Change of PSI changed my biking life!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they do work but expensive for what they are and some tubeless sealant does not like co2 but better than a tiny pump.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
I was just thinking that they are small and neat to pack for an emergency. I don't use gloop in the tubes so poor interaction would not be an issue. Are they single use only? I really must inspect them more closely.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
In addition to all the win-win benefits already mentioned, you'll be getting much better tyre wear with the tyre properly pumped up.

A good hand pump can easily manage 80psi with a bit of time; a track pump is much better. I was lucky with a metal barrel £7.99 one in TKMaxx.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As I lurk around various bike shops, (including the notorious Halfords), I keep seeing those sinister looking gas canisters for tyre inflation. Any good for emergency use on an ebike with 40mm tyres and schraeder valves, or are they best suited for skinny road bikes?
I've kept one on my 20" wheel folder, having fairly fat tyres. One cylinder pumps one enough from flat to ride home, but to get right up to pressure or for larger wheels, two cylinders are necessary.

The speed is impressive, the tyre inflating instantly.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
As I lurk around various bike shops, (including the notorious Halfords), I keep seeing those sinister looking gas canisters for tyre inflation. Any good for emergency use on an ebike with 40mm tyres and schraeder valves, or are they best suited for skinny road bikes?
Emergency use? Unless you are in a race they would just seem to be a waste of money and incredibly environmentally unfriendly. A cheap dual action pump will have you from flat to 60PSI in 2-3minutes - what's the rush? And 40mm wide ebike tyres shouldn't exactly punture very often - if they do just get Marathon Pluses and be done with it...