Ecobrand Harrier

ngoodson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2010
The feedback for this seller is all about other items, doesn't tell me anything about the bike.

Nick

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
The feedback for this seller is all about other items, doesn't tell me anything about the bike.

Nick
Hi.
No. the feedback tells you nothing about the bike....however it does seem to say much about the seller; fake goods etc. Forget the bike and walk away from this machine/seller is my advice.
Regards
vectra

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi ngoodson.

I'm with vectra on this. The seller's track record isn't too clever so I'd give it a miss. I don't know anything about the make but if they were any good, we'd all probably have heard about them.

I can't be bothered doing a search on the internet but you could if you're really interested.

Regards,
Indalo

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Everything that was bad about early electric bikes seems to be incorporated on this bike... unattractive excessively bulky heavy frame, massive 13kg lead acid battery, total weight 42kg..phew..it's a push bike trying to be a moped. I wouldn't touch it personally as it has too many draw backs as an everyday pedelec...but I suppose if you can grab it really cheap it might be ok for someone to mess around with for fun.

The seller looks like he has a bad attitude towards customers so probably expect a few problems with this bike and no help from him...

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Come on people, mystical Hollywood martial arts and tough-guy action hero Steven Seagal uses one, so it must be good :D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
To right!, Any bike that is good enough for the likes of Steven Siegel cant be that bad.....I mean he wears a medallion for goodness sake! and can kick like a mule!:D

ngoodson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, am actually put off by seeing Mr Seagal in his blue mystical suit and medallion!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
42 kilos is illegal in the UK and mainland EU, the weight limit for e-bikes being 40 kilos.

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009
This bike is the same as the Ecolux Tornado. Prior to buying a Torq 1 -I used it's equivalent for 3 years uninterrupted service [approx 100 miles weekly] charging every 20 + miles.In fact the most reliable ebike I have owned. No issues whatsoever.Very similar in style + performance to the old Powerbyke- supprisingly nippy when not powered[brushed motor]-but yes- heavy to handle.
Battery life was around 18 months.
I may well have been fortunate regarding reliability - and would imagine other users less so. I doubt the model/ maker has anything approaching Powerbykes level of all round quality / customer care .Out of buisness now !!
Still -the first ebike I ever purchased -- no complaints.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
This bike is the same as the Ecolux Tornado. Prior to buying a Torq 1 -I used it's equivalent for 3 years uninterrupted service [approx 100 miles weekly] charging every 20 + miles.In fact the most reliable ebike I have owned. No issues whatsoever.Very similar in style + performance to the old Powerbyke- supprisingly nippy when not powered[brushed motor]-but yes- heavy to handle.
Battery life was around 18 months.
I may well have been fortunate regarding reliability - and would imagine other users less so. I doubt the model/ maker has anything approaching Powerbykes level of all round quality / customer care .Out of buisness now !!
Still -the first ebike I ever purchased -- no complaints.
Yes there is always somebody ready to disagree - sorry. I owned an eco tornado which again is very similar - perhaps some of the components have been upgraded. Numerous moto/batteryr failures later I sold it before the warranty ran out. Rubbish in almost every respect compared to a modern electric bike and did much to put me off going electric. In fact my wife thought I was mad when I said I wanted to buy an Ezee Torq!

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009
Yes -I honestly expected no less. Having said that both my old Torq and Cytronex suffered from various electrical problems over the period owned.The 1st Torq in fact suffered from repeated water ingress problems eventual controller faliure+ frequent spoke breakage / blown tubes .The Cytronex managed 2000 interupted miles -the controller again finally giving out.
You pay your money and take your choice. Ezee is my choice however as they have responded and really improved the build /spec of their bikes.
My last Torq 1 [sold now]covered significant milage prior to rim problems -and despite it's speed -when powered is the closest comparison to riding unassisted
I have experienced-and yes -that includes the Cytronex .

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
I agree with all that and why I ended up with a panasonic powered bike - not perfect as I really preferred the Cytronex to ride - but a big step up in reliability.