E- Brompton Coming Soon - Reminder

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

MRMAC9

Pedelecer
May 24, 2015
That's because it's illegal to use an electric bicycle there.
It's legal to ride an electric bike in N.
That's because it's illegal to use an electric bicycle there.
It's legal if you can get it insured, taxed and displaying some kind of number plate. Add to that the ebike equivalent of a driving test. If they can get away with that in N. Ireland, these regulations could come to GB.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's legal if you can get it insured, taxed and displaying some kind of number plate. Add to that the ebike equivalent of a driving test. If they can get away with that in N. Ireland, these regulations could come to GB.
No chance! The N.I. authorities have already stated their intention to align with the UK's updated EAPC regulations, but it cannot happen until Stormont is back in business.

It was N.I. not having an active assembly at a crucial time that led to the legal vacuum in e-bike law there. Treating them as motorbikes was never intentional.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mike killay
D

Deleted member 4366

It's legal to ride an electric bike in N.

It's not possible to register one, so it's illegal to ride one.

nanobikes

Just Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Leamington Spa
Had a look at the Nano conversion and note that the battery used is the same Bosch one as used by ARCC innovations in their e-assist conversion of the Brompton. Odd that the range of the Nano is so much shorter (16-18 miles) as opposed to the approx 30 miles quoted by ARCC. In reality I find the range of my Moulton to be around 26 miles.
Hi there - this is Lynda from nano. The reason we quote 8 - 16 miles for the 4Ah battery is that we have tested it on the following basis. If you hardly put any effort in, just keeping the pedals moving so the pedal sensor will allow the motor to be operated, on relatively flat ground, depending on your weight etc etc you will get about 8 miles from one battery charge. The upper limit is entirely up to how much you use the battery/motor but people seem to like an upper and lower limit to work with.

Reactions: flecc

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Hi there - this is Lynda from nano. The reason we quote 8 - 16 miles for the 4Ah battery is that we have tested it on the following basis. If you hardly put any effort in, just keeping the pedals moving so the pedal sensor will allow the motor to be operated, on relatively flat ground, depending on your weight etc etc you will get about 8 miles from one battery charge. The upper limit is entirely up to how much you use the battery/motor but people seem to like an upper and lower limit to work with.
At long last, a fair estimate of distance, not some highly inflated manufacturers wild guess.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc