Cyclezee Torque Arms

D

Deleted member 4366

Get one with a 10mm x 12mm slot for your motor. The easiest way to fit it is to tie it to the disc mount unless you have a large flst area at the drop-out, in which case you can drill the frame and screw it directly. To fit it to the disc mount, you have to make your own tie-bar or cut and drill a BMSB one. I try not to use those slotted ones because they could still slip. Think about how you will take the wheel off if you get a puncture. Also, your bike will look ugly with jubilee clips around your frame and scaffolding hanging off your axle.

This one had the frame drilled:

This one has a custom tie-bar to the disc mount:

C

Cyclezee

I try not to use those slotted ones because they could still slip.
Not if they are fitted and tightened properly, the Cyclezee V2 and V3 torque arms have a sand blasted finish for increased friction to prevent prevent slippage.

They are manufactured in Milton Keynes by an engineering company that makes parts for McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes F1 teams et al, we have sold hundreds of these worldwide and the some customers come back for more.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4366

I would buy them and be happy too. It's just that I like to make sure that they do their job. If you do a Google search, you'll find lots of people have fitted standard torque arms to their bikes and are happy. Luckily the friction from the axle nuts is holding their axle still, but you can see that the torque arm wouldn't resist any turning of the axle. Look at this one. There's no way that small nut and bolt can resist the twisting force of the axle. The force is from left to right.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cyclezee

Here's the cyclezee V2 mounted to my frame for an oxydrive CST ht...

Not too unsightly is it? :rolleyes:
Hmm, nice job Baldylox, guess D8veh won't like it coz it wasn't made for 50p by a blacksmith in a garden shed who has the same facilities as BAE or shipped from the other side of the planet:rolleyes:

Reactions: EddiePJ
C

Cyclezee

Another point about Cyclezee torque arms that might be of interest to those who care about the environment, greenhouse gases and emissions.

As they are manufactured locally, we collect them from our manufacturer by electric bike with a battery that has been charged by solar power and delivered to the post office the same way. Our little contribution to being carbon neutral, helping UK manufacturing and in a tiny way UK exports.

D

Deleted member 4366

The point about torque arms is not how much they cost, but whether they do the job.

Ideally, you want a right angle between the tie-bar and the axle piece, like in the photo. After that, you shouldn't be relying on friction to stop it moving. It should be properly tied. The Oxydrive motor is not nearly as high torque as a Xiongda or a 500w geared motor at say 30A, which would produce double the torque, so I'd be happy with that installation if it were my bike. I can't see from the photo whether the caliper bolt is hard against the end of the slot. I guess it's a mm or so short, in which case it's relying on friction to stop it sliding when the axle rotates. On a high-torque motor, that could be a bit dodgy.

C

Cyclezee

I am in no way suggesting that friction alone should be relied on to prevent movement, whatever you use should be fitted correctly and all bolts tightened firmly.
If you really want to go to town you can apply epoxy resin to the mating surfaces
But I suggest that these highly polished ones z.B. are not the best design.

ebike_torque_arm.jpg

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
d8veh is right about the issue of the caliper bolt being hard against the end of the slot as this was a concern. Fortunately I got a long and a short slot supplied and the short one is bang on. The only modification I had to apply was to add a couple of washers to connecting bolt on the torque arm to account for the offset.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Cyclezee V3 Star Torque Arms in 2 sizes for 12
Long time since this was posted HOWEVER do you still stock these as the ebay listing is no longer there!

Thanks in advance

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, Cyclezee, have you ever thought about making these in different colours.

Some people might prefer the torque arms to blend in with the colour of their frame / forks.

Thanks

C

Cyclezee

Long time since this was posted HOWEVER do you still stock these as the ebay listing is no longer there!

Thanks in advance
Hi PC2017, I stopped selling the 'star' type torque arms a couple of years ago as they were not popular. Right now I have one left for a 12mm axle and if that is of any use to you it's yours for the cost of postage;)

C

Cyclezee

Hi, Cyclezee, have you ever thought about making these in different colours.

Some people might prefer the torque arms to blend in with the colour of their frame / forks.

Thanks
Hi Raboa,

Nice idea, but there are lots of different frame colours out there and although the majority of forks are black, adding colour would increase the cost. have to For now you can have them any colour as long as it is matt stainless steel;)

Right now I am rapidly running out of stock and because I am busy with several other non bike related interests this could be the end of the road for Cyclezee torque arms:eek:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Hi PC2017, I stopped selling the 'star' type torque arms a couple of years ago as they were not popular. Right now I have one left for a 12mm axle and if that is of any use to you it's yours for the cost of postage;)
Oh amazing you are awesome good sir, I nearly missed this message, good job I had a quick look back and YES PLEASE I have been looking all over for one, and 12mm is my spec. A couple of questions is it 10x12mm?? I pray it is! and would they fit on a front hub motor as well as a rear hub or are they best suited for rear only? oh yer and how much postage do you require?

I will figure out how to PM you and send you my address and email to request cash from my paypal if that's cool with you!

It is strange how they are not popular the one I am using has been discountinued by Grin (ebikes.ca) as the curvature of the jubilee slot on the long arm and how its prone to snapping jubilee clips on high wattage motors and now recommend a flat mount and 2 flat slots with 2 clips, makes sense really!

Once again THANK YOU

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
good fit and appears well made
I have a similar one and I used on my steel rigid forks on my old bike and I to had no issues with them, however since posting my video on youtube "my take on a TA installation on aluminium suspension fork" it has received some amazing input which I am truly grateful for, surprisingly not from anyone on here that I know of anyway(yet)... But effectively my video is wrong, my new TA is wrong(which i did know I totally forgot there was two different sizes) and my location is wrong, when I am right I am right and when I am wrong I am dangerously wrong! even though the current TA has done 1000 miles, not moved or broke in any way, that said I would actually like to do another video and get it right this time, the only draw back to this is the TA I would like, Cyclezee has one left and it's in my size and he has most graciously offered it to me for just P&P wow amazing I am really happy about that and I can not thank him enough!

- however I feel posting a video of my new TA will be fun but if other people in the UK and EU want to get one of these TA they will struggle as I have looked all over (see page 1 scroll down the rigid "star" universal angle TA) for one and the US stock something similar but not universal angle and that'll cost $55 including P&P, i still have lots of time to find one hopefully. Sorry for the long speech!