electric moped fault

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
yes cut all the cables off it inc the sense cables where soldered to the cells

How am I suppose to know which are sensor cables LOL I just cut the frigging lot, But I cant dump this battery in the bins as isnt that dangerous But cant see where to dump it anyway

I battery ready for the bin

I think it should be ok now to be dumped so will take it to bins later.

such a shame about moped as its running fine. But Im not spending another £176 or more on another battery as not worth my effort. plus what would I get for selling in working order defo not what I have spent on it.

£350 cost of moped Battery £176 =£526 plus a few odd things too. so say about oh yeah and a new controller which I cant get going on moped due to idiot previous owner messed with wiring so thats another £85 total spent £611 and if i spent more say like another better battery. I still wont get no more than £200 to £300 maybe less

3.jpg

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the sense cables are all the ones that go to that white connector you cant just put it in the bin lol.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
the sense cables are all the ones that go to that white connector you cant just put it in the bin lol.

Well what do I do with it then, as I had thought its a bit dangerous doing that. Its outside at the moment, But dont want it left there

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try the local tip and see what options they have or throw it in the canal or set fire to it ;)

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
try the local tip and see what options they have or throw it in the canal or set fire to it ;)
Well I will contact the local tip or council see what they say. I cant take that risk of tipping it into a canal wont do that anyway. Knowing my luck I would be seen.

Im wondering if I could find a 2nd hand decent type of battery just so moped can be sold, as cant see it going to spares etc.

I have now also sent a message to the Seller on Aliexpress stating it was just 9 months old, doubt I will hear back. But I will also be letting AliExpress know as well.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I find it is best when in a better frame of mind to get ones head around it if one can't take it in or understand, this is what I did when Guerney was helping me with the setting up of the JAVA download programme for this retched pc/laptop.
Batteries and buidling etc,etc I find easy but programming and pc faffing is all gobbledygook stuff at times to me.
Yes that was a 'mare for you, but at least now - if you mothball that second Windows 10 laptop - you'll be able to flash your existing TSDZ2, and others in future. You could also wipe that first Windows 10 installation and go through the whole process again, after installing JAVA 32 bit first (might need that one file).... but that's getting onto another long story. It's unhelpful being allergic to computers - entirely necessary these days.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well I will contact the local tip or council see what they say. I cant take that risk of tipping it into a canal wont do that anyway. Knowing my luck I would be seen.

Im wondering if I could find a 2nd hand decent type of battery just so moped can be sold, as cant see it going to spares etc.

I have now also sent a message to the Seller on Aliexpress stating it was just 9 months old, doubt I will hear back. But I will also be letting AliExpress know as well.
It could have been worse:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It could have been worse:

Well I expect most batteries bought in the UK comes from China in 1st place. It’s a shame really as moped works fine. Well it did but not now with no battery. Just a shame I couldn’t get a cheap one somewhere but then would it be ok. But at least it would be in working order then

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well I expect most batteries bought in the UK comes from China in 1st place. It’s a shame really as moped works fine. Well it did but not now with no battery. Just a shame I couldn’t get a cheap one somewhere but then would it be ok. But at least it would be in working order then
It's awful what's happened Billyboya, but sometimes the lessons learned best are the ones learned hard - your experience has certainly cemented the resolve in my mind to never be tempted by a battery bargain, or indeed ever have my head turned by a curvaceous moped. I was going to upload that flash video again - because that's your third one - but it felt cruel.

There must be somewhere you can safely dispose this battery?

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well id at least try and cut say 10 working cells out the pack and stick them on ebay as some one might buy them so worth a shot as others might have the same problem and looking for cells ect.

my bosch 500w batt cost 700 quid and it will end up down the tip at some point like every hdd and pc i have bought it all goes in the bin these days as make it unfixable. :mad:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It's awful what's happened Billyboya, but sometimes the lessons learned best are the ones learned hard - your experience has certainly cemented the resolve in my mind to never be tempted by a battery bargain, or indeed ever have my head turned by a curvaceous moped. I was going to upload that flash video again - because that's your third one - but it felt cruel.

There must be somewhere you can safely dispose this battery?
Dumping the battery is the least of my problems atm but it’s a shame because moped is working ok

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
well id at least try and cut say 10 working cells out the pack and stick them on ebay as some one might buy them so worth a shot as others might have the same problem and looking for cells ect.
I've seen single used cells sold on ebay - I've bought one or two for my necessary (for brain function) nicotine vapes, often rubbish, but they do sell.

my bosch 500w batt cost 700 quid and it will end up down the tip at some point like every hdd and pc i have bought it all goes in the bin these days as make it unfixable. :mad:
Especially with iMacs, laptops and small form factor PCs, they put so many components on the boards that the overall chances of failure are hightened - the sound or network subsytem dying isn't a huge problem, as one can usually disable in BIOS (if it has a BIOS or BIOS-like subsystem accessible) and add a card, if there are free slots and room in the enclosure... but on-bpard graphics usually means a board level repair, soldered multilevel, which isn't possible, or possible to repair or get replaced inexpensively - if that part exists and is available. It'd be wonderful if you could simply chip out a replaceable/upgradeable chip, like you can a card.

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk

Nar I can’t be bothered in ripping out batteries will probably cause them to spark etc. I won’t have no use for them anyway and sticking them on eBay I would probably get peanuts or not worth hassle after eBay take there cut too

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: guerney

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
intel wont sell the cpus for macs thats why they put the power traces next to the display power so when opening and closing the screen it fatigues the cable and blows up the cpu and makes them brain dead :rolleyes:

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Dumping the battery is the least of my problems atm but it’s a shame because moped is working ok
I'd avoid endangering myself or anyone else with that battery.

You could get a decent battery and sell the moped at a loss, or use it with your lovely new battery till it's half dead and then sell it, or break it up for parts now, or sell as a non-runner, or throw it out of your second floor window for a Youtube shocker video and get minted with Youtube ad revenue. Ignore that last suggestion, it's almost impossible to get minted by Youtube.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
intel wont sell the cpus for macs thats why they put the power traces next to the display power so when opening and closing the screen it fatigues the cable and blows up the cpu and makes them brain dead :rolleyes:
That's a pity, because the same CPU in your mac is available to buy elsewhere - used in many PCs and laptops by Lenovo, Asus etc. Someday this kind of self-repair sabotage will end?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what do you think electric cars are rolling fkn computers watching you 247 and tracking you and when the batt dies down the tip it will go and 50k for a new one every 5 years or 12 months for a apple car that cost triple the price with a retina battery that charges in 20 seconds and 20k for the charger :p and 5k to fit it at home.

and then you get a 5037 error car wont start dealer service required and a 300 mile round trip to get it to the dealers on the back of a lorry.

now go look on ebay for tesla motors there was loads last time i looked just you cant do bugger all with them with the tesla locked controllers but bin that and you can get it going but to build a batt of that size your talking 10-20k with decent range going 100 mph.

all it took to do that was the wrong charger funny how he try's to blow it out like a candle and fkn kaboom pmsl

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

no warranty and they wont fix it put in bin and go buy new one as it is to old if the sheeple dont wake up fast to this bs then we are all fooked.

what comes next 12 months warranty and pay for tesla care £300 a month.

if they wont sell parts or fix it out of warranty even if you pay how is that green bar all the extra dollars in the bank.

and as every part is serialized to each car with sn you cant even scrap it for parts it is fkn insane you pay the money to have the right to use it you dont own it and you are prevented from even fixing it o_O