Cyclematic powerplus power problem

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Just as well you showed it. The connector is non-standard. I'd keep the cable, cut off the burnt connectors and the connectors on the controller, then solder the wires together and insulate with heatshrink - two layers on the phase wires.
I’ve ordered all the things you told me to now will it still work

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
I’ve ordered all the things you told me to now will it still work
This is what the cable looks like now will I still be able to use the connector or be best getting it cut and soldered at both ends of it joining the wires and just connect the new controller when it comes

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
This is what the cable looks like now will I still be able to use the connector or be best getting it cut and soldered at both ends of it joining the wires and just connect the new controller when it comes
Sorry I meant the connector and the wires going into it if you look inside looks as tho something has snapped 3892738928

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
That looks OK. I thought you'd burnt the wires at the other end of the cable.
That looks OK. I thought you'd burnt the wires at the other end of the cable.
they are pal I put the old controller in the bin as it was what you said had gone and ordered all the new parts what you suggested I got all the parts In the drop downs will they still work 38939

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you're going to use those again, you must make sure that they're well insulated from each other no bare metal. maybe a blob of silicone sealant (Instant gasket) on each after you plug them in to the new controller.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
If you're going to use those again, you must make sure that they're well insulated from each other no bare metal. maybe a blob of silicone sealant (Instant gasket) on each after you plug them in to the new controller.
thank you so much for your help will i have to put new connectors on the end or will they be ok would i be able able to use electrical insulation tape on all of them to keep them seperate

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
thank you so much for your help will i have to put new connectors on the end or will they be ok would i be able able to use electrical insulation tape on all of them to keep them seperate
As you can see by the pic i cut the wires on the white block can you send me a link where I can get another one and the things that go onto the wire as you can tell I’m pretty useless with things like this but am learning slowly lol

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
In that case, cut all the connectors off and solder them to the controller wires. Use heatshrink to insulate, not PVC insulating tape, which will melt. You have a connector at the other end for when you take the wheel off, so you don't need one at the controller end. All connectors will do is cause problems, like you've already found out. If those wires had been soldered in the first place, you'd still be riding your bike.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
In that case, cut all the connectors off and solder them to the controller wires. Use heatshrink to insulate, not PVC insulating tape, which will melt. You have a connector at the other end for when you take the wheel off, so you don't need one at the controller end. All connectors will do is cause problems, like you've already found out. If those wires had been soldered in the first place, you'd still be riding your bike.
thanks for all your help that black connector in the pics ive sent goes to the back wheel and dosnt come apart as uve seen in the pics so would it still be better to solder the wires or put a connector back on

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
thanks for all your help that black connector in the pics ive sent goes to the back wheel and dosnt come apart as uve seen in the pics so would it still be better to solder the wires or put a connector back on
It's nice to have a connector on one end or the other, though not essential.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
just one last question then il leave you alone lol if i solder all the wires will i still be able to take the back wheel off gonna have to get someone to do it for me as im no good at it electric are more trouble than they are worth some times but worth it for the commute to work

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
just one last question then il leave you alone lol if i solder all the wires will i still be able to take the back wheel off gonna have to get someone to do it for me as im no good at it electric are more trouble than they are worth some times but worth it for the commute to work
You'll be able to take the wheel off, but not very far. It's enough to change a tyre as long as you do it next to the bike.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
thank you so much for all the hep and advice you have given me
will i still need to get the motor extention cable like you said i would need or dont i need one now if im still using the motor cable allready on the bike and soldering the wires

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Either way, you'll have to solder all 8 wires twice. With the extension cable, you can have a connector neat the motor for easy wheel removal. I've not taken my wheel off in 5 years, and I probably won't have to for another 5.

Reactions: danielrlee

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Either way, you'll have to solder all 8 wires twice. With the extension cable, you can have a connector neat the motor for easy wheel removal. I've not taken my wheel off in 5 years, and I probably won't have to for another 5.
so i dnt really need the extension cable then. If im soldering the wires from the motor cable as shown in the pics to the controller wires as hopefully i wont need to take the wheel of.unless to change the tyres

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
so i dnt really need the extension cable then. If im soldering the wires from the motor cable as shown in the pics to the controller wires as hopefully i wont need to take the wheel of.unless to change the tyres
if i decide to get the connector to reattach the cables just incase i decide to take the wheel of to work on it away from the bike do you know what size it will be and how to measure it please