Cyclotricity kit

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
Hi Johnny you can see my PAS on the non drive side here.( click on the pic for more detail) By grinding off a few mm off the inside crank face there was enough space to allow the sensor to sit on the taper without being compressed when the crank was fully tightened. I have a shimano sealed unit a un55 x115mm IIRC.View attachment 16820
Cheers for that Steven, that's a big disc, mine is almost half that size, what size of bike is that, mine is a 16", I think that's why I cant fit the battery on the frame, my BB is the same as yours.

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
Cheers for that, Success, I went for the paring option, there is a thicker flange on both sides of the magnetic disc, so I dremeled one side down flush on the crank side of it, then took about 2mm off of the tapered boss with the 4" grinder, I have ended up with about 2mm clearance between the sensor and the magnets, (see pic) hopefully that will be enough, if not, I`ll order one of the locking rings. Just to get a rear pannier with a bag now to mount the battery by fixing the battery mount to a piece of ply and bolting it through the bag and the ply to the pannier, and I`m planning putting the control box in the bag too, but the 3 core wire is too short, so I`ll have to add some cable and put a joint in, I hope its not that very fine hair like wire that a sod to solder. Onwards and upwards, I connected everything up and it worked ok, apart from the wheel going in reverse, I didn`t know it had a reverse gear, then I realised the wheel had spun round back to front on the stand, daft bugger, finish the assembly tomorrow night and the battery on Saturday, hopefully get a spin on Sat night, all going well, thanks again for everyones help and advice, hopfully next pic will be the finished job.

Attachments

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
I think mine is an 18 inch, but would have to check. I had to move my battery plate up the down tube to get the battery in. it meant drilling a hole further down the mounting plate rather than drilling the frame for a higher rivnut. Maybe you can do something similar ?

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
I think mine is an 18 inch, but would have to check. I had to move my battery plate up the down tube to get the battery in. it meant drilling a hole further down the mounting plate rather than drilling the frame for a higher rivnut. Maybe you can do something similar ?
Naw, even fitting at the longest bar, the battery just fits in, no room left to slide the battery out, its a 15Ah battery, only other option is mount it like a petrol tank LOL, naw, it`ll look like a Suzuki 250, I`d need to buy leathers.