Dodgy Ebay Listing

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Very strange - surely an account with prior transactions would be traceable, suggesting he literally bought someone else's account.

Although I just can't see how he'd convince anyone to pay by a non-traceable method eg Western Union.

D

Deleted member 4366

Has it gone? I can't see it. It disappeared last time.

D

Deleted member 4366

He's gone international now. Everybody should report it.

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Have you noticed that the seller has changed? The original eBay posts were by a Richard.francis with 0 feedback based in London.. This one is being offered by jdivadavid with a 100% feedback rating on 2101 ratings based in Bridgend. Still using same pics and some of the description. Agree it all looks decidedly suspicious.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Note that there are only a handful of sales since 2006 - the feedback is almost all as a buyer. My bet is there's a market for clean eBay accounts.

Incidentally "Actionfraud" wrote back to me acknowledging my report and assuring me (not very effectively) that busy people were, somewhere, doing the right thing for the country, somehow, but that of course the need for secrecy meant they couldn't let me know what this would entail, or indeed if anything would happen with my report other than it being filed.

I rather think their name falls into the category of marketing words used, to paint something as the reverse of what it is.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Well that didn't last long, it's gone already!

This time the seller was in Bridgend and had a feedback score of over 2,000.

D

Deleted member 4366

They disappear as fast as they're listed. You have to be quick to see them.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I wish I was getting commison for my photos ;)

Jerry

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Someone once used my photos on ebay so I opened a chat with support and they took the listing down straight away.
Same experience here. Although it seems eBay couldn't give a crap about stolen property, stolen intellectual property is dealt with a firm hand. I can only assume this is because there is no financial gain to them from the latter.