks simon forgot to add 2020 bike

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
At one time the speed restriction was a simple enough user setting on the display.

Might have changed on 2020 bikes.

Bear in mind you won't get any extra power, but the motor will assist above 15.5mph so you will notice a difference.

Reactions: Simonwwfc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The motor is quite pokey.

I thought it had a bit more grunt than my Bosch bikes.

Some owners have got 24/25mph out of them, but I suspect you would need to be fairly light to get that.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Oxydrive kit used the same components a few years ago and 24.5 mph was possible in the highest assist mode #18, it had three power/current levels and each level had six speed levels.
If you use the search feature you might fins an older thread with the derestriction info, though things might have changed a bit now to be more compliant.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
I used this ... LINK ... as an experiment, but reverted back to factory settings mainly because if used constantly at higher setting you lose out on range.
Many thanks with the secret two digit numbers I’ve read about is it always 12 thanks appreciate the help I’ve upgraded to 17ah batt

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
As far as I know yes, it's the same.

My bike is a MK 1 version, but looking at the Oxygen website piccies for the MK 2, the On/Off switch and the LCD look the same, as does the User Instruction you can download.

It's a pity Oxygen don't have a Support section for earlier models on their website, but maybe they don't need one if the Mk 1 & MK 2 are electrically identical.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Many thanks again just waiting for it to arrive today , any info on fitting the thumb throttle

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Many thanks again just waiting for it to arrive today , any info on fitting the thumb throttle
It all depends on where it's preferential for you, and the length of cable.
I've fitted it on the left and right, push forward for forward and turned it over to reverse the action!!!

Look at these posts ... HERE ... and ... AND HERE ... to appreciate where/why I've re-positioned the throttle a few times.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
It all depends on where it's preferential for you, and the length of cable.
I've fitted it on the left and right, push forward for forward and turned it over to reverse the action!!!

Look at these posts ... HERE ... and ... AND HERE ... to appreciate where/why I've re-positioned the throttle a few times.
thanks for help I’m gonna give it a go tomorrow fitting the thumb throttle control on right hand side

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
thanks for help I’m gonna give it a go tomorrow fitting the thumb throttle control on right hand side
Did you manage to fit the thumb throttle ok & also manage to speed things up a bit via the LCD unit.

Going to order an Oxygen MTB MK II probably next week, because of me arthritic creaky knees I will need a throttle to help get me going, still love getting out on a bike but the years of wear & tear on my knees is making it difficult. Not that bothered about making it go faster as I like to soak up the countryside while out but the throttle is pretty essential for me particularly on a hill or slope starting off.

I know throttle is thumb but is a twist type available does anyone know ?

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Just unlock the speed restriction on lcd screen and you won’t need the thumb throttle pas is more than enough

• Disagree
Reactions: robert44