ebay ebike kit, anygood?

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi, My rear wheel hub motor was damaged, the original kit was £240, but i dont want to spend that much, I was looking on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223709281350 but i`m not sure what they mean by

"Still remain the full 1000W power with no speed control.(Only for Pedal Assist System,"PAS") "

to me that means you cant control the pedal assist mode speed in 1000 w mode,? unles i`m reading it wrong,i`d like to know peoples thoughts on it please, I did write to them, no reply yet,

Stuart

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi, My rear wheel hub motor was damaged, the original kit was £240, but i dont want to spend that much, I was looking on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223709281350 but i`m not sure what they mean by

"Still remain the full 1000W power with no speed control.(Only for Pedal Assist System,"PAS") "

to me that means you cant control the pedal assist mode speed in 1000 w mode,? unles i`m reading it wrong,i`d like to know peoples thoughts on it please, I did write to them, no reply yet,

Stuart
What was your previous kit? I assume you already have a battery? What it's specifications? To run this hub will require a veryy good quality battery. Direct drive motors are hungry and bad at hills

Why not keep the rest of the kit you have and just buy a motor if that is what's failed? Are you sure its the motor?

More info all round would be helpful please

Dd motors are a savings fallacy to me. Yes the hubs or kits are cheaper than geared but then you need a much better (aka. More expensive) battery to run them

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It will be heavy and eat through battery. It will be totally illegal on UK roads or bridleways; having the convenient switch makes it so even if you are actually only using the 250w setting. Allow you to swap two power modes between the full 1000W power or 250W power by a single red switch wire is embedded in controller.

I'm not quite sure what that Still remain the full 1000W power with no speed control.(Only for Pedal Assist System,"PAS") is meant to mean.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi, thanks for the replys,I just wanted to know what they meant really,probably bad chinese translation, i`ve used 1000 wat motors for years, suits me fine,
Stu

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
My interpretation is that the 250w restriction only works on the throttle. When you're in 250w mode, you still get the full 1000w available to the PAS, but you can cut it down via the 5 levels of speed or power that you can select by the buttons attached to the LCD. Basically, the 250w mode is a throttle restrictor.

dylan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 12, 2008
If you connect the road legal switch wires 3 & 4 via a switch (I usually use an handlebar mounted switch) you can restrict the bike to 250w on throttle & pedelec power (this usually works out around 12 - 13 mph). Flick the switch (which disconnects wires 3 & 4 to open circuit) & you have full power on both throttle & pedelec.