Disappointed in Scott

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
I have had my Scott esub sport for around 18 months absolutely reliable trouble-free riding, however a couple of months ago I lowered my garage door onto the rear mudguard and "mangled" it up ( I know what i am ) I wanted to buy a replacement set so I have contacted scott via their website on more than one occasion and they haven't even had the courtesy to bother to reply !! I have contacted the shop where I purchased the bike and he has tried to purchase a replacement set, even contacting the supplier of the mudguards (curana) all to no avail, Scott do not supply replacements ???
I ended up buying a "similar" set from another supplier, which are functional but not the make fitted originally to the bike, this may seem pedantic but I spent a lot of money and wanted it to look as good as new.
Guys just bear this in mind when deciding to spend a lot of hard earned cash on a bike, I do not think this service is good enough and will most certainly vote with my feet, when I replace it in the next Year or two :(

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I had some issues with scott a few years ago and having aired my grievances on here someone gave me an email address to contact with my complaint.
This ended with scotts top man in the UK contacting me with an apology and a resolution but unfortunately I no longer have that email.
I would say you should stick at it with your complaint until someone takes notice.

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Yes one of the reasons I posted was to try and get them to react, the other was to warn others how poor they are. my Father-in -law has a Giant ebike, my wife has two non-electric Giant bikes, and when required, their customer service has been exceptional scott could learn a lesson

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes one of the reasons I posted was to try and get them to react, the other was to warn others how poor they are. my Father-in -law has a Giant ebike, my wife has two non-electric Giant bikes, and when required, their customer service has been exceptional scott could learn a lesson
Since that first episode I have had no problems contacting scott about warranty issues. Three times i have emaild and each time they responded quickly and to the point. I did this on my own but it does help to get your dealer involved.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Don't know if it's the same across all manufacturers but it looks like they play the blame game.
My twinloc stopped working but instead of sending it back to Scott they sent the fork away to Fox who fixed it and sent it back. No issues at all.. I think it's the same with brakes and gears ...

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Not very encoraging given that you did the 'right' thing, buying a reputable make of bike from a reputable dealer.

No doubt woosh will be along in a minute to tell us how easy it is to get spare mudguards for his bikes.

Reactions: Croxden

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
No point in having a trumpet and not blowing it....
In the right place.

Responding to every thread by saying 'buy a woosh' becomes counter-productive.

At one time on here, trade members were obliged to keep their replies relevant.

Andrew Ford

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2016
Rotherham
Regarding Woosh

To chip in or not to chip in ?
My opinion is it's good for them to participate, if I like what they put or not
Options is good
If I don't want go along with it just ignore

My thoughts but you could just ignore me as well LOL

cheers
Andy

Reactions: Woosh

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Thanks gubbins I will try that email on Monday what will I have next ? I do like the Scott brand so it's not an easy question to answer, however the giant bike would also be in the frame, brose? I do like my Bosch I will have to test ride them both decisions decisions

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No doubt woosh will be along in a minute to tell us how easy it is to get spare mudguards for his bikes.
yes, I usually keep them in stock. Mudguards, rack, lights, bells, propstands, brake pads, brake levers, cables etc. things that may break.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
yes, I usually keep them in stock. Mudguards, rack, lights, bells, propstands, brake pads, brake levers, cables etc. things that may break.
I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

StewC

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2016
Lancing, on the South Downs.
My Wife Brought a Scott as she has always had Scott mountain bikes, but the last one was very poorly made, with corrosion forming on Handle bars, as they were painted steel, spokes wear corroding, and nearly every nut and bolt had signs of corrosion on, bike had never been in the rain, and it was stored in same dry garage, as 5 other bike (the oldest 16 years old), they had not been effected by corrosion.
After a few emails back and forth with Scott, they didn't assist in any way, so again we will vote with our feet, and never buy another Scott bike.
I used to work in the Motortrade and the general rule of thumb was, it cost £50 in advertising to get one new customer. So if it costs you £50 to retain a existing customer that was money well spent.