ERider moped Help

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The meter on your 24v bike says that the battery is fully charged. If your're charging with the bike and meter switched on, the charger probaly won't switch to green because it will still be supplying power . Try switching the bike and the meter off.
Hi vfr400, you must have missed this post,
thanks so much as its now just turned to green so it must have dropped down a good bit in 2 months but Im glad its gone to green now. as I will be selling electric bike once I have sorted moped, at least it will help towards a new battery for moped
anyway back to my moped battery, what's best one to buy as I don't mine paying extra to purchase that 48v. 30Ah. 30a. Battery or will that one be too much power, as the price is much cheaper than what's on ERider web site £320 this one is just £157.51 plus £23.64 shipping which comes to £181.15 that's much cheaper than paying £320. But I think now there is a problem, how do I remove this one I have now from case, as it will mean cutting that dc jack wires what go to the BMS, also same when I buy a new batterie I will of course state I want the 3 pin type plug for discharge. but what do I say about other wire plug end

This is where I saw a new battery

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002413782882.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2765201f5aBm8l&algo_pvid=35e015f0-0f31-4dfe-b8e3-57110bf1a897&algo_exp_id=35e015f0-0f31-4dfe-b8e3-57110bf1a897-2

Attachments

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
The 30Ah pack will be fine, but make sure it fits in your case. It measures 295x130x75mm. There will be VAT added to the £181 price on that battery, but there should be no further charges from customs. You could ask them to fit 3 pin socket to the charge wires also, which would save you work changing your charger connector.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The 30Ah pack will be fine, but make sure it fits in your case. It measures 295x130x75mm. There will be VAT added to the £181 price on that battery, but there should be no further charges from customs. You could ask them to fit 3 pin socket to the charge wires also, which would save you work changing your charger connector.
Hi yes it just fits in case measured it earlier. but I see now it says in total £176.04 so even now cheaper, But they will probably add VAT when I click buy I will tell seller to fit a 3 pin plug to discharge wire. 1 type, but what about charging wire as I dont see no plug same as mine dc jack one

Attachments

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
You could ask them to fit 3 pin socket to the charge wires also, which would save you work changing your charger connector.
Yes thats a good idea never thought of that, But this battery I have now how can I remove it as would have to cut that BMS wire the dc jack one. unless there is some kind of a connector once I have cut those 2 black wires. would it damage battery if I cut those 2 wires then

Ok battery is ordered but my bank says £176.04 but on this AliExpress it says £178.30 never mind my bank says £176 so much cheaper than ERider battery and only a 12Ah for £320 what a rip off

Ive left a note for the seller saying to fit that 1 type 3 pin plug to both charge and discharge leads

Attachments

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
But this battery I have now how can I remove it as would have to cut that BMS wire the dc jack one. unless there is some kind of a connector once I have cut those 2 black wires. would it damage battery if I cut those 2 wires then
I would try and remove the glue holding the jack connector to the box first. If you need to cut the wires, do so ONE at a time and insulate the battery side before you cut the second one, like they did on Danger UXB ;)

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I would try and remove the glue holding the jack connector to the box first. If you need to cut the wires, do so ONE at a time and insulate the battery side before you cut the second one, like they did on Danger UXB ;)
I dont think I will attempt to cut wires as knowing me. it will blow up battery, but Im now getting a bit confused dont take much now at my age LOL. how am I suppose to now charge up this battery I have. if I remove that jack connector, as you say thats where you charge it up. But IM a bit stuck now as you said earlier make sure with new battery it has both the 3 pins connecters on discharge and also charge ends of wires, which obviously will be great saves changing the charger 3 pin plug too. But I have no way of charging this old battery i have now as its a jack plug. or is there a 3 pin to jack plug adapter plus I will also need to make sure there is a slot to poke that 3 pin charge wire out of battery case, as cant keep unscrewing 6 screws each time

