electric moped fault

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well when I do sell moped, They can have all the problems then not me, But I have to make sure its all running ok. which ATM it is, I'm just waiting for battery charger, hope its going to charge up battery, it should do. so will let you all know. the battery says now 49.5V so enough power in it. But like to have it up to 54V.
Deffo put up that decoy ring doorbell after the moped sale, just in case - connect it to the internet, so that the guy you bought the erider from gets an earful

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Deffo put up that decoy ring doorbell after the moped sale, just in case - connect it to the internet, so that the guy you bought the erider from gets an earful

I haven't even tried the ring doorbell yet. I know it works. But will also be selling that too later.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Can I get my money back if this moped stops working if I buy it from you ?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I haven't even tried the ring doorbell yet. I know it works. But will also be selling that too later.
Sell the ring doorbell with the moped as part of your "1am to 4am Technical Support Contract", payable in advance of course - it'll keep ringing awake that guy you bought the moped from lol

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
the add should read .. no pick up in person courier service only ... then the third party can take the blame

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Can I get my money back if this moped stops working if I buy it from you ?
Its a different situation when person sold me the moped, he had just put a S**T battery on the moped, Just so I had enough to nearly get me home, which it didn't, I also charged it up again at my brothers house, Left his and only got a few yards. then bugger me it went flat again. when I contacted seller. all he said in a text was "Is it a flat tyre or battery" when I said battery, that's it never heard no more. he even removed his sim card, so you couldn't even text or ring him. or get to speak to him. in person

Also he was charging the battery through the discharge port not charging port

AT least I have now spent over 4 months replacing just about everything on the moped. cost me a fortune. so what do you think.

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sell the ring doorbell with the moped as part of your "1am to 4am Technical Support Contract", payable in advance of course - it'll keep ringing awake that guy you bought the moped from lol
How would he hear that LOL its at mine. lol

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
How would he hear that LOL its at mine. lol
It connects to the internet and reports callers on his phone app, no matter where it's located (depends on whether the wifi connection needs to be on the same wifi network as his phone). Mind you, once you connect it to the internet, he may learn your IP address...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
the add should read .. no pick up in person courier service only ... then the third party can take the blame
The old "Broken in transit/transit-van" ploy... happened to me many times, but only on low value items (so far).

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It connects to the internet and reports callers on his phone app, no matter where it's located (depends on whether the wifi connection needs to be on the same wifi network as his phone). Mind you, once you connect it to the internet, he may learn your IP address...

Nar I don't need a Ring doorbell, as had a D Head ringing my bell at 4am a few years back a drug addict, got wrong door. so don't use a bell no more

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Nar I don't need a Ring doorbell, as had a D Head ringing my bell at 4am a few years back a drug addict, got wrong door. so don't use a bell no more
Sounds like you need a bigger bell you can fill with hot oil, to tip out of your second storey window...

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sounds like you need a bigger bell you can fill with hot oil to tip out of your second storey window...

Nar I just removed my bell. But I suppose they can still knock. they would get a bigger knock back too

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Nar I just removed my bell. But I suppose they can still knock. they would get a bigger knock back too
It was like that when I lived in a tower block a few decades ago, best thing I did was move out. There's no telling what universe drugsters inhabit.

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Well you must be getting rid of moped , so change the avatar , then it won’t remind you of the good times you had with the Erider 15

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well you must be getting rid of moped , so change the avatar , then it won’t remind you of the good times you had with the Erider 15
Yes I will be selling it, and I changed my avatar before you said. Didn’t you notice then. But I’m hoping when new charger arrives. It will charge up battery. It should but other charger a wire came loose from the Jack plug at the charging port and sparked. So messed up the charger. The battery now is on 49.5v once I try new charger get battery up to full charge 54v then another week of testing it on a short road near mine if all fine after that then will sell it.
It can’t be said I’ve not done my best as I have. It’s been about a week since it was going I have tried switching it on and engage throttle while it’s on its stand each day so been ok so far. But need testing on the road as well

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I have now received new battery charger plugged it all in to battery charge jack plug point, and dam green light is on, but battery is at 49.7V but isn't it suppose to be 54V. unless now 49.7V is fully charged, But before it was 54V

can someone advise on this Please

I'm wondering if I need to get the battery down below 49.7V to get it to charge back up again

Here is new and old charger

IMG_2402.jpg

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need to test the cell bank voltages it wont charge because there is a problem with the batt.