Cube Cross Hybrid Pro 625 AllRoad

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
So another purchase this week to go with the allroad. Bought direct from the Giro website at what I think is a bargain price of £95 delivered. It was a toss up between this Giro Tyrant and the Giro Camden. As someone who’s used their forehead as a brake in the past I was after a helmet that would help more than a standard jobbie now that the roads are getting busy again. I was also after a helmet that was more biker style than cyclist. Prices are all over the place on the net so I was surprised to find Giro themselves were the best with p&p.
Really comfortable and snug fit with the turn knob, I like the ear protection and with extra pads included will mean warm ears in the winter. It weighs 700g.
Finished a 2 hour ride today in comfort and a cool head.
I kind of prefer the Camden but a lot for a helmet.....the tyrant would make me feel like having a bit of a mid life I think, I know it fits in with the biker look but I know what my other half would think

Altea4

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 30, 2019
1500 mile mark today. My purchase list is increasing as I’m out on the bike at least 4 times a week plus local errands.
Winter jacket bought in the Aldi event : rainproof , light and very bright but cut a little short at the front if being picky , £15 so shouldn’t complain.
After less success with clipless pedals and shoes I purchased yellow mtb dmr pedals and a pair of O’Neal pinned mtb shoes which combined give almighty grip.Shoes are wide fit and very comfortable, pedals are shoe width wide!
Lastly I joined British cycling “ride” which gives 3rd party ins and legal assistance. Included with membership was a set of see.sense lights. As they say, great things come in small packages. The lights are controlled by a phone app, they have several light modes and brightness levels to choose. Light patterns have beeen designed with use of A.I and will flash more erratically when headlights are sensed . A two hour ride used 5% battery with them set to eco. They are Bluetooth linked so will also track mileage, it was very accurate. As a bonus they also detect movement so if your bike is locked up within 100m of your phone they will notify you almost immediately if they sense the bike is being moved, it works really well. They also have crash detection , not that I want to be the guineapig , it apparently sends a crash message and last coordinates to a nominated number.

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
1500 mile mark today. My purchase list is increasing as I’m out on the bike at least 4 times a week plus local errands.
Winter jacket bought in the Aldi event : rainproof , light and very bright but cut a little short at the front if being picky , £15 so shouldn’t complain.
After less success with clipless pedals and shoes I purchased yellow mtb dmr pedals and a pair of O’Neal pinned mtb shoes which combined give almighty grip.Shoes are wide fit and very comfortable, pedals are shoe width wide!
Lastly I joined British cycling “ride” which gives 3rd party ins and legal assistance. Included with membership was a set of see.sense lights. As they say, great things come in small packages. The lights are controlled by a phone app, they have several light modes and brightness levels to choose. Light patterns have beeen designed with use of A.I and will flash more erratically when headlights are sensed . A two hour ride used 5% battery with them set to eco. They are Bluetooth linked so will also track mileage, it was very accurate. As a bonus they also detect movement so if your bike is locked up within 100m of your phone they will notify you almost immediately if they sense the bike is being moved, it works really well. They also have crash detection , not that I want to be the guineapig , it apparently sends a crash message and last coordinates to a nominated number.
Sounds quality how do the lights hook into the bike?