Cyclematic powerplus power problem

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
if i decide to get the connector to reattach the cables just incase i decide to take the wheel of to work on it away from the bike do you know what size it will be and how to measure it please
The length doesn't matter because you have to cut it a few inches from the motor end, then turn it round and solder the wires from each part. You can cut a bit off if it's too long. You need this motor extension cable rather than the one with the block connector on one end:

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
The length doesn't matter because you have to cut it a few inches from the motor end, then turn it round and solder the wires from each part. You can cut a bit off if it's too long. You need this motor extension cable rather than the one with the block connector on one end:
sorry for being such a pain but im getting a bit lost now lol. if you look at what you told me to order from pswpower.com Which i have done do i still need this motor extension cable or can i just solder the wires from the pics of the one its got on now as uve seen in the pics to the connector and phase wires of the new controller and would it still work like that

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
sorry for being such a pain but im getting a bit lost now lol. if you look at what you told me to order from pswpower.com Which i have done do i still need this motor extension cable or can i just solder the wires from the pics of the one its got on now as uve seen in the pics to the connector and phase wires of the new controller and would it still work like that
It's quite simple. You have choices:
1. Use your existing cable as is and put a bit of silicone sealant on any bare metal. Maybe use plastic tape to bind the two halves of the motor connector together if you broke of the retaining tangs.
2. Cut off all the connectors and solder the cables together. That will leave the wheel attached by the wire if you have to take it off.
3. Buy the cable I showed in my last link above, cut it in a position about 10% along it's length, cut all the connectors off the motor and controller, then solder the half with the female pins to the controller and the other half to the motor. That will leave you a connector about a foot from the motor, which can be disconnected when you take the wheel off.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
1. Use your existing cable as is and put a bit of silicone sealant on any bare metal. Maybe use plastic tape to bind the two halves of the motor connector together if you broke of the retaining tangs.
2. Cut off all the connectors and solder the cables together. That will leave the wheel attached by the wire if you have to take it off.
3. Buy the cable I showed in my last link above, cut it in a position about 10% along it's length, cut all the connectors off the motor and controller, then solder the half with the female pins to the controller and the other half to the motor. That will leave you a connector about a foot from the motor, which can be disconnected when you take the wheel off.
Thank you so much for your help the cable that is on the bike only has eight wires to it and not nine
the cable i have on the bike only has eight wires and not nine wires tho

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
thank you for all your help. its very much appreciated dont know what i would have done without you answering my posts
Hi I have got all the parts now do I have to have the throttle on or can I just have pedal assist and do I have to have the speed sensor on

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The throttle is necessary for testing. Connect the motor, LCD, battery and throttle. You don't need to route all the wires yet, just connect it all up for testing. Switch on and test with the throttle. Don't give it full throttle nor hold the throttle open if the motor doesn't turn or if the motor makes weird noises..

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
The throttle is necessary for testing. Connect the motor, LCD, battery and throttle. You don't need to route all the wires yet, just connect it all up for testing. Switch on and test with the throttle. Don't give it full throttle nor hold the throttle open if the motor doesn't turn or if the motor makes weird noises..
Ok will do that when the motor connection is fixed was just asking as putting all new stuff on bike if it works could I disconnect the throttle and use the bike just as a pedal assist one

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Ok will do that when the motor connection is fixed was just asking as putting all new stuff on bike if it works could I disconnect the throttle and use the bike just as a pedal assist one
You could, but it's better to have a throttle than not. Why don't you want it?

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
You could, but it's better to have a throttle than not. Why don't you want it?
Hi I have had the motor connections fixed and connected all the plugs including throttle but nothing works meaning the motor is not working there is no sound at all il attach a pic does the lcd panel have to be programmed in order for it to work 3915839159

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I told you to only connect the motor, battery, LCD and throttle, but I can see all sorts of things connected. Disconnect everything except for what I said, including the blue loop, then try again. If nothing happens we need a list of all the P and C parameters in your settings. Probably, the throttle is switched off in them.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
I told you to only connect the motor, battery, LCD and throttle, but I can see all sorts of things connected. Disconnect everything except for what I said, including the blue loop, then try again. If nothing happens we need a list of all the P and C parameters in your settings. Probably, the throttle is switched off in them.
Done as you have said sometimes it will turn and sometimes it won’t 39160

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Did you check that all wires match colour to colour? The throttle one looks off in the photo.
Yea I have disconnected the throttle and tried it in the one with the matching colours and nothing pal put it back in this and it’s works a bit 39161

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That photo shows that it's the right way.

Motor kicking is indicative of a problem rather than a setting. At the moment, i'm thinking of phase and hall wire sequence, which is going to be a pain if you've already soldered up your motor wire. First, try the three different combinations of the three phase wires. Only use small and short amounts of throttle until the motor runs properly. if you hold the throttle wide open, it'll pop the mosfets in the controller.

Still waiting for your parameters.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
That photo shows that it's the right way.

Motor kicking is indicative of a problem rather than a setting. At the moment, i'm thinking of phase and hall wire sequence, which is going to be a pain if you've already soldered up your motor wire. First, try the three different combinations of the three phase wires. Only use small and short amounts of throttle until the motor runs properly. if you hold the throttle wide open, it'll pop the mosfets in the controller.

Still waiting for your parameters.
sorry do you mean unplugging the phase wires and just plugging them in one at a time into the same colours and i cant find my parameters pal

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
sorry do you mean unplugging the phase wires and just plugging them in one at a time into the same colours and i cant find my parameters pal
disconnect the phase wire then reconnect them in the other 5 combinations where the colours don't match

Last edited: