DP C18.UART Bafang colour display problem

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
yes has 9 levels and cut out adjust
we buy this stuff on line with a poor description. It really is buyer beware it will probably cost more to send it back than to buy a new one . I learnt the hard way to now buy the first purchase through ebay and if it is ok then will order directly cost a few pounds more I the 1 st place but easier to get a refund if it turns to c--p:mad:

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Chinese vendor has been in contact and tells me this display is the standard 5 PAS Version everybody sell now. He can get 9 Level PAS but it will need tobe customised..well what's that mean something I can do or a firmware install..who knows..he sell loads with no ccmplaint,

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
I've been messing with a DPC18 on a Frey HT1000 with and ultra motor, this has torque settings and I've figured out that the DPC18 that's locked to 5 levels also uses the eco/sport to actually overirde some of the torque controller settings, which is why BBSxx people don't notice any changes, just pulls levels 1,3,5,7,9 from the controller and the eco/sport has no effect. I changed to a 500C display with 9 levels and everything was how I programmed it. The DPC18 I have is version 3.0, I'm fairly sure the previous versions are OK (no eco/sport and you can set 9 levels). For someone who uses the config app and sets up their motor exactly how we want, the DPC18 V3 is an abomination and waste of time.