Display lcd

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Can your guys tell me if all kt lcd display like the lcd3 lcd5 etc etc.
Are all wired up the same way no matter what seller you buy it from so long as its a kt controller. The same as the sw900 display so long it is compatible controller

Reactions: Kbekla

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As long as it isn't a customer custom job then all should work.
For instance cyclotricity use a custom version for there dual 250/1000w illegal kits, a std KT display doesn't work for the 1000w mode.

Reactions: Kbekla

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
The SW900 has the same connector wiring as a KT display. I presume an S900 does too. I had an S866 that works with Brainpower controllers, and it has the same wiring as a KT. I've mixed the displays and controllers together when I had them.

All will connect to battery power/ground on the red/black. and allow the display to be turned on. That raises the blue wire to battery, which powers up the controller. Then the green/yellow data wires start trying to talk, but cannot, and we may get a COMM error.

The fun part is that KT displays can work without a display, so if a foreign display is connected, you still get throttle and a default PAS. That really confuses people who have attached an SW900. Meanwhile, some other non-KT controllers can do the same, and that confuses someone who has plugged in an LCD3.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Would be nice to get my sw900 display to work. NOW that I've just order a new kt 1500w controller but I've gone for the lcd4 nice and compact