electric moped fault

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I find it is best when in a better frame of mind to get ones head around it if one can't take it in or understand, this is what I did when Guerney was helping me with the setting up of the JAVA download programme for this retched pc/laptop.
Batteries and buidling etc,etc I find easy but programming and pc faffing is all gobbledygook stuff at times to me.
I call it "Sponge Point" - the point where no more can be absorbed. You don't learn anything new, if you stick to what you know.

Reactions: DiggyGun

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I call it "Sponge Point" - the point where no more can be absorbed. You don't learn anything new, if you stick to what you know.

That's it guys you jump onto my post, about PCs LOL Fill ya boots. I have sent a bill to you and soundwave. for the cost of a new battery you both can buy me for moped.

giphy.gif

• :D
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That's it guys you jump onto my post, about PCs LOL Fill ya boots. I have sent a bill to you and soundwave. for the cost of a new battery you both can buy me for moped.

View attachment 47551
Lol, no worries - I'm off this thread! But will watch to see how it all goes.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
@billyboya

I think now is the time to let it go. You have done as much as you can with the moped, which did appear to be dead horse from the start. We all respect your determination in trying to get this to work.

Save yourself further grief, time and money. Sell the moped without the battery for spares or repair on eBay, you will get something for it. With regard to the battery, the local Council run waste amenity, (tip) will take it and as such it can be disposed of safely with them.

I wish you all the best with your next mode of electric transport, but respectfully suggest you buy new from a dealer, that way you will get a guarantee and peace of mind.

Take care with your future travels.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
@billyboya

I think now is the time to let it go. You have done as much as you can with the moped, which did appear to be dead horse from the start. We all respect your determination in trying to get this to work.

Save yourself further grief, time and money. Sell the moped without the battery for spares or repair on eBay, you will get something for it. With regard to the battery, the local Council run waste amenity, (tip) will take it and as such it can be disposed of safely with them.

I wish you all the best with your next mode of electric transport, but respectfully suggest you buy new from a dealer, that way you will get a guarantee and peace of mind.

Take care with your future travels.

Thanks for your kind words. I have now been onto Aliexpress and chatted to an agent. he said have I got proof of bad battery. I said only that I've had to cut off the wires and place outside. he said get some pictures and he will ask seller to give me a refund. I am not very hopeful. so I will have to just take pics of the battery, but trouble now is I have had to cut all wires off. But cant do no harm to send pics. No harm in trying, Agent said yes it seems bad only lasted 9 months. and I paid £176 august 2021. plus had to wait 4 weeks for it to arrive here so say starting from October 2021. that's just well 8 months really But I told them 9. never mind.

You never know I may get lucky and get a refund. not banking on that

They seem quite confident I have a good case of a bad battery, just took pictures of all of the battery I cut wires from. and told them I have spent 5 months fixing the moped, and now dam battery failed. so laid it on a bit. they said thats bad all what you have done. so fingers crossed you never know. I am not expecting a full refund. but then who knows. But I wont be getting another battery. sell moped as spares or repairs now. I even sent them BMS readings too, pointed out 3 and 4 cells are bad

Last edited:

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
I have this vision of the new owner of the moped joining the forum and asking for advice , then been told where to go ✌

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I have this vision of the new owner of the moped joining the forum and asking for advice , then been told where to go ✌
Well I am waiting for the reply from Aliexpress, But cant really see them refunding me. But this agent said he is going to ask seller, and explain battery was dangerous. I laid it on a bit, as I would like to sell moped really with a battery, so new buyer can at least see it running. I just feel all I have spent fixing it up, I may as well have thrown my money down the drain. so I still think, its best if i can sell it as working. would be able to get more money back then. I'm no hurry as its not in my way, and if no joy from Aliexpress, well at least I've tried.

check this one on ebay it seems he has speeded it up to 30mph But seems to have a lot wrong with it. well a few things. got it on a bid it was £200 other day now £225 I bet his batteries are SLA

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Do you have batteries then, as I can see by your reply on this post you said about battery

If you need a battery let me know , in fact the whole kit

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
Billyboya , the battery and wheel is a Imotor 26 inch wheel complete kit , as I thought the other person maybe looking for a battery .

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I'm still waiting for a reply from the seller of the battery I bought from AliExpress. that was on 13th, and not had a reply at all. I've also chatted to 5 agents now, and last one said to upload pictures of battery to a web site for them to look at. Ive also found out now the battery was delivered 5.11.2021 so its only 8 months old. one agent said if I wanted a full refund or a replacement battery. I said replacement battery. at least then I can sell moped in working order well running. But even though its working ok. I cant show a buyer, with it running with no battery. Unless if I do have to sell as spares or repair, and a buyer has a battery he can bring to try moped working. well at least he would know its ok. I'm not very hopeful of AliExpress replacing the battery. But no harm in trying.

another agent came out with such a stupid suggestion, saying for me to ask the firm who delivered it, that can they give me proof it wasn't delivered. I said that's a bit stupid isn't it, as why would I wait 8 months to tell you lot I never got battery. also why would the parcel company who delivered it, do that as would get them a bad name. he just replied and said ok fare enough if you don't want a refund, then just left cheeky sod.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the company doesn't reply, I assume AliExp will step in an issue a refund.
I have had a couple of refunds on smaller purchases in the past.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If the company doesn't reply, I assume AliExp will step in an issue a refund.
I have had a couple of refunds on smaller purchases in the past.
Hi Nealh Well I have had quite a few refunds for small stuff. Like someone said to me once on site that the item is wireless, But when it arrived it wasn't and they knew it too so got a full refund. but that was just like £12 but had a few more about same price. I would rather AliExpress replace the battery really not a refund as no way will I be able to pay more than what original battery was. £176 if no joy with a replacement battery well looks as if I have no choice, But it would be nice if I did have a battery to sell moped, would make more money. But I'm not buying a new battery now as have spent enough now on moped. I would just be losing out.

I may need your help later as was thinking why should I throw battery cells away as it was just 2 so rest can be sold later. if i know how to removed them as they have been spot welded I see.

the battery is outside ATM covered up, but can sort other cells if its safe to bring indoors should be now as all wires been cut off.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I tell you what I have never known a bunch of thickos on that AliExpress, as I have now chatted to 6 agents, uploaded images etc even a video. yet they still say they have no pictures, yet when you are in a chat with them, and they ask for images etc. they even say back, ok thanks for that. then another agent says " I cant see any images " what do they bloody just delete them then.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you just need some plyers and some snips to get of all the nickle strip just cut it all apart basically but do it out side just in case.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

if you get one of those you can charge and discharge the cells you just need a cell holder for the crocodile clips to clip on each end. +-

you will also need a 12v 5a power supply for the charger.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk

if you get one of those you can charge and discharge the cells you just need a cell holder for the crocodile clips to clip on each end. +-

you will also need a 12v 5a power supply for the charger.

Well I will have to study that video as never used one of those before.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will charge most batts even sla single cells and plenty of youtube vids on them and doing capacity tests on cells.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
it will charge most batts even sla single cells and plenty of youtube vids on them and doing capacity tests on cells.
Im wondering if it’s really worth bothering with the other cells. Plus buying that charger, as I don’t think I would even use those batteries when they are charged up. I’ve no use for them. Plus if I did and get them all charged I would never use the charger anymore