ERider moped Help

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The connectors on the battery will be the same as the 3 pin socket you have fitted to the case, so you will replace the discharge one already there and fit the one for charging. The discharge and charge leads will then fit from underneath the casing as they do now.
Ok I will inform seller for battery to fit 2 type 1 plugs 3 pins

sorry if I seem confused it’s a age thing lol

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Ok I will inform seller for battery to fit 2 type 1 plugs 3 pins

sorry if I seem confused it’s a age thing lol
Don't worry, I've been confused most of my life and you have 10 years on me :)I hope I have made things clearer for you. When you have the battery in front of you hopefully you will see the light.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Don't worry, I've been confused most of my life and you have 10 years on me :)I hope I have made things clearer for you. When you have the battery in front of you hopefully you will see the light.
yes I’m so grateful for everyone’s help here at least I’m not forking out £320 for a 12Ah. One from ERider well expensive

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Can anyone here give me a rough idea how many miles I would get from the new battery 48V 30Ah 30A

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
30 miles on throttle only use maybe 35 miles. Don't forget with throttle use in the main it is asking for max power all the time with only the speed being variable.
On a pedelec with PAS options then one could get up to 150+ miles.

Reactions: sjpt

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Advert for the modern version says 20-25 miles on a 48V 10ah battery; in theory you should get three times that; 60-75 miles. In practice I think that is very unlikely despite the big battery; you might get it if you pump up the tyres as far as they can go, and go very sedately with some pedalling on an excellent flat tarmac road on a windless day. I'd second Nealh's suggestion of 30-35 miles for realistic on road riding in not too hilly terrain.

I think you'll enjoy the moped when you finally get everything working, good luck.

To get an idea of how things vary depending on conditions and riding style look at https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/range-assistant/. That will give more of an idea of variability under different conditions rather than actual range of your very different moped. You'll get an idea of range if you choose the 500w battery and multiply by the result 3; BUT set everything to the most pessimistic choice (low cadence, heavy weight, cargo bike with poor tyres, etc)

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
30 miles on throttle only use maybe 35 miles. Don't forget with throttle use in the main it is asking for max power all the time with only the speed being variable.
On a pedelec with PAS options then one could get up to 150+ miles.

oh thats cool then, but only trouble lol is when I get to that far, I would have no way of getting back, as would need to use someone's electric to recharge moped LOL. But nice it will go that far

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Advert for the modern version says 20-25 miles on a 48V 10ah battery; in theory you should get three times that; 60-75 miles. In practice I think that is very unlikely despite the big battery; you might get it if you pump up the tyres as far as they can go, and go very sedately with some pedalling on an excellent flat tarmac road on a windless day. I'd second Nealh's suggestion of 30-35 miles for realistic on road riding in not too hilly terrain.

I think you'll enjoy the moped when you finally get everything working, good luck.

To get an idea of how things vary depending on conditions and riding style look at https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/range-assistant/. That will give more of an idea of variability under different conditions rather than actual range of your very different moped. You'll get an idea of range if you choose the 500w battery and multiply by the result 3; BUT set everything to the most pessimistic choice (low cadence, heavy weight, cargo bike with poor tyres, etc)
Yeah I also thought that too, but at least it will go much further than my 24V 16Ah electric bike

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
oh thats cool then, but only trouble lol is when I get to that far, I would have no way of getting back, as would need to use someone's electric to recharge moped LOL. But nice it will go that far
It's worth noting that your battery will take 12+ hours to fully recharge with your current charger, so it might be worth taking a sandwich and maybe a sleeping bag with you on a long trip ;), but the advantage of a large battery is you charge less if your doing shorter trips, so in theory the pack life is extended.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It's worth noting that your battery will take 12+ hours to fully recharge with your current charger, so it might be worth taking a sandwich and maybe a sleeping bag with you on a long trip ;), but the advantage of a large battery is you charge less if your doing shorter trips, so in theory the pack life is extended.
Well I don't intend to go to the full length of the battery lol. I wont probably go no further than 15 miles with it.

Another question I don't suppose anyone here knows how to disable the alarm on the moped. I don't mind it being on when I leave the bike parked up but it can get annoying when just 1st starting out or moving it

Btw those plugs I asked to be attached to battery leads what is there correct name as cant see them on eBay

Attachments

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If you want to be really precise, they are IEC C13 and C14 connectors.

C13 goes on a lead carrying the power.

C14 is the inlet on an appliance it plugs into.

Information Link
very useful to learn these things. Can’t wait now to get my new battery and test moped out. Just hope it don’t cut out like it did before. As I was sure there maybe a lose connection at the ignition. But now I have ordered new battery hopefully the problem will be solved

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Another question I don't suppose anyone here knows how to disable the alarm on the moped. I don't mind it being on when I leave the bike parked up but it can get annoying when just 1st starting out or moving it
A hammer.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Has anyone here ever tried to register on this site https://eriderbikes.com/ as I have now registered but it wont let you log in weird, it says log in I got a mail saying my user name and password ok, but when I click log in and my name comes up it wont log me in bit stupid why tell me then i am ok

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
They normally send you an email it link in it that you have to click before you can log in.
Yes they did and I have also clicked there link but still wont say Im logged in I have tried google chrome and also Microsoft edge I click log in at top of page get this window up but still says log in at top

EDIT: Well it seems to let you post now, weird but dont even say you are logged in never mind its letting me post. Dont know how to log out so guess you do when you left web site

Attachments

Last edited: