eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Hi Paul. No I haven't ridden one. :)
I had the opportunity about a month ago, but had zero interest in the bike brand, so passed the offer by.

Out again today taking part in an Evans Ride It event with a couple of other KTM riding lads. Normally I struggle to maintain momentum to ride with them, but one has been suffering for weeks with a bad back and the other has changed jobs, and hasn't been out riding.
It was a bit painfully slow today, and in the end they opted for the medium route, whilst I rode the slightly longer route.
I was very surprised by just how muddy that it was in places, and thee were many lengthy puddles which had me wondering if the bike was actually going to make it through. Several were above pedal crank level, which is getting very close to the cable block level on the CX motor.

I can't say the ride overly inspired me though, as Evans events have too many road sections interlinking sections, which is something that Wiggle events somehow manage to avoid.

The Hutchinson tyres are absolutely amazing, and never gave even the slightest hint of letting go on the countless roots and adverse bank sections.

I made a few interesting observations about my riding when compared to many others, and seemingly the very tight single track or rather non existent track riding that I do locally, pays dividends when avoiding deep sections of water.
Crossing wet roots at severe angles with drops after also seemed to be another area where I scored, as did manualing over fallen trees.

The weather for the most part was superb, with just one severe downpour for the last few miles.

I'm not really sure at the moment when the next event ride will be, as the forthcoming rides are places that I ride anyway. I might possibly do the South Downs Evans Ride, but that that would just be for the social crack of it.

Both lads hung onto my Camel Bak and with them pedalling as well, I pulled both of them half way up this.

I might well pull the bike down over the next week to give it a thorough first service and detail.
I guess that is one advantage to still having the Full suspension bike as well, I don't have to rush it.

Last edited:

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Going back to the Bike Park Wales comments.
The uplift cannot accommodate plus or fat size tyres.

I have ridden there a few times, on the uplift and ride up day passes.

All the blue trails are relatively easy, but quite fast.

The reds are a step up in terms of steps, berms and table tops, but all rideable with the possible exception of Bonneville which is quite technical.

Good fun in the dry.

The uplift is usually booked up in advance for about 7 weeks at this time of the year though.

Easier to get a ride only day pass and ride up with an ebike, climb is typical Singletrack , quite entertaining.

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Wasn,t on about any particular bike brand eddie...there are others apart from haibike fitted with yam motors....thanks though.....:)

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Going back to the Bike Park Wales comments.
The uplift cannot accommodate plus or fat size tyres.

i could hang off the back of the truck and get a toe ;)

hope its not rammed tho get my 500w batt next week :)

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
How much that batt set you back wave??...so tempted to get another for the beast...£600 notes though..bit too salty for my liking.

Reactions: soundwave

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
:)

Once you are at the top, it is possible just to ride the blue sixtapod trail and loop back up to the top again.

Sixtapod finishes about halfway down the mountain, there is a choice of blue, red and black trails which take you all the way down to the bottom again.

But if you turn right on the fire road you are only approx halfway down the mountain.

Ride back up and repeat.

Sixtapod is one of my favourite blues.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
700 quid for a 500w batt :( bloody rip off but got no other option.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
There was one other e-bike on the ride, but the lads that I was with are cruising along on these two lovely bits of kit.

Other than on steep climbs, they usually always leave me for dead. Thankfully both of them had fitness issues, so I could chill for once. :D They are generally two very fast, super fit riders.

The bike in the centre was being used for the first time on this ride. It weighs in at about 9kg! Not bad for a full suspension bike. :) The 2017 version weighs in at an amazing 8.3kg.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Other than on climbs, they usually always leave me for dead
you will never beat them on the flat with that 15mph limit my m8 can even keep up with my dongle.

Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Apart from the obvious GPS error this was my morning, reached 0% battery right as I reached the top of the last incline, I had been nursing the battery for quite some time before that!
Certainly a stunning location there Chris. I'm very envious. :)

Out tonight playing with suspension settings. I've not been that motivated to ride this week, so time to get motivated and get back into the saddle.

My playground stretching into the distance.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers