soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

wonder what batts they use lol ;)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You were spouting utter tripe regarding hospital admissions in the UK & now it appears that you have completely lost your marbles.

It's very simple to explain the Gibraltar statistics. The population of Gibraltar is about 34,000 but every day about 14,000 workers who live in Spain stream across the border. Many of these workers have been vaccinated in Gibraltar but the websites that aggregate these numbers just divide the 78,000 jabs delivered by the official population of Gibraltar.
No, again you have it wrong. 14,000 Spanish people cross the boarder into Gibralta. How many of them were vacinated in Gibralta and what circumstances would cause them to get their vaccines in Gibralta rather than at home?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
As Marie Antoinette said, " Let them get covid."

Something like that. A couple of the words might be wrong. Another version might be, " Let them pick cherries." That fits because the only data they take notice of is any version which matches what they want to believe.
That could just as equally apply to you.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm extremely sceptical and suspicious about everything regarding covid. So many different people and organisations have an angle on it, whatever side they're on. There's one thing in particular that I'm still puzzled about, which I haven't had a satisfactory explanation for. The UK leaders decided that they would introduce emergency measures to deal with the apparent pandemic. "2 weeks to flatten the curve". I could understand that decision when it was made. It seemed to make sense with what was being said about the pandemic.

That was more than 18 months ago. Since then, the emergency measures have been extended again and again. Emergency means an unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action.

There has never been a proper debate in parliament. There has never been a proper vote on anything either. You would have thought that as it's the most important thing at the moment that the MPs would be able to come together virtually or actually to thrash out what to do. Instead, all the decisions seem to come from unelected advisers, most of whom have dodgy backgrounds.

It all just seems a bit odd to me.

I'm going to predict that we'll be locked down over Xmas again. I got it right last year.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I'm extremely sceptical and suspicious about everything regarding covid. So many different people and organisations have an angle on it, whatever side they're on. There's one thing in particular that I'm still puzzled about, which I haven't had a satisfactory explanation for. The UK leaders decided that they would introduce emergency measures to deal with the apparent pandemic. "2 weeks to flatten the curve". I could understand that decision when it was made. It seemed to make sense with what was being said about the pandemic.

That was more than 18 months ago. Since then, the emergency measures have been extended again and again. Emergency means an unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action.

There has never been a proper debate in parliament. There has never been a proper vote on anything either. You would have thought that as it's the most important thing at the moment that the MPs would be able to come together virtually or actually to thrash out what to do. Instead, all the decisions seem to come from unelected advisers, most of whom have dodgy backgrounds.

It all just seems a bit odd to me.

I'm going to predict that we'll be locked down over Xmas again. I got it right last year.
Status of COVID-19
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK. There are many diseases which can cause serious illness which are not classified as HCIDs.

Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

Lavishly funded Moderna hits safety problems in bold bid to revolutionize medicine

In order to protect mRNA molecules from the body’s natural defenses, drug developers must wrap them in a protective casing. For Moderna, that meant putting its Crigler-Najjar therapy in nanoparticles made of lipids. And for its chemists, those nanoparticles created a daunting challenge: Dose too little, and you don’t get enough enzyme to affect the disease; dose too much, and the drug is too toxic for patients.

imo lock downs will start end of October and be based on cases when the $hit hits the fan!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Everybody will die whether they're an anti-vaxer or not! That includes you.
if you catch the ebike virus you can crash in to $hit going 40mph and still no charge yet from plod, frame is fooked tho pmsl

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
No, again you have it wrong. 14,000 Spanish people cross the boarder into Gibralta. How many of them were vacinated in Gibralta and what circumstances would cause them to get their vaccines in Gibralta rather than at home?
Here is more explanation...
"Gibraltar, the British overseas territory next to Spain is benefitting from the UK’s vaccine rollout, by far the fastest in Europe. Over the coming days it will become the first territory in the world where all residents over 16 who wanted a jab have got one."

"To protect the health of the Gibraltar population, the authorities are also vaccinating some 15,000 Spaniards who work there."

