daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Controller:

Attachments

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
So far then, "Nine Continents" and "Golden Motors" are the only known (i.e. english-accessible) Chinese alternatives/copies to Suzhou Bafang's (8-Fun) brushless/geared mini motor unit.
Found another supplier / manufacturer of brushless/geared motors (although the regenerative braking feature is a bit of a fluke, on this kind of motor...there's a thread about that at Endless-Sphere, and the supplier himself says it will be removed from the next-gen kit):

China base:
E-bike conversion front wheel kits

US dealer:
eBay Store - Worldwide Electric Bikes: Electric Bikes, Electric Bike Kits

Further photos:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=20969
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=20987
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=20989
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=20992

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Regen has been fairly useless on e-bikes, only the BionX producing anything of any use.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
The Bafang SWXB (sometimes labeled as PMGR, for "Permanent Magnet Gear Reduction") is known to be one of the torquiest and most versatile (in terms of voltage and controller parameters) motor units. The problem is that there are many lookalike...so hard to know what's what.

Suzhou Bafang Electric Motor Science-Technology Co.,Ltd.

E- bike Motor Manufacturer exporting direct from Jiangsu China

Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Brushless Geared hubmotors: definitive list & details

Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Bafang PMGR analysis - updated 9/17/08

Damn !! Even the description on the photo is copied from Bafang's website !!! (SWXB or smaller QSWXB model)

1.brushless,used for log time(bearing),no need to maintain
2.less space and weight,great power,simple construction
3.excellent starting performance,no magnet-hysteresis damping energy consumping and good creeping slop capacity
4.no spark,no electric interference,explosion prevention
5.highh efficiency,less electric power consumption
6.large starting power,strong output fuction, stepless speed regulating
7.high cost performance,much more economical than governor
8.superior water-proof function

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
They're so cheap, why not buy 2 ? ;)

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Another confirmation that the Conhis motor is gearless (photos sent to me by their sales department):

glenn

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
another ebay motor

I have also purchased the 1000w from ebay and have quite a hilly ride to work so far it gets me 6 miles and 6 miles back on one charge with the 48v li ion battery and im about 16stone. average about 22 miles hour will top out at 31

louispower

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Yep, and in the case of "Fusin" motors, they clearly admit that it's useless (yet the feature is one of their Unique Selling Points :rolleyes: ). Anyway, here's a decent review:

Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Fusin Motors /WorldWide Electric Bikes 48V 10AH Kit Review
Hi all, this is Louis from Fusinmotors, nice to see you are talking about out kits here, instead of removing the regenerative braking we have solved this problem and now geared motor works perfectly with regenerative braking & EABS. As we always anounced you couldnot count on how much it will charge the battery, but it will make the brake becomes very comfortable.

Details is available here, a video show how the regenerative braking & EABS works. link is here

To download the video will need to register at first, sorry for the inconvinence.

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Hi Louis !

Glad to hear that you are still experimenting, proof that there is scope for innovation :)

I read that your product offers hardware gearing (actual planetary gear reduction) as well as software "gears" (which are in fact a 3-switch control to vary the power output from the controller).

In "regenerative braking", there are 2 parts: "regenerative" and "braking". You seem to openly admit that the "regenerative" part is meaningless (low back-EMF current production), and you are putting the emphasis on the "braking" part. Personally, I'd rather use my brake pads / discs than the motor for braking, as they are acceptable (i.e. cheap) consumables. I'd love to watch your video but I have no time to register in your forum...shame.

Keep up the good work, cheers.
Dan

Hi all, this is Louis from Fusinmotors, nice to see you are talking about out kits here, instead of removing the regenerative braking we have solved this problem and now geared motor works perfectly with regenerative braking & EABS. As we always anounced you couldnot count on how much it will charge the battery, but it will make the brake becomes very comfortable.

Details is available here, a video show how the regenerative braking & EABS works. link is here

To download the video will need to register at first, sorry for the inconvinence.

louispower

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Hi Louis !

Glad to hear that you are still experimenting, proof that there is scope for innovation :)

I read that your product offers hardware gearing (actual planetary gear reduction) as well as software "gears" (which are in fact a 3-switch control to vary the power output from the controller).

In "regenerative braking", there are 2 parts: "regenerative" and "braking". You seem to openly admit that the "regenerative" part is meaningless (low back-EMF current production), and you are putting the emphasis on the "braking" part. Personally, I'd rather use my brake pads / discs than the motor for braking, as they are acceptable (i.e. cheap) consumables. I'd love to watch your video but I have no time to register in your forum...shame.

Keep up the good work, cheers.
Dan
Hi Dan,

The e-braking doesn't mean you need to remove the brake pads/discs, just same as ABS for automobile, the EABS makes the braking more safely and comfortable.

By the way we have finished the updation work and new kits will arrive in US late November. There will be another review for this new kit on endless-sphere, I will post a link here when it is ready.

Thanks,

Louis

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Anyone tried Conhis yet? (Apart from the first reply early in the thread?)
I haven't.
Remember: they are gear-less motors (direct drive).
Cheers, Dan

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
I haven't.
Remember: they are gear-less motors (direct drive).
Cheers, Dan
Direct drive makes them useless, so they are not interesting for me either.

I will see what happens when Frank from "Das Elektrorad" or whatever gets his business set up in China.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Here's a new kid on the block, called the "Cute Hub Motor" (not joking):

Cute Hub Motors

Given the power ratings, weight and size, it looks like a conventional geared hub motor, brushless and obviously with hall-sensors (see wires on the photo)

So many similar-looking motors from China. I'm glad I stuck to the proven Suzhou Bafang (8-Fun) unit, the cheaper alternatives were tempting but risky...

I've just received technical data about these guys:
NEW ELECTRIC BIKE CONVERSION KIT E-BIKE KIT 500W on eBay (end time 11-Sep-09 16:05:02 BST)

The motor from the "Jiuselu" manufacturer is brushless geared and runs 36V 12Ah at 220 RPM with 7Nm torque.

eBay My World - uk-direct
http://myworld.ebay.ca/sylvan_company/

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hey Dan we have been surfing simlar pages again I found this today here

BMSBATTERY - The Art Of LiFePO4

Though yours shows the 250W versions and 1.6kg claimed weight :eek:

Also a bit wide for the Brompton forks as well. A tempting but risky buy as you say.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Good to see a price tag for it. But it's only slightly cheaper than the Bafang, for the same width...I know which one I would choose ;)

PS: that claimed weight is too low to be true. :rolleyes:

Hey Dan we have been surfing simlar pages again I found this today here

BMSBATTERY - The Art Of LiFePO4

Though yours shows the 250W versions and 1.6kg claimed weight :eek:

Also a bit wide for the Brompton forks as well. A tempting but risky buy as you say.

Regards

Jerry