Cyclists claim they are being cheated from top spots on Strava by e-bike users

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well they will have to buy ebikes or just up the drugs :p

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Strava say ebike users have a different leaderboard if there is one i cant find it
It's not searchable in the way cycling and running segments are, but there are e-bike segments out there, I've made a few over the years.

Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Strava say ebike users have a different leaderboard if there is one i cant find it
In the edit section of a Srava ride you can change the activity type to e-bike afterwhich you can create a segment, or see any that have been created by others that are only accesable when doing an ebike activity. Only problen is that because Strava wont make an ebike activity tab alongside Run, Swim, Ride, then this is only available after the fact.
If I made such a segment and if I was beaten by someone using a dongle, would I cry Cheat?
Really? Life is too short...
I like Strava! I like the way I can tot up my rides and runs, I like the way I can seperate my totalls on different bikes, plan rides, sea heatmaps of where others have been, Download and follow other peoples rides, and at the end of the year be amazed by how far I have ridden and run.
Not everything is a competition..

Reactions: russ18uk and Artstu

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
You can set an android device to e-bike, and it will always be on e-bike as its default setting until you change it again.

• Useful
Reactions: Gubbins