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I dont think I will attempt to cut wires as knowing me. it will blow up battery, but Im now getting a bit confused dont take much now at my age LOL. how am I suppose to now charge up this battery I have. if I remove that jack connector, as you say thats where you charge it up. But IM a bit stuck now as you said earlier make sure with new battery it has both the 3 pins connecters on discharge and also charge ends of wires, which obviously will be great saves changing the charger 3 pin plug too. But I have no way of charging this old battery i have now as its a jack plug. or is there a 3 pin to jack plug adapter plus I will also need to make sure there is a slot to poke that 3 pin charge wire out of battery case
Do you need to charge that battery? It's not much use if it keeps cutting out.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Do you need to charge that battery? It's not much use if it keeps cutting out.
Well yes true I suppose, its just that I was going by what flecc said, keep it as a spare. but then what's point if it keeps cutting out. so once I have removed all that glue from where jack plug is. I will then need to make a square hole to take the new battery charge 3 pin plug. how do you soften that glue as I think its so the plug dont get damp. But it will be in my flat all the time so should be ok so once I have made a slot to fit 3 pin end will I need to put glue around it or not

• Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
dont suppose anyone here knows how to soften this dam glue as its so hard to remove I suppose really a hot air thing which I do use for electronics, But will have to make sure I don't burn plastic

its ok a hot air burner is melting glue lovely
and wow look someone place a 20p coin under glue every bit helps lol come off price of new battery lol

Attachments

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
When you buy a new battery, you will need to solder some wires, so make sure you have that organised before you order.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
When you buy a new battery, you will need to solder some wires, so make sure you have that organised before you order.

its ok as I have told them to put a 1 type 3 pins plug on both ends of the battery wires 1 for charge and other for discharge also it will save me changing the charger plug too. as that has a kettle 3 pin plug

I have orderd one above on wheeliepetes posts i think 48V 30Ah and 30A got it all for just £176 and bloody ERider battery was just 12Ah and it costs £320 what a rip off

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
its ok as I have told them to put a 1 type 3 pins plug on both ends of the battery wires 1 for charge and other for discharge also it will save me changing the charger plug too. as that has a kettle 3 pin plug

I have orderd one above on wheeliepetes posts i think 48V 30Ah and 30A got it all for just £176 and bloody ERider battery was just 12Ah and it costs £320 what a rip off
How do they know which way round o put the wires?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
You could ask them to fit 3 pin socket to the charge wires also, which would save you work changing your charger connector.
Hi I cant have those 3 pins plugs on ends of charge and discharge as look they will be too high as lid wont close then. what plugs should I get then

I will also need a plug like what the discharge one has too

Im a bit stuck now what to ask them what Plugs I will require I have just told them to cancel the 3 pin plugs

I think a 2 prong spade clips are all I need for both. but where can you get a 3 pin kettle female to male

Attachments

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hi I cant have those 3 pins plugs on ends of charge and discharge as look they will be too high as lid wont close then. what plugs should I get then

I will also need a plug like what the discharge one has too

Im a bit stuck now what to ask them what Plugs I will require I have just told them to cancel the 3 pin plugs

I think a 2 prong spade clips are all I need for both. but where can you get a 3 pin kettle female to male
Sorry i don't get the problem, you have not mentioned a lid before, how does it fit with your existing battery?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sorry i don't get the problem, you have not mentioned a lid before, how does it fit with your existing battery?
yes the battery case has a lid so it fits in this space where feet go

as the existing battery has a white connector to discharge and bms has a Jack

Attachments

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I still can't see the problem, if there is space for the 3 pin socket that is fitted already then there is enough clearance for the second one for the charging.
I mean the discharge lead from battery will have a female 3 pin kettle plug same as charge lead but will the lid close when both those are plugged in. Look now do you see what I mean

also I will need same 3 pin plug in case like you can see on discharge bit but can you get a male to female kettle adapter

Attachments

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I mean the discharge lead from battery will have a female 3 pin kettle plug same as charge lead but will the lid close when both those are plugged in. Look
The connectors on the battery will be the same as the 3 pin socket you have fitted to the case, so you will replace the discharge one already there and fit the one for charging. The discharge and charge leads will then fit from underneath the casing as they do now.