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
I am a practising doctor. I work as a consultant in Emergency Medicine. I'm seeing COVID-19 patients on a daily basis & am pretty sure that I know more about this subject than others posting on this forum.
That's excellent to know!
(Although you'll probably regret admitting that as you might now get a slew of questions :) )

I have one to kick off:
I'm afraid the majority of the information I listen to is from US based podcasts, so everything is biased to stuff going on the other side of the pond.
Many physicians over there has been extremely concerned over the lack of information dissemination on to how to TREAT people when they do get Covid, so websites such as:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/
From the FLCCC (Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance) have been set up, by doctors, for doctors (but also with useful information for people wanting to treat at home as well).
Do we have anything like this in the UK? and/or what are the exemplar protocols over here (as in - timescales of recovery, what drugs or supplements to take) ?

I'm thinking of the equivalent of something like this:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/FLCCC-Protocols-–-A-Guide-to-the-Management-of-COVID-19.pdf

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
It would be very helpful if you put some sort of intro to a link when it's a very long and detailed article, otherwise we'll be unindated with random stuff that won't get read.

Example:
"Probenecid, which is used to treat gout and gouty arthritis, may have the potential to help Covid patients to recover. It blocks SARS-CoV-2 replication in mammalian cells and virus replication in a hamster model. It has not been tried on patients yet."

Although I do wonder what a hamster model is, but that sort of detail is soooo far from ebikes that it needs to stay a mystery.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Reactions: richtea99

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
That's excellent to know!
(Although you'll probably regret admitting that as you might now get a slew of questions :) )

I have one to kick off:
I'm afraid the majority of the information I listen to is from US based podcasts, so everything is biased to stuff going on the other side of the pond.
Many physicians over there has been extremely concerned over the lack of information dissemination on to how to TREAT people when they do get Covid, so websites such as:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/
From the FLCCC (Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance) have been set up, by doctors, for doctors (but also with useful information for people wanting to treat at home as well).
Do we have anything like this in the UK? and/or what are the exemplar protocols over here (as in - timescales of recovery, what drugs or supplements to take) ?

I'm thinking of the equivalent of something like this:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/FLCCC-Protocols-–-A-Guide-to-the-Management-of-COVID-19.pdf
There is a lot of nonsense in those recommendations for which there is no evidence of efficacy eg Vitamin C & Ivermectin.

In the UK the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) publishes excellent evidence based recommendations on management & treatment https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/NG191

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
There is a lot of nonsense in those recommendations for which there is no evidence of efficacy eg Vitamin C & Ivermectin.

In the UK the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) publishes excellent evidence based recommendations on management & treatment https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/NG191
Thanks for the link to that UK guidance document. I've had a quick look - its very detailed indeed! I'll need a bit of time to work my way through it, but thanks again for the pointer.

On your comment re the FLCCC recommendations, I confess I'm a little surprised at you calling it 'nonsense'. I mean ... Vitamin C therapy is well known as a aid to recovery in a multitude of conditions, especially ones where there is oxidization and inflammation involved, so it would seem to make perfect sense to include it as part of a treatment/recovery protocol (they are not claiming that just taking vitamin C alone is a Covid cure!)
And as for Ivermectin, well ... There are multiple sources out there now showing the efficacy of its use against Covid, both as a prophylactic, and as part of a treatment regimen.
The real question about Ivermectin is not about whether its effective or not, but rather why many countries in the world (including the UK) seem to have deliberately suppressed the use of a known, safe drug that potentially could have saved thousands and thousands of lives with virtually no risk, even if it DOESN'T work (and as mentioned, there is now overwhelming evidence that it IS effective).
In fact, the the Ivermectin suppression issue is so bizarre, it really should ring alarm bells in most people capable of looking objectively at the situation!

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
The real question about Ivermectin is not about whether its effective or not, but rather why many countries in the world (including the UK) seem to have deliberately suppressed the use of a known, safe drug that potentially could have saved thousands and thousands of lives with virtually no risk, even if it DOESN'T work
Does it work ?