Early Morning Ride

iwchris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2012
Isle of Wight
What a lovely morning it was at 7.30am, I got out on Sandown Seafront and went right through to Shanklin, it is a lovely ride on a "Shared Pathway".
Im using this bike so much more than my Mountain Bike, that now sits in the Garage!! the Pedelec is so nice if heading into a strong wind, something that we have had plenty of this summer.

Attachments

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
What a lovely atmospheric photograph. You can`t beat early mornings at this time of year, the earlier the better. That is the time to take full advantage of the deserted promenade. I used to like early rides on the prom at Skegness, on my home made unicyle. I built it with a 28" wheel to give a fairly high gear, because I used to ride it for miles at a time. Nowadays, at 66 years old I can still ride it for a few hundred yards, but it seems like hard work.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Indeed what a cracking shot you took, magazine quality is that ;-)

I'm missing my rides seeing your post. I was all set to start a conversion this week on a Dahon Jetstream which would enable me to get out again but lost it through procrasting over finalising the sale.. silly me.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I was all set to start a conversion this week on a Dahon Jetstream which would enable me to get out again but lost it through procrasting over finalising the sale.. silly me.
As they say plenty of fish in the sea :p

Regards

Jerry

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I get a second chance to get one tomorrow but I'm not overly optimistic with 120 watchers according to the seller! It takes me a long time to make up my mind about purchases like this. I wasn't sure about the Jetstream at first because it's a bit heavier than I'd like..but the more reviews I've read the more I was sold on it, especially after seeing d8veh's conversion of one. I think if I can't get that one tomorrow, I will probably go to plan B...do a super lightweight build instead with either an Uno or Speed Pro frame and put big apple tyres on to compensate for lack of suspension. It could take months for another Jetstream in decent condition to come onto market and go for a reasonable price...we don't have much nice weather left, be winter soon if I don't get started soon.

iwchris

Aug 10, 2012
Isle of Wight
I get a second chance to get one tomorrow but I'm not overly optimistic with 120 watchers according to the seller! It takes me a long time to make up my mind about purchases like this. I wasn't sure about the Jetstream at first because it's a bit heavier than I'd like..but the more reviews I've read the more I was sold on it, especially after seeing d8veh's conversion of one. I think if I can't get that one tomorrow, I will probably go to plan B...do a super lightweight build instead with either an Uno or Speed Pro frame and put big apple tyres on to compensate for lack of suspension. It could take months for another Jetstream in decent condition to come onto market and go for a reasonable price...we don't have much nice weather left, be winter soon if I don't get started soon.
Good luck with your second chance, should be an interesting project, I envy you guys that can build these bikes, I'm learning a lot on here.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
iwchris many of us started our DIY conversions after coming to this forum (I came here first 3 years ago) having never even ridden an ebike!

The forum is a great resource with lots of info, help and encouragement from other posters.

Regards

Jerry

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I can second that...I came here 2 years ago without a clue what e-bikes were or that you could convert regular bikes..and then with the help of people here managed to do my first conversion..you always find help here, always someone who knows, and always learn new stuff here that's what is so great about it.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I can second that...I came here 2 years ago without a clue what e-bikes were or that you could convert regular bikes..and then with the help of people here managed to do my first conversion..you always find help here, always someone who knows, and always learn new stuff here that's what is so great about it.
Yup - Endless-sphere.com • Index page is also another great ebike resource - especially if you want to do something more exotic/diy or "spicy" :D

iwchris

Aug 10, 2012
Isle of Wight
I think that I could get quite interested in a conversion a bit later on when I have learnt some more, it is all so interesting

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Top stuff Iwchris.

I often go to Sandown in the Summer for a day trip, Next time I'll see if I can bring my Eagle and we could meet up for a Beer and talk endlessly about E-bikes. I'll PM you when I next plan to visit. That promenade looks a nice ride.

iwchris

Aug 10, 2012
Isle of Wight
Top stuff Iwchris.

I often go to Sandown in the Summer for a day trip, Next time I'll see if I can bring my Eagle and we could meet up for a Beer and talk endlessly about E-bikes. I'll PM you when I next plan to visit. That promenade looks a nice ride.
Yes that would be great, just let me know when you are over.

Chris