can the frame be bought for a retrofit

david(getting A bit excited)k

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Smart frame

Thanks Flecc and Wibble!

Flecc, I haven't thought of the Reggie's mother in law sequence for ages, what a brilliant program it was. Although superb too, I can't imagine how Martin Clune is going to be anything but disappointing after the brilliant Leonard Rossiter, time will tell!

All the best David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
On a stick?

that frame looks like sex on a stick

what weight is the bike ??

can the frame be bought for a retrofit?

david(getting A bit excited)k
Hi David

I don't know David but I can't see why not, the frame is nearly a kilo lighter than the all alloy frame. The reason we built it was for lightness and strength, this bike will be traveling about 35,000 miles in the next three years. Now I see it I would love to use it on all our bikes, however it is a little expensive!

We are certainly going to use it on the 906. :)

All the best David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The EBWT bike

Here is the final EBWT bike in all it's glory! We are testing a lot of new equipment on the bike such as Continental Town and County tyres to help take the Wisper quality to the next level.

Two weeks left before the start in Beijing.

P1012372 -100.jpg

P1012369 -100.jpg

All the best David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Late start for Electric bike world tour

Start banner 100.jpg

After some last minute problems with the trailer supplier the Electric Bike World Tour is about to set off from the Birds Nest Stadium Beijing.

Guim will be leaving on Saturday the 6th June on his epic 80,000km five continent trip on a hi bred Wisper Works 905/906se City S to arrive at the Olympic stadium in three years for the start of the games in London. He will be carrying three Wisper 37V 14A batteries that will be charged from solar panels when there is no electicity supply, these batteries will also supply power for video cameras and lighting.

The new web site will be published this week and I will post details when we have them.

If you read this Guim....... Good Luck!!

Best regards David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
World tour Starts tomorrow.

Guim is setting off tomorrow from Beijing on his three year tour of the world on his Wisper, lucky sod!

The new weblog is to be launched soon so if you want to keep up with his progress please log on to EBWT - Electric Bicycle World Tour and register your interest.

All the best David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Electric Bike World Tour underway

Good Day Pedelecers!

Last week, Guim finally set off from the Bird's Nest Stadium Beijing China on his Wisper 906/905 hi bred World Tourer to tour the world on a journey covering five continents and now 80,000km.

CIMG0096 web small.jpg

Apart from his Kenda rear tyre exploding Guim managed to complete the first leg into Korea whithout incident. We hoped to be using the Continental touring tyre but it seemed impossible to get them to the start of the event without very expensive express deliveries from Germany. Kenda have now sponsored the tyres for the tour and have sent Guim a new product which is supposed to be indestructible, we will see!

Further information and Guim's first reports and images can be found on these links.

Reports

Gallery

Best regards David

Attachments

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Electric Bicycle World Tour reaches Mount Fuji

Hi Pedelecers

The EBWT stopped for a day or two so Guim could conquer Mount Fuji (not all on his Wisper!)

I though you may enjoy this moody image as much as I did.

mont-fuji[1] 100.jpg

You can read a great report and catch up with the Tour on Electric Bicycle World Tour

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
2,000 down 78,000 to go!

Guim has just completed his first 2000 miles and is in Hong Kong on his way down to Vietnam. He is beginning to pick up a lot of media interest and is doing a great job spreading the Pedelec word.

You can find videos and article in his September news letter at;

Electric Bicycle World Tour

All the best David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
5500km down and into Cambodia

Hi a quick update on Guim's epic Wisper ride.

He is now in the middle of Cambodia with 5500 kilometers under his belt, only 74,500 to go before he rides into London at the Olympics in 2012.

Itinerary EBWT - Google Maps To see where he is now you need to scroll down to 1 2 3 Siguiente and click on 3.

toldo1 cropped 100.jpg

Guim's bike with new attachments to keep of the Vietnamese rain and sun!

Vietnam was fantastic with everyone treating Guim like family. Guim has fallen in love with Thuy Anh a reporter from the Ha Noi TV station that interviewed him for national TV.

IMG_9100fb 100.jpg

Whilst in Ha Noi Guim was spotted by a photographer shooting some Vietnamese fashion Guim kindly lent his Wisper as a prop!

Guim is still on the new Kendas and is having absolutly no problems now despite the poor road conditions.

For more info reports and some great photos log onto Electric Bicycle World Tour

Good luck Guim!

All the best David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
From China to NZ

Hi Guys

Just to bring you up to date with Guim's epic tour.

Guim is now in NZ taking part in a bike challenges around the islands promoting electric bike use. Here are a few of his video posts, not all on electric bikes but fascinating!

In Beijing (Spanish) XII - Callejeros Viajeros - PekÃ*n (cuatro) - Castellano on Vimeo
Bubu Island Bubu Island on Vimeo
Angkor Temple Angkor Temples, a future in silence on Vimeo
Lectures Lectures / Conferencias on Vimeo
Electric bikes in Christchurch NZ Electric Bicycles in Christchruch on Vimeo
Day 1 Wellington to Aukland challenge Stage 2, Day 1 - Wellington to Auckland Bicycle Challenge 2010 on Vimeo
Craig Killy takes the Wisper EBWT jersey Craig leader on Vimeo

All the best

David

Last edited:

nottyR6

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 6, 2009
How many of us have a dream to do what Gum is doing. Can't fault the Guy, I wish him the best of luck.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
what exactly is Guim's bike? A 905, 906 or a custom build halfway bettween the two?
905se based (rear motor, 906 has front motor), but I think the frame is an upgrade to a latest (carbon?) type for that world tour.