eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Magnus182

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 18, 2016
The Netherlands
Magnus, I got 2 puntures in the first week. I think the supplied inner tubes are very thin. I replaced mine with heavy duty tubes and haven't had a problem since.
Thanks Chris! I was kind of unprepared so I had to walk 9km back to the car :). I'm considering to convert to tubeless. The rims seem to be tubeless ready.

• Informative
Reactions: chris130256

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Thanks Chris! I was kind of unprepared so I had to walk 9km back to the car :). I'm considering to convert to tubeless. The rims seem to be tubeless ready.
I think you only make that mistake once? I always have 2 spare tubes, pump and basic tools. That's not all I have to carry though! My wife insists on a small medical kit, eye drops, sun cream, lip balm, indigestion tabs.... the list goes on and on!

Reactions: Magnus182

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Magnus and Chris, as you have already
I think you only make that mistake once? I always have 2 spare tubes, pump and basic tools. That's not all I have to carry though! My wife insists on a small medical kit, eye drops, sun cream, lip balm, indigestion tabs.... the list goes on and on!

Here you go Chris. ;) http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/and-the-kitchen-sink.19998/#post-266293

The poncho has long since gone, but it did actually prove handy on a couple of occasions, and now I sometimes carry a couple of extra items, a fold up hand saw and some loppers. The bag has also changed. The loppers I tend to just leave hidden up, whilst I'm trying to create new ride routes.

Last edited:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
  • :D
Reactions: LeighPing

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Hopton Woods yesterday. Did the the Pearce XC red trail. Described as.... '18km and recently re opened after a 3 year break. It's classified as a difficult trail so it is suitable for proficient mountain bikers with good off-road skills. The sweeping descents, challenging climbs and rocky, rooty downhill sections have had a significant refurb recently'.
Very tough and had to use full power on some of the climbs. Knackered when we finished but a fantastic trail.
'Rooty downhill' caught me out as seen in the vid....most of it is my wife.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Hopton Woods yesterday.
I lolled at the puddle paranoia. It's an electric bike thing. :D

Kudos to you for taking your sheepdoggy for a run too. Great vid. Subscribed. :)

Na it's LeighPing who has the full time film crew.
I've a handlebar cam on at all times D8ve. Because you never know what's going to bite you! Or get squashed under your wheels. :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
eddie here is a easy way to fix ur missing sticker just use a compass to do the circles and cut it out from a games cd case.

spray it and job done ;)

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Hopton Woods yesterday. Did the the Pearce XC red trail. Described as.... '18km and recently re opened after a 3 year break. It's classified as a difficult trail so it is suitable for proficient mountain bikers with good off-road skills. The sweeping descents, challenging climbs and rocky, rooty downhill sections have had a significant refurb recently'.
Very tough and had to use full power on some of the climbs. Knackered when we finished but a fantastic trail.
'Rooty downhill' caught me out as seen in the vid....most of it is my wife.
That looks such fun, great how the dog runs along ahead of you too

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Nice one SW. I actually have some mouldable plastic, but have just been too lazy to do anything about it. :)

This short crap clip was from yesterday evening, and trying to follow the sticks on the ground to pick out the route isn't getting any easier. :D
You can't tell from this, but I nearly took a tumble at about the 3.07 point, when my handlebar and shoulder hit a tree on the way past.

Forgive the music, I did just have the mic on, but swapped camera position, and the cables kept hitting the camera, and made a noise worse than the music.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers