Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Going off-topic is a natural effect on long threads, but now you're getting a bit random.
Or were you thinking of eating them? ;)
The health of hedgehogs is still about health ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Many poorer countries are desperate for cheaper solutions, and as long as they can't afford to vaccinate, this global pandemic will remain global:

Last edited:

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
The BBC can reveal that more than a third of 26 major trials of the drug for use on Covid have serious errors or signs of potential fraud. None of the rest show convincing evidence of ivermectin's effectiveness.
That BBC article (which I seem to recall reached the 'number 1 most read' at one point) simply reeks of inaccurate, biased propaganda. Its no wonder that the general population of the UK is woefully uninformed on matters such as these. Actually, it would be more accurate to say widely misinformed, because that's what that article was. Deliberate misinformation.
I thought of writing a rebuttal of it, but fortunately, someone else has done a far better job than I could have in the form of a youtube video. Usefully, he's also far more qualified in this area than I am.

Link is below.
I'm sure many people will know of this person - Its Dr John Campbell, a very widely followed UK doctor who's created many videos about the current situation. He's widely 'pushed' onto the public by the Youtube algorithm because he's usually extremely pro government/NHS policies, yet even he is now becoming aware of the scandal and deception behind the deliberate suppression of using cheap, repurposed existing drugs such as Ivermectin.

Disturbingly, at the time of writing my post, Dr Campbell hasn't posted for 4/5 days and his last video is the one I've linked to. I wonder if he's got into 'trouble' for posting it. I'd certainly watch it ASAP in case it gets pulled.
The video has now had over 1/2 a million views. I would also recommend reading (some of!) the comments (15,000 of them so far!!). You get a VERY interesting glimpse of what a lot of the UK public think about the BBC. Spoiler alert. Its not very positive!

For those that want a TLDR on the video:
The BBC should be ashamed of themselves for publishing such a piece.
The lead author of the 'paper' they refer to is a student.
The 'research group' appears to be a group of people on twitter.
There doesn't seem to be an actual peer reviewed paper in the first place
They dismiss numerous Ivermectin studies as they do not satisfy criteria they would like to see - except these criteria have never been (and cannot be) applies to tens of thousands of other, accepted medical studies going back decades and decades.
They don't consider the numerous other Ivermectin studies that DO show excellent efficacy.
etc etc
Basically, the whole BBC article is a sham, and while the BBC might have been a trustworthy and respected organisation in the past (although if you read the comments - you'll see most people consider even that to be generous in the extreme), you can't trust them any more to provide accurate well researched information.

And interestingly, Dr Campbell referred to this site that I wasn't aware of myself, which is a near real time meta analysis of 64 Ivermectin for Covid-19 studies
https://ivmmeta.com/

I challenge anyone to go through the data on that site and then claim that there is no evidence for the efficacy of using Ivermectin. Even the usually skeptical Dr Campbell seems convinced ....

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

:p

• :D
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You can't be healthy if your phone OS is transmitting telemetry, and it can't be stopped:

...might give e/OS a go:

... I've got an old Moto E kicking around I can't use anymore, because Google's updates fill it up completely - it's supported by e/OS, as are many other phones:

I could then sell my newer phones and buy more gas this winter, to keep me healthier.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Clinical evidence that the pandemic from 1889 to 1891 commonly called the Russian flu might have been an earlier coronavirus pandemic

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I'm sure many people will know of this person
Yeah, he's a nurse and lecturer making £3k a week from you tube.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
UK falls behind European peers in battle against Covid ahead of winter

https://californianewstimes.com/uk-falls-behind-european-peers-in-battle-against-covid-ahead-of-winter/560431/

Legal action begin against government after failing to protect care home residents from Covid-19

Last edited: