eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

First ride today :)
Love it!
Mainly Eco with occasional Tour. Very happy with handling over a mixture of road, rocky climb and muddy bridleway.
Glad that you enjoyed your first ride, sadly I can't see the photo though.

Stunning sun set shame about morons causing issues in Stanmer woods, have to admit I did come across some obstacles recently on my surrey off road ride and did not give them a second thought.
Many years ago I rode along a track, only to return back down it again and someone had laid a log length out across the track on a blind bend. There was nothing that I could do to avoid it, and was sent straight over the handlebars. Not a pleasant experience, but thankfully I was only badly winded.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Just a brief ride this evening to try out the Hutchinson Toro tyres, before the weekends Evans Ride It event.
Even from new the tyres seemingly stuck sure footed to every wet, slippery, sketchy tree root. I've been trying to decide which tyres to run on the Swiss trip in six weeks time, and after wearing out a set of tyres in under two weeks last year, I've decided to fit the worn Hutchinson DZO tyres to which ever bike that I take, destroy them over the two week period, and then fit another set of Toro's. They seem to offer the same sure footed grip and the DZO, but without the immense drag.

Just a short clip from this evening. Low light hasn't helped the quality.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Thanks. :)

I'm back there again in six weeks, and hope to do that ride again. Frustratingly with that one, was that I rode it in the morning with no hold ups and faster, but deleted it by mistake. The road was pretty greasy when I filmed that, and I could smell burning engine oil from the Suzuki jeep for what seemed like the whole ride before catching it up. I was kind of expecting to come up behind something at every bend.

It is certainly a lovely place to ride, and there are many places that you can ride continuously down hill for that length of time. :)

Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I took the Macina Lycan full suspension last year, but I'm currently undecided about which to take this year. The hardtail feels so much lighter and agile, and is superb for climbing, so I'm kind of leaning that way. But equally every climb has a similar length descent, where the full suspension will score. I have five weeks to think about it. :)

This was the ride in that video clip. The climb for that was 5.15 miles with an elevation gain of 3,570ft. The bike is shown in shot, right at the end.

The longest direct climb, not ride length, was this one at 10.9 miles, with an elevation gain of 6,362ft.
I'm going to be doing this climb again this year, and have already worked out that I can possibly extend the ride climb length a fraction more.

Other than the upper part which wasn't actually a cycle path, most of the route is covered in this lengthy 2 part clips.

Part two section of the ride, is much steeper and very hard on the wrists and forearms.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
going to bike park wales in 2 weeks if you can get there ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need a proper splat hat mind and some pads, long as it not wet will be going ;) will pm when i know for sure.

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Gotta lid...i been down there a couple of times..it,s in a huge forest..i was just passing through...ain,t been down any of their trails..lots of mtb mongs there..got called a cheat once or twice..lol..i was just passing through forestry commision land..go **** yerself...anyways..it,s £6 or...£30 for a lift up you an bike..wouldn,t mind a go on a noob track...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
none of the tracks are very long 5km max should be able to do the lot on 1 batt ;)

you want a full face lid tho tbh, think you can handle this?

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers