Cube Cross Hybrid Pro 625 AllRoad

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
The end of this particular chapter for me...
The allroad is booked in this Friday for a service...
For sale next week.
New steed is a Cube Stereo 140R ...
I've added the mudguards...
When you say "end of this particular chapter ..."
Do you mean "I've finished riding on roads, and now am going to go full out mountain biking!"

I ask out of curiosity, as those two bikes are for very different purposes. You've gone from a general purpose road and light trail bike, to a full suspension mountain bike. The first one is pretty crap at (serious) MTB stuff, the second one is pretty impractical for the general purpose stuff!

Sounds to me as if the best of both worlds is to keep both bikes - giving you the bonus of two batteries when you go for those mega days out :)

Altea4

Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2019
I did a 30 mile ride last night of road, track and a little off road. I found the tarmac sections to be equally as good as the Allroad , if anything the suspension made the state of uk roads much more tolerable. I've read and watched many reviews on the 140R but never have poor road manners been mentioned.. My want was more offroad capability, I did consider the 120 stereo allroad but I would have been buying a near identical bike to current with added suspension for nearly a £2k upgrade . I have a host of extras with the 140R.
I'm confident I've made the right decision.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
.. I've read and watched many reviews on the 140R but never have poor road manners been mentioned..
Interesting. I can't say I've ever seen a review of a FS Cube bike (or possible any other FS MTB?) where they review it in the context of a road bike?

Care to share some links??