Electric Bike World Tour

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The World on an Electric Bicycle

Guim 100.jpg

A Wisper Electric Bike is to be used on the first ever world trip on an electric bike. Joining the Olympic cities of Beijing and London.

EBWT_2.0_Icon_Small.jpg

Start: May 2009, Beijing, China
End: August 2012, Olympic Village London, England

After months of research Guim Valls Teruel of Barcelona Spain has chosen a Wisper 905se City S electric bicycle to be the most suitable for this momentous trip.

An experience never attempted before by one person on an electric bicycle - an alternative form of personal transportation highlighting the use of cleaner energy sources and living with less reliance on traditional combustion energy. Touring the world in an eco-friendly way, to promote and encourage the development of a global culture of energy conservation and waste reduction. In collaboration with an NGO whose focus is on international environmental projects, “one kilometer – one hope”.

A global adventure on an electric bicycle through 5 continents starting at the last Olympic city Beijing and finishing at the next Olympic city London via a candidate city Madrid.

Objective: Tour all 5 continents of the globe using an environmentally friendly method of transportation, the electric bicycle, to demonstrate and promote the use of alternative transport options that have less negative impact on our planet.

All the best David

Last edited:

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
David,

That's excellent news!!

So does this mean we now have some friendly rivalry going on between bike manufacturers for endurance trips?

Will we see Mr Ching and Mr Miall in a head to head race across the Sarangetti!?!? ;-)

Cheers

Steve

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Clean machine

There's no grease or oil to get to get your hands or clothes dirty. No foul exhaust or gasoline fumes and it never leaks oil. You can safely store an electric vehicle in your home or apartment.
Yeah, right. :D
That's quite some trip but I don't inderstand why it's taking 3 years, it looks like roughly 20,000 miles which could be done comfortably in a year.
Will he be getting a barman's job in Australia to finance the rest of the trip? I shall be watching with interest.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Interest

Yeah, right. :D
That's quite some trip but I don't inderstand why it's taking 3 years, it looks like roughly 20,000 miles which could be done comfortably in a year.
Will he be getting a barman's job in Australia to finance the rest of the trip? I shall be watching with interest.
No Guim has sponsorship of about €700k and is taking in Australia, India, Africa, South America and the USA on the trip have a look at the website.

Electric Bicycle World Tour

All the best David

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
nor leave a trail of exhaust fumes in their wake, they provide the opportunity to reduce
your personal environmental impact and improve local air quality.
Hmmm, depends on what the rider has eaten, surely :D 57 varieties dontchaknow :eek:

Vikki

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
with 700k to spend presume you will be taking a Winnebago...How are you going to charge a bank of batteries:)

I would use a generator (run of gas supply) and Inverters

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

He is going on his own with self use TV cameras etc. Guim is a TV and Media producer and the vast majority of the budget is to produce a series of documentaries high lighting environmental issues in the regions he visits.

All the best David

Last edited:

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

This is great will it be on the BBC I would love to ride a wisper but I am bigger than the big guy on the bike.

thx

Bob

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yep, but are you bigger than me?

Hi Bob

It has been taken up by one of the Spanish channels hence the sponsorship. I hope the BBC will buy in but imagine it will be one of the smaller channels.

Don't forget I am 19.5 stone (22.5 when I started to use my Wisper regularly!) That's why our 905 fame is so strong :eek:.

All the best David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
EBWT Update 1

Yesterday Guim held a press conference in Beijing to announce the details of the trip. He is currently practicing on a standard 905se whilst the 905se World Tourer is being prepared.

NCC_0449 100.jpg

The 905se World Tourer is very similar to a standard bike but Guim has added some creature comforts. Brooks have kindly donated a £200 Classic Swallow titanium and leather saddle and we are using the new carbon and alloy frame which will feature on the 906se.

Cuim Valls Teruel 2 100.jpg

If anyone would like to see the full press release please drop me an email miall@aol.com

All the best David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Mudguards

Hi KJ

The mudguards are standard on the City, polycarbonate, superb!

Regarding the 906 yes we are working to get the weight down below 20kg with the 518Wh battery, so there will be a lot of very expensive carbon on it. The frame saves about 1kg so we have a way to go!

All the best David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New Carbon/Alloy World Tour bike frame.

Hi Guys

With the World Tour just about to start and the Wisper World Tourer nearing completion, I thought you may like to see the new carbon / alloy frame. This frame will also feature on the new 906 which is to be launched later in the year.

carbonfiberframe1 -100.jpg

carbonfiberframe2 -100.jpg

carbonfiberframe5 -100.jpg

All the best David :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, it is a super smart frame.

What is the original Reggie Perrin's mother-in-law doing on the T shirt? :D